Going forward with curiosity and a optimism Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Going forward with curiosity and a optimism Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:59 am

It's Sunday!
Before you groan and look at the future week - stop yourself! (not easy to do, I know).

We, as humans can set our heads for the worst possible expectations instead of remembering why we were created or given this blessed time with the ones we love and the world we meet.

How do you set up your mind for the day ahead, the week ahead? is it with curious joy? Celebrating the small little bits of simple joy around you. Are you letting yourself fall into the worst case scenario over and over again. think of yourself like a light - every time you start your week/day with - oh there it goes again - you hide your light to guide and help others especially yourself.

Do bad things happen - of course! I can't say it won't. I can say much of life is not an everyday survival. When that happens we need support from others, we may be just surviving... we have all been there. But, we don't want to miss the joys of regular life because of the attitude we set up before the week starts.

It is so easy to forget to find joy in one little tiny thing each day. When you take the time to remember and not listen to those negative voices (habit); you have time to look for joy. What little thing will you find this week?

Your own joy will help another human being along the way. (remember a thank you, an open door, a prayer for someone you meet or have read about, can make a difference. it doesn't have to be big. those small things can change a life including your own.

Where can you use that curious heart you have - you still have it - to find wonder in a snowflake, a drop of rain, puddles on the ground, a flower trying to make its way out of the winter earth, a child's smile, and all the little things we miss when you set up our week by groaning and looking at the negative. We deserve to treat ourself better!

Be the guiding light for yourselves - find the joy in the smallest things and it will become a habit.

This week... find the little joys. You all are a joy to me and I want you to feel that this week as you start your amazing adventure.
Have a wonderful day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Re: Going forward with curiosity and a optimism Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:11 am

Blessed - What a great reminder. Thank you!

I didn't sleep well last night. I kept waking up and wondering how the plants were doing. Really. When the sun came up I was out checking on the plants and looking at the damage from the storm. There are large tree limbs laying on the ground, tree leaves plastered everywhere, and thing scattered and knocked over but the damage appears to be less than I was fearing. I am thankful.

DD came and got DGD7 this morning to spend some time with her. She will be back here in a few hours.

DH and 3 other guys are cooking/serving pancakes & sausage at church this morning.

I need to get dressed and out the door.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:22 am

Hello d lady!!! glad you are safe after that humdinger of a storm! glad the damage was less than you thought!!!
how wonderful that your dh and other men are serving pancake/sausage breakfast.
have a wonderful day!!
------------------------------------------------
Happy Sunday. It is dark, grey and snowing :shock: oh my gosh.. but I have flowers on my table - white hyacinths have bloomed.
Also the snow is the big fluffy snow that I love - even though i am ready for winter to end.

Dh has changed the beach boy song of endless summer to endless winter and he thinks he is hysterical every time he sings this. 8-) :D so we have had a lot of dh humour this weekend. I might get him one of those buttons that do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_NG1yXT6QY
He has kept us smiling (along with a smiling groan of "oh no not another dh joke" 8-) ). He is on a roll this week and is finding himself considerably funny.

dd older took my pansies in last night - thank goodness!

the goal today/hope
bring up art box and really go through it.
have dd older go through the jewelry on the table
have fun with french and math
I have to go to the grocery store.
Set up my planner for the week.

A joyous day to you all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:14 am

Hi everyone!!

I didn't win a single thing at the ham and turkey roll last night. Dh wasn't feeling up to going, so I missed him. I sat with friends, but they all left after an hour. I think some people leave after they have won something and others leave because they haven't won anything yet, but figure that they have spent enough money. At $2 per round it gets expensive. Plus there was a 50/50 draw and a "penny raffle" table (which cost $10 for 25 little tickets).

Dh has requested cabbage roll casserole. I need to go get a cabbage.

We are expecting 100% humidity at some point this afternoon. All kinds of weather warnings. I think I'll just go to the closest grocery store.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:16 am

I had a rough night.

Late bed because of the concert (mind was too busy to go to sleep.)

Then awake at 12:30 coughing fit, 2:30 major coughing fit so moved to other room which I set up for myself and turned on the humidifier. Then I went to the living room recliner and ended up sleeping there. Dh checked on me after a coughing fit at 5:30 or 6 and I heard him around 8:30 but didn't get up until 9.

Missed church.

I'm still not dressed.

I'm fuzzy and hot (I have on my warm dressing gown) so should shower and then get dressed for the day. I need to run the dishwasher now that dh is done his breakfast.

I have no idea what is for dinner tonight.

I have no idea what we'll do today. There's an electric car event at IKEA plus I need to buy ds a house warming gift there so maybe that's a plan. Dh says he doesn't want to look at electric cars until we figure out if we can pay to install a charger here in the garage. I don't want approach management about the charger until I know if I'm interested in an electric car. So we are at an impasse there.

Dd was asking about Easter but I'm too sick now to figure anything out even though I know I'll be fine by then.

Tomorrow dh has a dental appointment and I'll be stuck here for the fibre optic install. Then I'll walk over to the banks.

Tuesday is hair cut.

Friday I'll go out to the village for the Good Friday Service if the weather is good. We take the cross from church to church in the village and I love that service.

Sunday is Easter and I'll be at the city church for that.

So my week is filling in.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:30 am

hello d cathy and d kathryn as well!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:32 am

snow is falling and sticking. it is beautiful!
(lol I do have the knowledge it won't stay forever 8-) )

my planner is set for this week. yay
now for a gentle (fingers crossed :D ) start for the day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:02 pm

My last load of laundry is in the dryer with the other load being all put away.

Supper will be cabbage roll casserole, so it needed a cabbage. I went and got one. Now I am defrosting the ground beef. This is usually good for 2 nights.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:10 pm

I am up felt a bit rough when I first got up doing better now. I am trying not to over think my week and focus on today. Rest is on my list.
We had breakfast. I wrote my affirmations & sermon notes in my faith planner.
Waving to everyone.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:25 pm

I love cabbage rolls! enjoy d cathy!

hi d nancy. glad you are feeling better! waving to you too!

Return to “Post When You Can”