S is for Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: S is for Saturday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:43 pm

How fun to see the many S words! I'm not sure my mind will expand enough to play.

I've feed everyone breakfast and set the kitchen up for the day. The bread machine is going. Meals are planned and in progress.

I helped DGD7 take a shower and wash her waist length hair.

I am doing homeschool with DS10 today. Yesterday was such a beautiful day and DS10 had friends here playing outside for most of the day. I decided it was the best use of the day. Today is cold, rainy and not a day for playing outside. So we are doing homeschool assignments that we would have accomplished yesterday.

DH and I had a discussion about our desires of how to spend today. We discussed several options and we are both in agreement.

We have a situation that we are trying to figure out how to proceed. We have lifelong VDFriends that have been without hot water for a month. We didn't know this because they won't ask for help. We only found out because the wife told her best friend and that friend came and whispered it in my ear hoping that we can find a solution. Replacing the HWH is simple - we could just call a plumber and it will happen. However, that would absolutely shame the husband and ruin our 60+ year friendship. About a month ago we installed a handicap access ramp to their home by asking the husband if we could do it for the wife (she uses a walker). We knew it was a delicate balance but DH was able to word it so doing this project didn't hurt VDFriend pride. We don't know how to accomplish the HWH replacement without ruining the friendship. Relationships are give-n-take. We need to find something this VDFriend can do for us.

CPA just called. Our taxes are ready to be picked up. I asked him "Does the IRS want our first born child?" CPA answered "No, you're getting a refund from both the fed and state. DDIL is stuck with him for another year". I love that the CPA gets my weird humor.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:51 pm

I am heading to the grocery and to pick up dry cleaning in a minute. While walking the ddog this morning, I found out that another longtime neighbor is putting their home on the market. They have been here longer than anyone, I think. I hate to see this neighborhood become more transient.

I looked ahead at the next few weeks for a chance to go to Nash-vegas to the state library for research and we are busy. Next week is off entirely, we are (unfortunately) hosting another small dinner party - dh wanted to invite co workers and both ended up same week - we also have a broadway production here, and dinner out with friends in lieu of first night seder, then the second night Seder. I have a webinar another night that I might sign up for, but I hate to tie down another evening. I thought the following week would work better, but last night dh proposed going to ATL on Thurs afternoon instead of Friday night and having dinner with friends and meeting dfriend's son's fiancee, if dh can set it all up. (We've known this young man since he was born, and he calls us Uncle and Aunt.) The library is closed on Monday, so that would leave me only Tuesday and/or Wed to go, with the possibility of being exhausted with back-to-back trips. I could lay claim right now to some time the week after and insist that we not schedule anything that would interfere. Perhaps we'll end up going to ATL Friday afternoon for the bar mitzvah and that will give me daylight. It's an all weekend commitment, Friday night, Sat a.m. and p.m. and a brunch before leaving on Sunday a.m. We consider these people as family also.

LadyM, not many CPAs have a sense of humor on April 13. Keep him!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:52 pm

So we are back from town, h got his boots I got the cheesecake for Easter it is in the freezer now.
Had a good lunch except running into friend that had to ask how I was and wanted to commerisate, I was trying to keep a happy occasion for h bday meal we were finally using his coupon for a free meal. I made it to Joanns saying they were having a big sale, not much on the shelves, overheard them saying something about happy pllanners being in the back. What is up with that!? I saw a sewing planner, $49 on sale for $30 or $39 still to much for me but got me to thinking what a great idea it is to think of a sewing planner love that!

Spent way to much time trying to find thatt planner to show you w/ out success.
Got a rest break and next I am heading outside to play with pkants.
Looked for a rose of sharron w/ success.

Did get the dirt moved to level out the hens dust bathing area from last summer, and a 20 min. At least of pruning the rose by the deck.
Just in time before the rain started.
Rain stopped and I got out and spaded up that bed for 30 min. Of exercise.
H. Decluttered some papers.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:20 pm

I got home and unloaded the car and just collapsed. I am tired! I've transitioned this week to Chacos or Tevas instead of walking shoes and I think the change has made my feel sore. Plus, a lot of standing last night in sandals (not Chacos or Tevas, decent foot support, but still different) and my hips are also achy!

I am starting now and going to the TOTH. I need to put away groceries and then start on tax returns. Need to look at dd's then efile for her. Need to look at ds' and check in with him. I need to look at ours, do the state return on the forms, print for dh and ck with him before efiling. I also need to straighten up kitchen...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:43 pm

went through 4 boxes from basement - recycled half the papers and went through everything.
it took a long time.
and I am going through one more box. and then work outside I think

you will laugh at me but I listened to a nancy drew book on youtube. no thinking - just silly fun.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:44 pm

a quick hi to d lady, d twins, d nancy since the last time I came by and hello to all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Hi bw2!

I got dd's return filed and the kitchen cleaned up and watered some plants. I'm going to take a break now....

My nose is running and I'm sneezing. I moved the cut Stargazer Lilies to the table by the front door, a little farther away from me. Took two benedryl, and I'm drinking iced coffee so I don't get tempted to nap.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:07 pm

I think I'm done with ds' return. He's going to come by tomorrow to efile the federal return and I'll get him to send the TN return in. I'm turning kids returns over to them next year.

DH came home tired and is asleep watching the Masters. He went to Torah study, then walked at the fitness center with a friend, then volunteered at a Beer festival that his Rotary club was helping support. His feet and back hurt, I suspect. I started to ask when he wanted to eat and he's sound asleep.

We have both a wind advisory and "Special Weather Statement" for tomorrow's weather.

I think I'll do our state tax return and call myself done on taxes for today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:00 pm

I've had a relaxed and enjoyable afternoon watching A Home of our own movie on A-river. It is an old movie but I enjoy watching challenges and how they are dealt with.

It has rained nonstop for hours. The swimming pool is about to overflow. I'm watching the level from inside the house hoping that I do not to have to go stand in the rain to pump water out of it. I feel like there is light at the end of the yucky weather tunnel. This time tomorrow it will be bright sunshine & 65F. Just got to get through a few more hours of yucky weather that won't let us go outside and play.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:36 pm

"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax." -Albert Einstein

As far as I'm concerned I'm done with the tax return. Dh can review and I'll make any changes he wants but I'm not pouring more time into it.

I did a few other things along the way. I got out the spring pillows for the front porch and took the dog out for a walk. I also started planning for tomorrow and did some of p.m. routine. I think I'm done for the night.

LadyM, we have some of that weather for tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”