Sunny Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sunny Monday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Homeschool has been accomplished. DS10 told me today that homeschool was fun. Maybe I should give him more work? LOL

Lunch was rotisserie chicken and baked potato. I picked some lettuce & radishes from the garden this morning and have them crisping up in the refrigerator. I'll fix a big green salad for supper. This afternoon I'll cook some potatoes in Instant Pot to have in the refrig. They make a quick meal.

We have an abundance of snakes here. Some are poisonous and some aren't. I've been bitten by a nonpoisonous snake and it was NOT FUN. We find more than a half dozen snakes each year in our home, shop, outbuildings, and yard. As long as snakes stay on the other side of the fence then we don't mess with them, but when snakes come into our home or yard they don't' leave alive. #SorryNotSorry
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:33 pm

The super dropped by. The cable installers can't find a conduit between the double apartments at the top (there are doubles at 5/8/12 & 14 that still had their conduits intact but once they got to 21, they hit solid metal.) So the installation that was going well throughout the building has now ground to a halt. There's some question as to whether or not the conduits were there and got shut during renovations over the past 50 years or if they never were there.

Each of the double apartments has a unique floor plan but the main walls are all in place. The conduit they were using on one side would have come out beside my kitchen/office door. The apartment below me has no door there, the one above just had wall installed there. And there's no sign of an access point so we assume it is designed to come out behind our kitchen cupboards or the office built-in wall unit (the tv cable drop is in there but this was to come through the phone line.) Our phone plug in that room is across the room but the apartment above us doesn't have a wall where our phone plug exists so goodness knows where that cable is fed from.

No idea when the install will happen but not likely for weeks, so we've moved our sofa back. I have to vacuum and then we can move the chest I use for a coffee table back and rearrange the chairs properly. In the meantime, the room looks too big with all the furniture pushed up against the walls.

I folded laundry, tidied the kitchen after making my lunch and started another load of laundry.

Dh just called out to say Notre Dame in Paris is on fire. It is beyond that, it is collapsing. That is very sad.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:03 pm

I'll mail it certified, return receipt requested. I can't do it.
Thoroughly understand all that, Twins. I always used to do ds-A's NY Sales Tax that way -back when I was doing that part of his business. One year he called me & I was at dbil/dsisil's. Asked why I hadn't paid the Sales Tax on time. Answered that I had indeed paid it on time. Evidently someone from state tax office called & said it hadn't been paid on time & he owed something like a $400 penalty. Gave me the name of the person to call which I did immediately -a "Mr. White". When I got them I was told they don't use names, but I happened to have the registered slip in my wallet, indeed postmarked on the due date for mailing (they stopped that a few years ago & it all is computerized now). When I read the receipt to him his reply was, "Oh, never mind." Really? DS would have probably just gone ahead and paid the fine. Notta!

Dsonil came home early -he had been supposed to go to his Mom's after work. But she had something going on. So, he was going to go tomorrow after work. Of course. Knew if I made that change in my appointment to tomorrow after he got home something would come up. But, he insists it's no problem. He'll come home to take me. Truth is he doesn't really want to go to his Mom's -has to go mow her lawn. I hate being the 'reason' though.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi!

Went to knitting, came home for lunch with dh and then went back out to another knitting group.

We are having left over cabbage roll casserole. I am going to cook some perogies that are in the freezer. (They come from a store. I don't think I could make them from scratch.)

2 customers tonight. A very good friend and her mother. I ran the Roomba this morning. I might do a damp mop between now and 5. I also have to make the bed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:56 pm

On CNN fire engulfed Notre Dame Cathedral pics up now.
Came inside foir a bit of a break and learned of this.
Got branches loaded in the trailer.
It i s a bit wet to mow yet.
Got my notes from a video conference copied down in my notebook today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:11 pm

SUNNY SUNNY DAY HERE... cool and a little breezy, just beautiful. We didn't have any trouble from the storms -- just some rain and thunder on our way home from College Town. They were predicting stronger storms to arrive here at some exact moment, like 1:57 a.m. or something, Harriet, just like you said for your area -- but those never materialized.

I'm having trouble getting myself going today, for some reason. Maybe I'm just recuperating from all the Nana-duty and being on the go so much the last week or so. :?

S2S... went to post office w/dh... paid two bills, after making phone call to cardiologist office (yes, we owe that much... haven't reached deductible yet... :roll: )... went to bank ATM... back home...
Talked to dmom on phone.
Forwarded email to teacher group for meeting tomorrow.
Other than that, I've done NOTHING but scroll through the internet. So tragic and sad about Notre Dame Cathedral...

Harmony, I don't really have a desk day -- I just pay bills as they come in. Usually before leaving the post office, like today. Fortunately, I don't have a lot of "desk day" chores. DH does take care of tax stuff, but he just takes some time after all the end of the year stuff arrives and gets it all together for the tax man.

I try to plan out my week on Sunday, but I'm usually pretty lax about actually doing the plan... :oops:
Like today -- I wanted to do the WHB, change sheets, and start some more decluttering in the master bedroom. So far I haven't done a thing.

I will try to have more to share when I return. I feel so lazy compared to all of y'all! :oops:
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:26 pm

I've just broken the data in the account. My only option is to go back to my backup (thankfully I'll only use 5 months of data entry but that's about an hour work plus and hour struggling over this one entry.)

It is an annoying entry and I had everything right from a money point of view but the cost basis was wrong (which I need for income tax purposes so it had to be correct.) Correcting that broke everything and there's no undo change option. This affects everything back to 2013 so currently my accounts are inaccurate going back 5 years.

Sigh....

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:30 pm

I am sad about Notre Dame. So much architecture and art gone.

anyone who says going through and separating stuff is easy has got to be kidding. 8-) It's still draining.

hello to all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Very sad about Notre Dame today. What a huge loss.

I slept 1.5 hours and woke up feeling less sore and more rested. Then I sat outside for awhile with ddog - it's a beautiful day here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Saw a post about capsule wardrobes on FB and it mentioned how many tops and how many bottoms the woman had. I went in and redid my entire closet in less than 30 minutes. Moved the jeans and t shirts to one rod and the "nice" pants to another rod (they are both short rods at the side) and now there are 20 tops on the third rod. That goes with 3 pairs of nice pants. Actually with all the tops and bottoms, I have so many choices because almost everything goes with almost everything. I know it all fits, so that makes it so easy.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”