Sunny Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sunny Monday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:56 am

Sending more warm & sunny thoughts and wishes to our northern SHE's.

My day started well. Homeschool Day #156 is underway. DMom has called twice this morning. DH has gone to CPA to deliver church money. Roomba has been sweeping the floors for over an hour. It's currently in our bedroom.

I love hearing about the IKEA trips and all that it has available. The nearest IKEA is over 200 miles from me so visits are rare.

Dee - POTB for organizing & implementing a plan for your remaining time in FL. Double POTB for using index cards to accomplish it. :D

Elizabeth - Award banquet?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:18 am

Storms stories here, as well, with threats for hours yesterday. Various events closed early.

Yesterday evening I let the hens out for their late adventuring and dd marched out :x and put them right back up (she just picks them up and carries them - has done it since childhood). She was appalled that I would chance them being caught out in bad weather, and sent them straight to bed. The hens were so disappointed!

The storms - Shortly before midnight, all the phones in the house rang at the same time. (This can't be good) Tornado-birthing was going on in a storm sweeping across us. We struggled to watch local tv, with the weather blotching the video feeds. We were able to get the info that a nearby crossroads should expect the worst at 12:03. :? (so exact - have never heard that kind of pin-pointing) Sure enough, it was pretty impressive and some towns have massive clean-up to do, but we ourselves had no big problems.

As Twins' says, blue skies today, very welcome.

Missing hearing from Lynlee.

On my PODA today:
I've done my DPCs except one - need to accomplish that.
I've prepared 2 packages for mail - need to get to PO
Desk Day for church is up, with 1 of 4 parts done so far.
Continuing emphasis on:
organizing/decluttering overview around here
eat carefully to erase some scale slippage

Dee, that Cardfile idea of one card for each day as you approach a calendar moment is really good. You could suddenly remember a chore and choose the wise day for it quickly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:29 am

I've avoided getting to paperwork for as long as I can so will try and do another month now. I'll time myself, perhaps it will feel less overwhelming if I know roughly how much time to expect this project to take.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 am

Good morning everyone! I would like to be warmed by the sun, having no heater is not fun. It reminds me of Christmas at my grandmother's house in Georgia. She lived alone in an eight bedroom house once shared by three families. It had no central heating only propane fireplaces, which you didn't want to leave running when you weren't in the room. Dad said this was a big improvement - those gas fireplaces used to be wood that he had to fetch.

I did get some housecleaning done, because the cops are coming this evening. No, I am not in trouble, they are returning some of the property stolen in November. Not the really good jewelry, but even getting some costume back is an improvement. I am now getting letters from law firms who want to represent me for the accident which totaled my car. The warranty company is also sending me letters about extended coverage for the dead car.

I guess I never mentioned the awards banquet. So, for those who are curious, DD17 and I helped her friend at church on a fundraiser. I served spaghetti and waitressed and she minded a silent auction. The friend's troop was going to an event in Mexico and there was no way she could afford it. Friend's mom nominated us for a Girl Scout Community Service award. We enjoyed a nice lunch, and DD found out how she can still be a Girl Scout even though her troop disbanded.

Harriet: I believe a bullnose snake fakes a rattle to scare off threats. It would work on me!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Morning...

I have plenty of sunshine along with plenty of heat that goes with it that I would gladly ship to those who need it. It’s going to be 89* today.

Long night due to a migraine. Meds are finally working which I am glad of as I have a full day planned. Need to wrap up returns to the PO, plus a long grocery run. My friend Twig will be here starting tomorrow and won’t leave till next Monday.

We have plenty of fun things planned including making some fun dinners. Sweetie loves having her here because he says he loves hearing me laugh all the time. I don’t need to do anything special to the house because my routines keep my home guest ready.

Sweeties sister and husband are coming for Easter Dinner. She been doing chemo so I will keep it simple...turkey, green beans and mash potatoes. Sweeties sister loved my mash potatoes I made at Cmas so I plan to make a big pot so she can take home some leftovers.

