It's Tuesday Today!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

It's Tuesday Today!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:37 am

My head is thick and I'm having a hard time thinking what day it is today. And I can't get moving.

What does today hold for you?

or, if you got here later in the day....

What did today hold for you?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: It's Tuesday Today!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:38 am

I'm awake, barely. I don't think I had a terrible sleep last night, but maybe I did because I'm certainly not anything remotely bright this morning.

I'll try and get dressed and see what happens.

Hair cut today. Aside from that, the day should be focused on data entry.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 am

I am up early was the last to get up here at 5 a m :shock: when a wet dog woke me up from the rain!
We had rain in the nite glad l mowed yesterday and did not wait.
Laundry is going.
Posting from stat bike,
Journal , planning & groc. List writen down.
Have a great day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 am

Hoping that clear thinking comes your way, Kathryn.

editing! speaking of clear thinking :? I meant to say, thinking of you, blessed, as you put up with getting poked and prodded today! Good job getting proactive med stuff done.

Nancy, I can't believe how our grass is growing - looks shaggy even though it seems like we just mowed.

I felt many of the same sentiments posted here yesterday regarding the fire. HRH watched the reports and some live-stream. Dd came home asking that we not talk about it any more because it had been such a worrying topic at each class and at work that she needed a respite.

Yesterday was a good day for me in that I cooked ahead and ate very well, releasing 2 pounds of water weight by this a.m. I'm relieved because it was getting me down to see days passing while just not feeling right, without better outcome. There was always some deadline/detour/difficulty that kept me from consistency. It's the trend that counts.

Ta-Da from yesterday was a big grocery trip with long list, all found. It's not as easy by myself and probably slower, but I like the attention I can give it. Back home, I arrived just as dd got home, so she put things away.

This morning was a good morning for our household with everyone working well together (or, at times, working around each other well, lol) in a good mood. A cold morning.

Today :
Errand Day ? (3 stops in the line-up so far *)
* (hmmm - call back from pharm 2 may move this to tomorrow)
continue on church Desk Day
there's another DPC for us as well
continue decluttering

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 am

I have a haircut today as well, Kathryn (as long as dsonil remembers he needs to take me). I 'think' I had a pretty good night's sleep too. I awoke shortly after 6 & took my T-med. Decided I'd lie back down for an hour or so......9:15! Wow. But I needed it for sure.

Got a note late last night that I need to send for a membership transfer for our church. This gal used to live around the corner from us & babysat a lot. She went on to be pastor up Vermont way. But now she's retired & wants to rejoin our church. I'm thinking she might be good as our next Church Clerk. Her Mom was for years before me.

Also want to do the church council minutes from last Tuesday & get those sent off (and off my mind!) So those are my focus for today -church work I guess.

Was waiting for my f it b it to 'sync' but it doesn't seem to want to this morning. I'll check again in a few minutes.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:23 am

hope you feel better d kathryn! enjoy the hair cut time

did I hear that many of you are having fast growing jungles growing in your yard? :D
considering we had a snowstorm the other day, all the snow is melting and I have the kitchen and bedroom windows open for fresh air (while dh can't see it - he is always cold!).

enjoy your hairs cut d dee!

hello d harriet! glad yesterday was a good day for you!! glad you also were able to do a good shopping trip

hi d nancy! cheering you on for a great day.

oops dh just saw the kitchen window ope 8-) ;) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:31 am

listening to a book on line.
went into dd older's room and pulled a desk top of stuff out for her to go through this weekend. (a box from 2012/2013)
I also washed one shelf and one drawer.
Since she doesn't live here all week long, I can slowly (turtle speed) go through her room once a week. I vacuum and dust once a week in there so it is easy for me just to grab something.
She said she was surprised how the room is feeling less cluttered even though she is good at getting rid of things. She said she didn't have the time but the 15 minutes of looking at things I put out makes the decluttering process easier.

You should see the 3 season room that is full of dd youngers stuff!!!!! it's less than I thought but I have to tell her it all has to fit in her closet. I can't let her go down in the basement with boxes of stuff anymore.

re: mice
so far we have spent: 850 for all the poison (I hated doing that but it's mice or us)
$ 607 for closing all the open spots Including under the siding. (they have been here since he house was built in 1975! Having our old cat really made a difference.

I have to leave at 12:30 for my heart echo.. wish me luck :D :D :D

I didn't do home blessing yesterday bc I got sidetracked on bringing up the empty plastic boxes and went through a couple of dd younger's boxes. So I guess my declutter day was yesterday. 8-) :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:36 am

My day is off to a good start. DD here at 7am to get DGD7 ready for school. DS10 is on his 2nd hour of Homeschool. I have a clipboard with assignments ready for DS10 to take with him. He will be going with DH to a doctor appointment. I will be taking DMom to her doctor appointment. Hopefully, DH will be back in town in time for DS10 to go to Piano lessons and pick up DGD7 from school. It's like playing Tetris getting all the appointments and travel time to fit into the day.

I woke up during the night to go to the bathroom. I always check on DKids when i get up. When I got to DGD7 bed I found it was empty. I must have looked foolish searching for her in my half sleep state. I pulled all the covers off her bed, got on the floor looking under the bed, behind things, etc. Nope. I went into DS10 bedroom to see if she was there. Nope. I checked the living room couches. Nope. Then I checked our bed. Yup. DGD7 had crawled into our king size bed and was curled up near the bottom of the bed under the covers. She normally wakes me up when she needs extra snuggle time and gets into our bed. Last night she didn't wake me when she got into our bed. I gathered her into my arms and we both went back to sleep.

I am listening to the Classic Piano Station. It has become one of my favorite background sounds.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:42 am

waving at you d lady... I will say hi later as I have to get back to work. have a great day

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:03 am

I just walked Muffin around the circle and came in sneezing to beat everything! I need to use the Flonase more regularly...I already take Singulair and zyrtec and doc suggested adding Flonase to the line up. (I need a sneezing icon today!)

Quiet day here again, I get to do genealogy! First I need to document the research I was doing last night and get it all down. Sometimes on the "hunt" I just keep going and need to retrace my steps.

Dh has a meeting tonight - we have enough leftovers for both of us for supper, and I am watching a webinar at 8 p.m.

Kathryn, if it's any consolation I understand how you are feeling. I am also not with it these days, whether it's my meds or aging or what. Yesterday, driving, I hit a curb hard, just not realizing that it was there. Then, a little rattled by that, I turned in front of a car with the right of way. I am doing things like this every day - from cooking Sunday and leaving an ingredient out of the challah to scraping my car on the garage to making errors on the tax return. While preparing to file our return yesterday, I found a small error, but dh had already written the check to send in and so I left the error as is. I hope to be able to continue reducing my meds, but with the Sunday night pain, I'm not sure I can.

Bw2, I hope you have a favorable result from the heart echo test. Fingers crossed for you.

LadyM, I hope dgd7 is doing better today. She must have had a rough weekend some how, I hope you can get to the bottom of it, if needed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”