Wednesday Works PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday Works PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:13 am

Two threads were started this morning, by Dee and Twins so I merged the two, putting Dee's post into Twin's post. The title for today's thread shifted around for a bit (so if you saw that before your caffeine this morning, it wasn't your brain playing tricks on you!) I think everything is stable now.... Kathryn

What work do you do today? Do you keep a BWP like bw2 does, or do you keep a card file going so you always know what's happening, like LadyM, or do you just wing it?

What works for you today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Wednesday Works PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:15 am

a wonderful morning to you sweet twins! I hope you have a great day! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

WEDNESDAY "WON" THING AT A TIME

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:16 am

Can you 'won' on at least just one thing today? I've already had a 'won' this morning after cleaning out a couple of containers in our bedroom. Tried to stay in bed but the arthritis in my toes was acting up way too much to lie in bed. Even now they're bothering me so hopefully it'll get better the more I move around. If it's any indication I'm already at 1,900 steps since midnight. :? At least maybe I'll be able to hit my 10k today at this rate.

Sunny out today. Think it's supposed to be 'stormy' again on Friday but surely nothing like many north of us and into Canada probably have. Know dh said there was ice on our deck yesterday morning. All the while I'm thinking: "Be careful, be careful!" He did ask me a question last night about his appointment tomorrow with his gastroenterologist. I had it down as 10:40am forever. He thought when he got a robo call regarding said appointment that they said 8 something. So I looked at my calendar -10:40. But then remembered he'd had an email for "My Chart" so I went in and looked at it -appointment for 8:45. Have no idea when or how that changed. Perhaps they changed it last fall or perhaps he gave me the wrong time. Who knows -but at least now he'll make it on time hopefully. Today he has an appointment with our financial advisor to go over our portfolio.

Thinking about making spaghetti for dinner. Haven't done it all winter. Know dsonil has asked for it a few times. Have to be sure I have all the ingredients first.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 am

Wednesday has been my traditional errand day. When I worked part time, I was off on Wednesday so it was the logical day to get stuff done out of the house, i.e. the "hunting and gathering." And I do recall P&P's advice not to let others send you all over town "like a ping pong ball" or something similar, so errands were usually grouped all in one day, no capacity for rush trips! So today I have body work, a trip to the grocery afterward (next door from body work) and then home to take care of home things for a pair of dinner guests tonight.

At least this is the last dinner guest round this week, and we are out the rest of the week in the evenings until Sunday night. I won't want to talk to anyone by then! We have a show tomorrow night with dinner out first, a "first night" of passover dinner out on Friday night (in lieu of going to the temple seder which is crowded and wild with competing cooks and directors. (Instead of keeping it simple, the directors plan a THEME each year and decorate like crazy and make everyone crazy.) On Saturday night is the second night seder which is twenty so friends and still large, but traditional for us.

Looking ahead, we have another super busy weekend beginning next Thursday.

I got up around 7ish, have done most of a.m. routine except for s2s, breakfast, walking dog, and finishing up laundry and kitchen. I've folded two small loads of laundry and am moving another over to dryer, to start a last washer round. I need to be out of here in 1.5 hours...

I have my work laid out for the day.

Thank you bw2! Good day to you as well!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:01 am

Learned more about the phpBB software today. Not that I'll remember! (I merged the threads backwards so ended up with a mis-matched title and while I was trying to consciously fix it, I accidentally triggered the action that fixed the title so when I finally knew how to fix it, it was already fixed.)

Dee: save that Wednesday title for another day, it is a good one.

I am feeling something similar to energy this morning. Still coughing and blowing, still feeling pressure in my head but my attitude is brighter and I have the drive to want to do things as opposed to push myself to do things.

There's no visible difference here since all I've done are the morning routine, except I did tidy the front hall and take a look at the treasurer's stuff for the residents' group. I have all that back now since the treasurer resigned. She'll continue to sign cheques though because we need 2 signatures and #3 signature is mostly away from this weekend until October. We also have to all go to the bank at the same time to add on someone new, so even if we had someone else, we can't add them.

I've also tidied up my desk and the data entry I'm doing now.

My tea is done so I'll likely go get dressed now.

Dd wrote last night that dgs was going around saying "Nana and Buppa missed you" yesterday. Both of us had said to him how much we missed him and he obviously doesn't yet know the verb missed and how to use it properly!

I'm hoping my energy will hold up and I can go take him out for a few hours today. Apparently, he's not getting enough physical activity with both parents so ill so he isn't napping or sleeping well because he isn't tired. It is cold but sunny today so we can go for a walk and explore what Spring looks like.

Dd does scientific talk with him and they observe, question and form hypotheses and then test the hypotheses. So when the snow came and the grass was covered, dd asked him where the grass was. He decided we had turned away from it (because when the sun goes away at night it is because the earth has turned away from it.) They then dug under the snow to see the grass was covered but still there.

