It's Tuesday Today!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: It's Tuesday Today!

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:14 am

LadyM, I hope dgd7 is doing better today. She must have had a rough weekend some how, I hope you can get to the bottom of it, if needed.
Me too.

Got the letter of transfer written & out in the mailbox (this is probably record time for me since I didn't even get the request until 11 last night). Now I'm going to make myself sit here until I have the Church Council minutes done and sent (from April's meeting). Next meeting isn't until May 14th but want them off my mind.

Need to get my hair washed in the next couple of hours. Dsonil should be taking me to get my hair cut in about 4 hours. DD is getting hers done at 4:15 so will ride home with her.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:42 am

DS10 and DH are off to volunteer then go to DH doctor appointment. DS10 almost forgot to take the clipboard with 6 assignments on it. Thankfully he has a homeschool teacher that remembered and put it into his hands on their way out the door. DS10 may not be thankful today but one day he will be glad that he learned long division, past participles, etc.

I need to take a clue from Dee and write up the church minutes. I also need to wash & style my hair before leaving today. The sooner I get started the sooner I will get done.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:55 am

Glad for the company, LadyM. I looked & looked in many places (on my computer) for the Board of Trustee minutes. Was sure I'd received them from the chair but evidently I have everything but hers. She's usually the first to submit. But I do have everything but hers done once I receive it. So not entirely off my mind but hers is usually pretty easy.

My one other focus for today is to get my hair washed. So will do that in the next hour.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi everyone!

I am trying to take care of business today, but I don't feel like working.

Dishwasher is going. Roomba did at least an hour earlier. Dh has come and gone. He had gasoline on his work shirt. Peeeeeee Ew!! The things mechanics go through sometimes. He apologized. I told him I prefer a man who gets his hands dirty to someone who sits around watching cartoons.

Supper tonight is Aloo Gobi and Tandoori chicken with rice as a side dish and naan bread.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:37 pm

At ds' house staying with our green-eyed boy untill Daddy can get home. Could barely understand ds on the call. So many sirens. His workday has turned difficult. The teen babysitter has a dentist appt and must bike home for that. Such a pleasant girl. She was as ambitious, playing both catch and fetch with Gunner in the mix, so I'm glad all that energy's spent now! We're playing a video game now and Gunner is sleeping.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:16 pm

enjoy your time with your sweet green eyed boy d harriet.

hello everyone

heading out for my appointment.
i did some home blessing. almost done.
did morning routine except for swish and swipe toilets.
ta ta
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:23 pm

Minutes are typed. I sent them to the printer (in the cloud) but apparently, the printer was knocked offline when we lost power during the storms. I'm rebooting and hopefully, that will take care of the connection.

I'm S2S with freshly washed hair. I'll let it dry naturally for a bit then use a hair dryer if I have to. My hair doesn't dry fast. It is still damp in the morning when I wash it at night.

DS10 is sitting in the doctor waiting room texting me. Sending me pictures of cute puppies, etc. Anything to distract himself from doing his assignments. I reminded him that he will be sad this evening when he has to stay indoors to finish his assignments while his friends are outside playing. #LifeLessons #Consequences

Blessed - thinking of you during the heart test.

CathyS - I had to look up Aloo Gobi and Tandoori chicken. I want to try it! Wishing we had a virtual transporter to send me a sample. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:32 pm

LadyM and others with mirrors that attract bird fights - there was a shocking scene on driver's side mirror this morning. (This one has an additional circular blind-spot mirror - don't know if that made a difference.) We knew a small bird had been dancing at it earlier. But this morning blood was sprinkled all over, top and around it and even onto window, and blood had dripped down the side of the car as much as 6-inch-long trails. I've never seen anything like it. This bird must be willing to die to win this terrible battle. I cleaned and covered with a plastic grocery bag and have turned the car around the other way in case that changes anything.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:33 pm

test is done... the nice woman didn't say anything except asked if I had a cardiologist. nope. so now we wait and see ;)
glad it's done!

awe d harriet! nothing that could have been done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:38 pm

it is still early in the day but I am tired - it is stunning outside 67 degrees and partly cloudy. would you believe there is still wee bits of snow out by the countryside (probably where big piles of snow had been parked during the clean up). All the snow we had the other day is gone.
in the news, they showed a photo of a crane from up north, sitting on its' eggs, with a pile of snow around her. all you saw was her head popping up.
On the way to the hospital, I looked over at the marsh and there were 5 swans. I know we get them now and again but to see 5 together on the little island is unusual. I also saw 2 swans in the hospital pond. (I am sure those are put there by a service as there is a sign that says, "please don't feed the swans!"

I still have:
swish and swipe to do in bathrooms
swipe the glass
dust the front room

Return to “Post When You Can”