Wednesday Works PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Wednesday Works PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:08 am

Life has returned to a normal that he thought would never be. #MiraclesHappen
So happy that you can say this, Lady M. Gives me hope for my vdfriend, Di, with stage 4 lung cancer. She's been having a very difficult struggle. She's only about an hour and a half away but haven't been able to go see her all winter & that's not likely to happen before I go north the end of May. When they're up north as well they're only 3 sites away from us and I'm going to dearly miss their being there this summer. Our other dfriend who had ovarian cancer passed away last summer & they were only 2 sites away. A big hole.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 am

My broker called. He had one answer on the book value of the affected investment but no answer why my $4K gain was showing as an $11K loss on the form from his company. I had to point out that if that was wrong, I could no longer trust any number from his company. This was serious. The difference in tax owing is about $1000, so this is not insignificant. More important, one shouldn't file a false income tax return and faulty documents from someone else is not a defense in Canada.

He's checking the forms for other clients to figure out if I'm an exception or if the forms are all wrong.

In the meantime, I found the original information circular about the merger online (I tossed my copy without reading it over a year ago) and there's no special tax consideration this is a straightforward "I bought it, it went up so I pay taxes on the gains" deal. (You can sometimes buy fancy structured deals that are basically buying a tax loss but this isn't one of those.)

The after merger original book value was messed up for everyone (I found a thread about that on an investment forum.) I've got a question into the appropriate sub-reddit to see if anyone else has dodgy forms from their brokers.

Dd called and she was walking to library story time with the kids. So I don't need to go get dgs outside today. Dsil had already taken dgs for a walk to look at Spring. Which is good (I had encouraged both parents to get outside to breathe outside air since it has a higher oxygen content than indoor air.)

So the rest of my day is now open. I'll start with getting dressed (the tax bookkeeping stuff has distracted me.) I should finish slipshod cleaning as well. Then I'll get back to the taxes (there's a lot that can be done before getting an answer about this investment.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:32 am

I have been watching Life Sentence on Netflix. It is a show how cancer affects not only the person going through it but everyone around it. In this show, the girl went through 8 years of treatment and only had a few months to live. Then a trial treatment cured her. It is a very complex subject of how life changed for everyone.

DS10 is taking a break and spending some time outside. We will resume school in about 10 minutes.

I stopped and came to the computer to order DH some new pants. The new diabetic meds the doctor put him on appear to be working. He is losing weight and his current pants are falling off. DH asked if I could order him a pair of suspenders to hold his pants up. Nope. We are ordering pants in a smaller size! Good problems to have!

I'm going to fill the Instant Pot with a couple of packages of pork that I bought yesterday. It should be done by lunch.

Kathryn - That is highly concerning. The financial information should be cut/dry to the penny. I suspect the broker is sweating in a panic to not have the answer.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:47 am

Can I ask what new meds dh was put on, Lady M? I've been on glipizide and metformin forever it seems. Know some are not compatible with people who already have heart issues however. I'm finding it absolutely, positively, almost impossible to lose weight. My cardiologist is not going to be happy. I've messed with the same 2 or 3 pounds ever since my original loss after my heart attack the end of October. I am trying so hard. Down 1, up 2, down 1, down 1, up 2, etc, etc, etc. :cry:

Was looking to see if I had one more book of checks for our bank down here. Looked & looked & finally found them in a very logical place. Have put that book along with the one I'm using in a pink carrier that I'm taking on the plane with me. Probably won't need to order any now until next winter. Don't use checks from there too often -except when dh goes north & I use them for church and a few other things I have to write checks for -like for the scholarship fund for our dgdZoe. I probably won't use more than 6 more. We use our E astman Savings & L oan account up there. I'm seeming to find several things that I needed to locate over the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll have it all organized by the middle of May.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:10 pm

To answer our title question today of Wednesday WORKS, I am definitely a card person and in fact have been "playing" :) ;) in the cardfile box this morning quite a bit. My declutter and laundry cards needed info added and some others needed tweaking.

blessed, it's pleasant for us to hear from Ms Cranky Pants anyhow!

Dee, that is WON interesting question. ;) Today I would pick, saying ... .. a deeper clean of bedroom is WON.

Joining Nancy in dusting soon. (yes, yay!)

TaDas include a D.A.O. (declutter-ahead-of :mrgreen: ) bedroom cleaning, trash out and bags replaced, Morning Daily Card done well, brunch scramble, some outdoor chores.

PODA
Errand Day is up for me - still at only 3 errands, & thankfully same direction
The finish of church paperwork is at hand!
Vacuuming the bedroom with dusting yay

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 pm

I just don’t feel like I have much WON or inthe WORKS today.
I am s2s — well, not exactly — just S so far...
Two WINS for the day — I am planning to get a card in the mail to a dfriend and later, I plan to accompany dmom to the shoulder doctor.

