It's Tuesday Today!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: It's Tuesday Today!

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Tuesday Today --
* whew *
The day has held lots of TALK... Talk talk talk talk talk...

Teacher meeting -- talk talk talk talk talk... all good -- just that it lasted a little longer than usual. Very good speaker, however.
As soon as I got out of there -- dmom called... talk talk talk talk talk...
As soon as I hung up with her -- ddil called... talk talk talk talk talk...
In about 30 minutes, dh & dgd will be back home, and in about an hour, dgs will be here. They will stay a couple hours or so, then we'll all go to the nursing home... then out to eat afterwards.

I told dmom I would go to the doctor with her tomorrow about her shoulder. She seems like she is doing very well today, though -- was talking about wanting to mow her yard and planning to make a banana pudding and take it to her preacher & his wife. :shock: AND she plans to come to the nursing home tonight.

YES... grass is growing like... weeds. Most of our grass IS weeds. :roll:

WTG, blessed -- hope everything turns out okay. Proactive re: health... I need to call the insurance "health coach." I can complete 3000 points worth of busy work on the computer or talk to to the "coach" on the phone (or attend a seminar) -- all to save $50 a month on my premium (along with getting my wellness check-up, but I have to wait till after May 22 for that.) I have done the computer stuff in the past, but it's a pain, so I'm thinking I might try the phone call this time.

I need to type up the minutes from today, Dee.

On the phone with ddil again...

(((LadyM & dgd)))

I've got to get off the computer. I can't concentrate.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:43 pm

hello d lucy!!! waving!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:11 pm

finished home blessing (except for wiping glass - my cloth is dirty from last week :o ;)
(i will wash it with the other towels after the whites.
not a lick of zone work done last week or this week yet. hoping to do that tomorrow as it is supposed to pour tomorrow and dh needs my car for a dr. appointment.

waving to you all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Home from taking DMom to Cardiologist appointment. DMom didn't have any changes to her heart status so the appointment was quick & easy. I had mentally prepared for the time spent with DMom and I am glad I did. Her negative comments about everything were constant. DMom has been driving more and more ignoring what she agreed to with my siblings and I. I decided to tell DMom what someone told me this past week. I was told, "I saw your Mom driving and you need to take the keys away from her!" DMom response was to argue that she is a great driver and to demand that I tell her who told me that so she could tell them they were wrong. (I didn't tell her) We discussed her advanced Parkinson and how it affects her response time and muscle movement. DMom changed the subject.

It was after 5pm when I left DMom's home. I had no dinner plans so I stopped at the grocery store deli and picked up a few ready-to-eat dishes. And chips because I'm a chip-o-holic when stressed and I felt the need for a fix.

DGD7 couldn't tell me the rating of her day. She said, "The percentage goes from 0 to 100. My day was better than 100%." It makes me smile to see DGD7 back in her happy groove.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:03 pm

I ended up spending most of the day getting the research from last night down on paper. (Why didn't I do as I went??? I thought that I had at least two of the three traced back to SC, and I can't find it. Anyway, I got down what I could on paper and saved it for another session.

Tomorrow we are having the other coworker and his wife over for dinner. That's a definite :roll: And I'm getting body work which will hopefully get my hips and back working together again. I need to do planning, because I'll need to get groceries also. Menu tomorrow is easier; dh is grilling again, but my contribution is limited to roasting potatoes and asparagus, and making challah. The guests are bringing dessert. I can do some house spiffing up, especially with regard to dog hair but it's in pretty good shape already.

The webinar starts in an hour. I need to do a little planning, and I need to put stuff in ddog's ears and take my bp.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:40 pm

No battle against a mirror here but in the past 36 hours our breakfast area window has been covered in bird poop. The management has encouraged the crows or ravens, not sure which, to come back and they are boldly going after the pigeons. I'm assuming one or more was chased into my window.

My neighbour said there was one her balcony who chased away a pigeon the other day. They used to nest on the roof and circle around and around which was a reason to not get a penthouse with the fancy terraces. Then the roof was redone and penthouse windows which took all summer to do and in the disruption the black birds disappeared and the pigeons shows up a year later.

Dh and I got down in time for lunch before haircuts. Then we picked up groceries on the way home.

I made up soup for myself and he had fettuccine to use up the last of the cream.

I've got back to one month beyond the corruption spot in the data entry and have about an hour left to finish the project. I massaged the numbers so they'd match the May statement and the June statement changed the book cost by over $3K. Since that's how much I was off last time, I'm thinking I did it right and my problem was believing the statement. So now I need to write a note to the broker for clarification. But first I'll check the December statement to make sure it hasn't been corrected again.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:27 pm

OK, this not understanding where the numbers are coming from had me skip ahead to my taxes and pull out the papers from the brokerage firm I'll use to fill in my tax return.

I now understand where the revised book value comes from on the new investment but that doesn't answer why the number was wrong in May but changed in June. That's a future problem, I don't need a final book value on that until I sell that investment.

BUT I don't know where they came up with the book value for the original investment (which was 'optioned' obviously something I don't understand.) The transaction left me with a new investment and $15K cash. The value of the new investment plus the cash, was approximately the value of the old investment (give or take a few hundred dollars.

But the tax documents show an $11K loss on the option process. Because I received $15K in the process so that doesn't look like a loss to me. And their docs say that they don't certify their accuracy but of course, when you file your taxes, you do certify everything is true. Since I can't see where they get the numbers from, I've asked for an explanation from the brokerage firm.

In the meantime, I'm not sure if I should go ahead and finish updating this account. If I get the answer, and break the database when I try and enter the correction (which is what happened yesterday), then I will lose a couple of hours work.

On the other hand, I'm on a roll and would love to get this task finished so I can put all these papers away and pull out the tax papers and start my return. (This is Canada so I still have until the 30th, I'm not late and can wait for the answer from the brokerage.)

I'm now backing up the file over and over so I can restart from the middle of May if I do have to restart again.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:35 pm

I dusted the living room yea!

Return to “Post When You Can”