S is for Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: S is for Saturday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:53 pm

The Big Soul (another S) concert was lovely.

I made it through the day.

I had a couple of coughing fits in the morning which I brought under control with water. We had a nice time. The young man was turning 12, not 11 (his aunt lost count!) and his English is excellent and we had a good time at the museum. He gets along well the old folks, dragging us from item to item. We went to the cafe in the museum for a rest and a bit to eat and while we were there he received two videos from 'home.' His grandparents (his mother's parents) through a big party for him with all his relatives on that side including buying a lovely cake (that's big in their culture) and filmed it so he would know they were celebrating his birthday even though is his half a world away. His aunt was saying they are very close to him because he is the only child of their daughter who died.

Then his uncle (his mother's brother) sent a lovely compilation of photos of him set to music as a present. Finally, a friend in Turkey called to with him a happy birthday. Tonight he will have a birthday party at home with his father and his aunt and her family. They all live together.

It was good to spend time with them because I don't spend a lot of time, they are very far away (the aunt moved from our area to a far suburb during the multi-year wait for her brother and nephew to get admitted to Canada.)

On the way home I stopped in at the Mid East Market for henna but ended up with the same brand as I had last time (but $2 less than the store in my area.)

Then I started the laundry and laid down for the nap. I coughed and sputtered and drooled but I also got some sleep. After just over an hour I got up and finished the laundry, then we went to the pub for dinner. There was no time to walk but I had been coughing so much I don't think it would have been a good idea anyway.

From there we drove to the concert. It was a very good fundraiser and we had fun but I couldn't sing along because it would trigger coughing.

We're home now and I'll head to bed soon although I suspect I'll start coughing when I lie down.

Return to “Post When You Can”