Wednesday Works PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Wednesday Works PWYC

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:00 pm

I have been working at winning this morning.
Got the table cleared off and changed the table cloth. Dining room is my focus. I tool plant light down stairs. I have not been using it.
Working on my planting planner. Moved some paperwork to my office. A few things are going to the planting shed and are on the deck
to go out when I do my afternoon outside stuff.

Waving to all. We have sun trying to break through the clouds.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:06 pm

I'm still sitting here. I do need to get moving. Plan is to start at :15 after the hour and work for 45 min to TOTH. Planning the rest of the day is the first thing to do then.

I need to do room by room straighten and spiffing up. At 3:30ish I need to start challah, and I'll print the recipe and check things off as I add them.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:18 pm

I put almost 8 lbs of boneless sirloin pork chops in the Instant Pot and it came out sooo tasty and tender.

We had a loud clap of thunder and the 3 dogs hit the door together as they all came inside. The radar still shows nothing. Strange weather. Thunder without rain.

I made an appointment with Chiropractor for 4:15 tomorrow. We are going to the big city tomorrow but have to be back to get DGD7 from school at 3:45 so that appointment time should be a win in the game of Tetris scheduling.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi everyone.

I went to a knitting group this morning. I also ran the Roomba AND washed all the floors before I left. Went and ran all of my absolutely local errands in B-Ville. I will do the Grimsby errands tomorrow. The grocery store was almost empty as was the bank although the parking lots for both were crammed full. Both share parking lots with numerous other professional offices and small stores.

Came home and put away the very few groceries that I picked up.

We are having eggs for supper.

Between now and supper I have a veritable mountain of pots and pans to do. Dh decided to make cookies at 9 o'clock last night.

I have a very sore throat this afternoon.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Dh decided to make cookies at 9 o'clock last night

What kind did he make?

I have shared here before about DH's groupies. There are about a dozen or so ladies that will track DH down at every event and I've seen them stand in line to get a hug from DH. One of the little old sweet ladies bakes cookies for DH every week. This week she brought a decorated sack of freshly baked peanut butter cookies to DH. He absolutely hates peanut butter but he doesn't tell her because it gives her joy to do it.

I need to borrow some of Kathryn's energy.

Once the storms start then I get energized. Waiting for them is energy draining. IMHO
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:09 pm

in the game of Tetris scheduling
I know that game!

Forty five minutes of good work and a few rooms done. Not as much as I'd like maybe, but I'm getting there. I folded a load of laundry and put away also, and s/s the powder room and cleaned my rings and earrings and a few other things. Next round I need to make the marinade for the lamp chops and get them started, and get the challah underway in the breadmaker. Checklist for ingredients: Check!

I'm trying not to get irritated at the yard people. The yard was mowed when I got home at least 1.5 hours ago. A little less than an hour ago the guy came around with the weed eater. They still haven't used the blower to get the grass off the sidewalk and porches. I need to dust on the porches but I don't want to do that until they are done. :roll: The truck is still up the street but I'm not hearing a blower...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:09 pm

hi d cathy, hi d lady, hi d nancy, hi d twins and hi dear everyone

feeling extra cranky 8-) as the I don't wanna finish is hitting hard. I am not tired, but just have a large bit of the I don't want to do anything! 8-)

other: took down old wasp nests outside.

left over from home blessing: wiped all glass that had prints - done

kitchen zone from last week: microwave cleaned.

bathroom zone done.
washed the woodwork well in dh's bathroom, moved the small chest in there and vacuumed under neath.
hand washed the floor in there. (much needed).
the toilet and sink got a good cleaning. sweet dh said he cleaned the toilet already - he definitely can't see but he did swish a bit. :D always appreciated.
sinks are cleaned in all the bathrooms, floors swiped and other toilets done.
swiped windows surface

pushing to next month's bathroom zone: wash the doors and trim well in dh's bathroom (I just swiped it)
on my list next month: clean all the tile, glass shower doors, and bottoms of showers really well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:12 pm

I don't have my energy drained waiting for a storm but it is all fuzzy and I cannot focus. I do better just pacing back and forth or sitting outside watching the storm roll down the river toward me.

I had to laugh at the visual of all three dogs. I pictured them jammed in the doorway, wiggling, each trying to be the first through.

I've got some vacuuming done. That's it. But dh just left for a meeting with the medical courier group. This is a volunteer job is with an organization whose acronym is only slightly different than his volunteer tech work. Recently he created a google calendar for the volunteer telecons and told me about it. By making them a different colour, I was to be able to, at a glance, tell which conference calls were unmissable and which I might be able to get him to give up.

Well he added the medical courier stuff to the same calendar (thinking volunteer) and so I thought he had a conference call today at 4 but in fact, the meeting was moved since Monday when I filled in my paper calendar and it was not a conference call but a meeting across town. I've asked him to move IRL meetings off that calendar and onto our family calendar since this one affected my car availability. I didn't need the car after-all but when I was planning out my day, I thought dh was stuck on the phone all day so I was free to go where I wanted. Not so.

Anyway, there was an additional conference call that just popped up and I vacuumed into the office not realizing dh was on a call. So I still have the office and our bedroom to do. Opposite ends of the apartment. Then I'll wash the floors. While I'm working I'm going to open every window and door since I feel like this apartment is full of stale air.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm

do you get affected by the barometer d kathryn?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:50 pm

before my fanny gets stuck on my chair I want to work until 3:30 pm
ta ta

Return to “Post When You Can”