I’m going to make a Hummingbird cake for desert. Haven’t may that in years... it’s an original southern thing. Twig owned a wine cellar bar for years, and later the manager for a bed and breakfast, while I managed a tavern while I was working my way through collage. She is a great cook and we have lots of fun working together. We are making a quiche for tomorrow’s dinner and shrimp and grits for another. We love to play in the kitchen. We’re also going to scout out tile for my kitchen’s back splash and will install it ourselves if we find something we like.

Harriet...I love snakes and yours sounds like a biggun’. Not fond of poisonous ones though. Whenever my son found rat or king snakes in our yard he’d come get me so I could capture it because he wanted to look at it.

I have picture of my granddaughter on my FB Page if anyone is interested. Don’t know how to post pictures here.

Off to start my day. Meds are working and my head isn’t hurting too badly.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Speaking of headaches ((((Rosie))))

My pressure headache from the past few days is much better today so I'm assuming that means less sinus pressure. There was no difference in the discomfort if I had taken a decongestant or not so at first I wasn't convinced it was sinus pressure. But as I'm a bit better today (a small bit but noticeable) I guess it was that.

I got 2017 finished and did Jan 2018, so only 14 months to go. It takes roughly 15 minutes for 2 months. Some are easy, some are nightmares. But they average out to 15 minutes for 2 months. So I should be able to finish this today (that under 2 hours of work.)

I'm going to step away from the computer for a bit and have some lunch before returning to this. I don't feel the urge to push through, this will be a few months, then a break, then some more months.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:23 pm

for all those with headaches and under the weather - praying for healing!!!

- dropped of dd older tax envelopes at post office. (being late is not dh's way and that she waited until today made him uncomfortable and he offered to take it to the post office). He went in.
-I am so far behind but dh and I got cash for my registration (found out that my car needs a pollution test - illinois doesn't send out forms any more.
dh has to take my car or I may do it tomorrow.
- got myself a coffee
-stopped by the bank
-donation place

i did a no no and ordered groceries
we were low as they go re: groceries

snow is dripping slowly - I doubt if it will melt today all the way. I did put the pots of pansies out in the sun.

I am sorry that I can't say hi individually - I have a lot on my L*st 8-) that I want to get done while the sun is out (even if the day is cold and snow filled)
waving to you all.

I am doing the minimalist program again by Joshua Becker - it's a 12 week program. you pay once and it is life time or as long as he does this as a business. Back to week one. (newbies coming in to the fb website - always nice to find new people).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm

I have vacuumed. Ran a load of dishes.
Spiffed the bed and kit. Counters.
Got the trash dumped.
Sun is out but the grass still to wet to mow.
Got some rocks painted.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Muff and I are home from the vet. We've got meds for her ears and she's going to get a Zyrtec every evening, just like I take. She has no obvious issues that would make her feel sluggish so we'll hope it's just the ears that have been bothering her.

I think I'll get tax payments ready and take them all to the post office. I swore I'd never do it, but I'm just going to live dangerously and drop them in the outside box. :lol: :lol:

--------------------------------
Later, I didn't get the above posted..
Okay. I have everything scanned and ready and think I'll mail it certified, return receipt requested. I can't do it.

I've promised myself a nap when I come back.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Beautiful sunny day here. We had the tail end of that storm band here last evening late. Heard this noise and went out on the front porch to watch a very hard rain coming down. Some lightning and thunder too. We are at the edge of the next batch of storms coming through Friday and Saturday. Loved having this rain as DH put some fertilizer on the lawn a couple days ago.

I pulled the plants down off my bookcases and gave them a good soak too.

And speaking of Sunny, I was impressed with her post the other day. So much progress in such a short amount of time. I looked up the car and it looks like the one we had before the SUV, and I loved the 4 doors and the hatch. We would have kept that car if it hadn't been for the problematic transmission we had to keep fixing.

I would like to know how much time you all spend on desk day and what you have to do then. Right now I'm still doing things daily because the business things come in with no time to waste (statements, sub-contractors etc) but there is so little of that now it's done in a short amount of time. I sort my mail as it comes in every day. DH is working on a few things, but it sure isn't like it was before.

1 LOL done and hanging. I'm cleaning the office today.

Return to “Post When You Can”