I made an attempt to declutter a drawer in my nightstand last night.
Discarded NOTHING and still feel somewhat perplexed. I have a box in this drawer that is filled with devotional material — pages saved from daily devotional magazine, clippings from the Billy Graham newspaper column, etc. I don’t look at this stuff often, but when I do, it is very encouraging. The box is about the size of a book — actually, I think a Bible came in it. But my life is absolutely filled with stuff like this.... so it is one box of many Marie Kondo would label sentimental/misc.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Dee - DH started taking a weekly shot of Ozempic about a month ago. He is taking a very low dose (.25mg) for the first few weeks to make sure it works for him then they will raise the dosage if needed. DH has been on metformin for years and it controls his A1C okay. But the doctor is highly concerned about his weight being is a health hazard. The doc wanted DH to try this weekly shot for weight loss and it seems to be working well. According to Wikipedia.... Semaglutide is a pharmaceutical drug developed by Danish company Novo Nordisk. Originally developed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes in 2012, it was found in 2017 that it can be used for the treatment of obesity. FYI....It requires getting a shot in the stomach.

I spent some time moving some of the plants to be under the deck roof. The plants that can't be moved easily are now covered up as well as I can. The radar shows absolutely nothing but there is a heaviness in the air. You can feel the storm coming. I'm proud of DS10 desire & willingness to help.

We have gotten sidetracked from homeschool lessons. Need to get back on track.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Good morning everyone! I and everyone who had to travel the interstate to Work City was an hour and a half late today. At least this time I was not IN the accident, just delayed by it. It was carpool-mate's turn to drive, so I got more crochet done than expected. I discovered it is not easy to use the state's website for email on a phone. There is no mobile mode, it is exactly like you see on a large screen. It was the devil to find buttons. And when you actually used a button or input some text, the zoom was reset, so it was a continuous zoom-unzoom process. Phones should be phones and computers should be computers. I will accept phone GPS though.

I ended up with a migraine. I am eating out with friends tonight, so that will help. The report I was working on is more difficult than I realized. It combines data from 3 databases. While reports can draw from multiple databases, the only way to "combine" the data is to use lookups, which acts on a geologic time scale. We are having to create another database with the combined data and use that in the report.

Last night, DD17 did final exam stuff and I goofed off. I asked for and got her for the Friday afternoon I have off unexpectedly. (For "seasonal observance", i.e. Good Friday and Passover and probably lots of things I am unaware of. Guess it could also be looking out the window at spring flowers.) The x wanted her back for the evening, but she wanted to go to church with me. He grudgingly accepted that. He had no plans that evening, he just has a history of wanting all his people around "in case he decides to do something". I lost a lot of weekends that way until I wised up and started making my own plans.

The xBFF is having her Easter party Saturday, so I will collect DD there. Strangely enough, it is always an Easter party, despite the fact that she no longer identifies with the church and considers herself more pagan or Wiccan. (I don't know either well enough to say which, I assume it is one or the other, I just don't know which one). After her last party, she asked me to never mention her parties to my friend N again. However, N asked me to tell xBFF she cannot come! Apparently, despite being persona non grata, N is still on the invitation list! Easy to happen if you are on multiple of xBFF's lists; I receive 3 invitations to every event. I will need to tell xBFF I did NOT say anything and she needs to check her lists if the invitation was unintentional. We have a mutual friend who has been turning down evening events due to her husband's "dementia". They both will be there because the apparent dementia has improved (and may be non-existent) with a change in medication.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:23 pm

8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: d harriet :D

hi d elizabeth, hi d dee, hi d lady, hi d lucy, hi d nancy
hi d kathryn, hi d harmony

having a bit of lunch
I missed last weeks zone work but was determined to get to one thing.
it took me 1-1/2 hours to do the kitchen windows. oh my goodness. I have to call someone to replace some things on the windows.
(so I only got one thing on my zone list done).
after lunch I will do the microwave.

waving to you all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:49 pm

What a busy place today! I thought I checked after I started my thread to see if anyone else was first, and when I wrote my second post, I saw that bw2 had posted after I did. Then when I looked again Dee was between me and bw2, so I was a little perplexed. (Although, the way my mind has been working, I assumed I was just missing something again.)

I got body work/massage and hopefully my hips/glutes will be better now. Also had some tight places in my shoulders and back worked out. Quick trip through grocery because I needed a couple of other things for tonight. Remembered too that I will need fresh veggies on Saturday for roasting for the seder so I'll have to go back on Fri or Saturday.

Afterwards I walked through a Tuesday Morning here and got a couple of stamping/crafting things and cocktail napkins. It was fun to see all the pretty things! I'm probably going to suggest that we take out two of our foundation plants that haven't done well, and replace them with a round ground planter there. They are on the end anyway, and the azaleas next to these have grown and are spreading and help fill the space also. Our soil is awful here - they buried a lot of construction debris and there are a lot of rocks and it was all packed down pretty hard.

I am feeling something similar to energy this morning.
I'm glad Kathryn is feeling something similar to energy!

I need to do some planning for today and the rest of the week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”