His hypotheses for what snow is made up of was then grass and when the snow melted there would be grass. Yes, that's what we observe but the snow isn't made up of 'white grass.' So they brought some in and let it melt to see it was made of water.

So I think with the snow mostly gone, he would do well to explore the area a bit and we can discuss what we see. Plus I will teach him the proper use of the word 'missed'.

MF just wrote asking for me to cover for him June 30. That's the day dh gets home from Africa but he says it is OK if I'm not there to pick him up from the airport.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:06 am

Good Morning! My day is off to a good start. DD here at 7am to get DGD7 ready for school. DS10 is almost ready for school. I love that he is learning to be self-managed in getting up and ready. #LifeLessons

Our weather people are using every method to get the message out about the storm expected this afternoon/evening. Hail seems to be the biggest threat. Our area is marked to get tennis ball size hail. There is no way to protect from hail damage that size (if it happens). It will break & destroy everything it hits. I'm hoping the weather people are wrong.

I am going to call the chiropractor for another adjustment. I am hoping the pain in my left side are ribs out of place. I return to family doctor on Friday and I want to see if the chiropractor can solve the problem first.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:19 am

Will do, Kathryn. Thanks for 'fixing' it. Had no idea anyone else was even 'on' when I started typing. Think Twins was here by the time I actually finished & had posted. I usually check again after I think I've put up the first post.

Got my council minutes finished (after finding the Trustees report imbedded in a different email last night). Sent it off to various members to check before I send it off for printing. At least I have a few weeks. And the best part is it'll be off my mind. Have enough other things going on for the next few weeks. Completely forgot that DD has Friday off this week so we've made plans for the day. She wants to go pick blueberries down the main road first thing in the morning. Then we're planning to go to dbil/dsisil's, pick up her 2 air mattresses & visit for a bit. Dbil wants to show DD how to get into their safe -it is well hidden for sure & I knew at one time but no longer remember how it all works. He was at urgent care on the 7th for several hours & was very shaky. It really hit him at that point that he needed to let someone know how/where to get their stuff. DBil is 85 I believe. Dsisil is actually my age so several years younger, but definitely in poorer health. Her dementia is showing big time at this point & she's just about skin & bones.

Off to gather spaghetti ingredients. I just discovered that we have NO butter left in the house. We're usually several ahead in the freezer. Will text dd first that we need some. EDITING: Well, scratch the spaghetti. DD called with a different dinner plan. At first she said we'd make shrimp (low country boil) packets. But then changed to fish fillets which are in the freezer. She'll get potatoes & the kielbasa so we can do shrimp packets Sunday for our Easter dinner. Much nicer plan. I'll plan spaghetti for some other night.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:20 am

Evidently I'm 'working' toward cleaning/organizing several spots. I had been looking for a specific knee brace (sure that I hadn't put it in our dresser -that's definitely not where it belongs) and lo' and behold when I cleaned out/organized the top dresser drawer there sat the knee brace. I was all ready to order a new one & kept putting it off, sure that I'd used it down here this winter. Needed it the other day & finally used an older one that just kept slipping down. I'm good now. That drawer now looks so good, it's spurring me on to the other 2. I really need to l&&t what's in those 2 so I don't bring duplicates down next winter for dh (namely shorts). I also went through all the braces I have and put just a few aside to take north. The need seems to move around from time to time and has for years and years. So I try to have ankle/knee/elbow braces at the ready.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am

I filled over 100 plastic eggs for the kids' hunt. I put quarters in the eggs instead of candy.

DBro dropped by with 2 WM bags of fresh asparagus from his garden. I picked DMom's asparagus yesterday so I have an abundance of it. I'll clean and eat some of it and then freeze the rest.

it is so fun to see DBro doing well after recovering from the Stage 4 cancer treatment. He is enjoying life to its fullest every day. He bought a new horse trailer that has a living area in front. He has decided to participate in several trail rides this year. He will haul his 2 favorite horses and camp out. This is in addition to the 4 big week-long rodeos he has already made travel arraignments to attend. He has a few hundred head of cattle on his land again (he sold his cattle when he started cancer treatment) and he takes care of them. Life has returned to a normal that he thought would never be. #MiraclesHappen
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:50 am

a two for one... how awesome is that!!! thank you d twins and d dee!

hi d dee, d twins, d kathryn, d lady, and d everyone.

I am not staying on bc my brain is a little struggling - a focus thing today.
When I struggle moving forward in my day I get a bit cranky so I saving you all from me today 8-) :D :D :D
I have a lot of I don't wanna's but have to's so that I can take my free time and run with it.

today zone day planned.

hello to all of you from ms. Cranky pants 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”