Sunny Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Sunny Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 am

Start Monday with a Sunny attitude, regardless of the weather!

sunny as adjective:

Definition of sunny
1 : marked by brilliant sunlight : full of sunshine
2 : CHEERFUL, OPTIMISTIC
a sunny disposition
3 : exposed to, brightened by, or warmed by the sun
a sunny room

Here's hoping the snow has stopped up north and the rain and storms have moved through, both literally and figuratively!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Sunny Monday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:52 am

oh thank you for a Sunny Monday Dear Twins!!! Nothing like starting the day with a sunny disposition!!!
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) (me in my sunglasses ready for all that sunshine)

hello!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:08 am

Dh woke me up before he left to write checks for state taxes and IRS. I had intended to sleep as long as the dog would allow, but I'm glad I got up. It's a gorgeous day here, sunny and quite cool, compared to where the highs have been. The second wave of storms never materialized yesterday, the wind was ferocious. By the time our company left it was very cool and breezy.

Second round of guests is Wed p.m. and there's less for me to do, although we'll have more of an accumulation of pollen and dog fur to clean up. Yesterday I cleaned the glass top of the outdoor table, and by the time we were sitting there last night, you could write your name in the yellow pollen accumulation!

I am well on my way to be cleaned up from the little dinner party. The dishwasher is running now, three of four countertops are clear and wiped down, and the fourth holds some things to be hand washed. The table and kitchen bar counter are back to normal.

I've already made a vet appointment for dMuffin today. I have several concerns - she has scratched at a mole-like thing on her side and it's been bleeding and scabbing over, I think her ears have gone bad again, she is scratching a lot in spite of Seresto collar and Sentinel, and she needs a nail trim.

My feet and legs are sore from so much time on my feet yesterday. I was going to say my energy was good but it may have dissipated already!

LOL bw2!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:12 am

On a darker side, I had about five minutes of shocks to my face/jaw last night, triggered by trying to eat a cold cut from the refrigerator cold. :shock: I often grab something like that at bedtime because some of the meds prefer a full tummy. Once I got into bed and settled down the pain settled and was gone, but was at seven or so for maybe three minutes of it...So I need to be careful.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:28 am

Hmmm….we were at Ikea yesterday too, Kathryn. Didn't happen to see you there though. Come to think of it I didn't see "electric cars" either. Oh! Right -you were at least 1,500 miles away from where I was. Silly me! 8-) Got the colander insert for dd's big pot (she got one several weeks ago but she let dh take it north for my pot there. So, bought her another one. It's really nice for me when I'm cooking pasta or a big batch of potatoes -can lift it right out to drain. Very difficult for me to drain a pan/pot. Got some towels for hand towels in our bathroom and have no idea what else I got. We didn't get much & I'm sure I won't be ready for another trip there before next winter. Traffic was horrible going to Tampa but good coming back.

Shortly after we got home there was a terrible accident just down the street (Main drag). Gal who was here left to go to W M and had to go by & there were bodies in the road at that time. I'm surprised the road wasn't shut down. So far I've seen nothing on the accident on the news however. Sure there was a red light runner OR someone turned left in front of oncoming faster traffic. :cry:

Trying to decide if I feel up to making spaghetti for dinner. Haven't made it all winter and I know dsonil likes it -at least my homemade sauce.

DD and I went to church before Ikea yesterday and then ate lunch at Ikea. DD had wanted to get frames for some posters she printed out at school. Ended up with bigger frames than she needed so stopped at the $ store on the way home to buy poster board to make mats.

I'm making index card for each of the days I have left here. Helps me realize how quickly the weeks are slipping by. Using a different color for each week & putting important info on dates as I need it. Some is to remind dh of appointments he has. He has one this Thursday with his gastroenterologist. I almost think he's due for another endoscopy this year so sure they'll set up that appointment. Need to remember to tell dh when my eye appointment is so he can put it on his calendar.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:37 am

praying that your pain stays at bay d twins!!!

d dee i am praying for the family of the victims of the road accident.
did your up north area get snow? we got 8" yesterday!

ready to start the day! have a lovely one everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:58 am

Not sure if they got snow up home or not, Blessed. But dh did say last evening that areas just south of them were under tornado watches. I have a scant 6 weeks left before I join him & have several things I would like to accomplish before then. That's why I'm trying to break things down so they are 'doable'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:23 am

A wicked storm blew through last night.

Around 11:30 there was very bright lightening and thunder. Between 12:30 and 1:30 there were several loud 'explosions' and I was woken up two times. The local reddit is full of people (some thought it might be a meteorite due to how bright the light was.)

I slept a bit better but was also woken by coughing at times in the nights. Being woken 2x by thunder felt like God piling on.

Heavy rain last night and into today so I did light therapy this morning.

Power is out to 27,000 homes in the city (we're fine) and so I made sure dh understood and is taking the freeway and not the alternate route to his dentist. I double checked and the power is not out at the dentist's because they have a different power company. This is equipment related (and it is no surprise equipment is delicate since our power grid was stitched back together after the tornadoes and is still held together by prayer.) It wasn't lightening that took it out, so we're guessing flooding at a some point along the lines. There's a lot of road flooding today too.

I don't think I have it in me to make my own sunshine today, Twins. I'm barely functioning but I'm s2s because of the fibre optic cable install this morning. The bed has been remade and sheets are in the washer now.

The kitchen is tidy as is the living room. Just the front hall to get perfect and that's completely my fault since I switched purses on the weekend and dumped things on the bench.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:41 am

Kathryn said:
I don't think I have it in me to make my own sunshine today, Twins.
I am sending some over right now from my inventory today. It is gorgeous out, blue sky and calm winds.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:49 am

Dee thanks for that remi der I need a plan for dinner today.
38* here cooler than last week we should have it warmer the rest of the week, lightening in the forecast for Friday.
I have my pkan and journal & breakfast done.
Have a great one!

Return to “Post When You Can”