Wednesday Works PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Wednesday Works PWYC

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:20 pm

There were 2 packs of that pre made refridgerated cookie dough in our fridge and as dh said... "They have been in there for 6 months!" I bought them just before Christmas and the best before wasn't until the end of April, so not 6 months, but getting close to the best before date... One package was chocolate chip and the other package was oatmeal chocolate chip. He cut each pack into 9 cookies. They were so thick. They are almost all gone. I have had 3. This is why I don't bake as often as I would like to, because when his sweet tooth wakes up, it really wakes up!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Skippable vent ahead. aaaaaagh. The marinade took too long to make: chopping garlic, and rosemary and zesting a lemon. And then I realized dh had bought 6 lbs of lamb chops for four people so I needed to call him to find out how much he wanted to use tonight. And he picked up on the wrong phone call and got tied up on the phone, and I got frustrated because he couldn't answer a quick question. Then dd called while I was talking to him and she wanted to vent. In the set up for the seder on Friday night, the office mgr had the people remove all the tables from her classrooms. So she had no place to hold Hebrew school this afternoon - apparently they do it on a computer now, individually? So she was upset and crying. Then I was crying too, my phone wouldn't cooperate and I accidentally dialed someone else while trying to listen to her and she got all passive aggressive with me. So I had a good cry after I was done with her. Vent over....

When I was younger I could juggle projects and entertaining and stuff didn't get to me. Now, I just fall apart and vow never to have anyone over again because I get stressed. So I wonder how much stress had to do with my mouth hurting so much on Sunday night? Of course, biting into something cold was a trigger too...

So I need to get back on track. I've had a short break to vent here and I'll start up again in two minutes with a timer to :15 after the hour.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm

((((Twins)))) Vent away! I think it is a healthy way to deal when overwhelmed.

The weather can't make up its mind what it is going to do. Now it is over 80 degree and bright sunshine. I had to uncover all the plants before they baked. At least I have a plan now so I can quickly cover things back up if the hail storm happens.

DGD7 is going to stay with DD tonight. Then DGD7 will be back here for the next 4 days/nights.

I started carrying in the plant cages from the shop to the pool area where most of my plant containers are located. DH and DS10 jumped in and joined my effort when they saw what I was doing. Between us we carried in 11 cages. I only lasted about 30 minutes before I was looking for a break and told them that was enough for now. Decisions decisions. How to organize everything? Separating the sun-loving and shade-loving plants are easy. But then what? Group by method and type of growing media? Group by type of plant? Since I am doing so much experimenting this year I am leaning toward grouping by type of plant so I can easily compare the methods. I think I want all the tomato plants together so I can visually compare side-by-side the different methods of growing. Ditto on pepper, cucumber, squash, etc.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:10 pm

its good to vent!!! You needed to cry! I am so sorry this afternoon was rough d twins.
may it get better!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:55 pm

I have mixed up meat loaf it is in loaf pans read to go in the oven. Got the dishwasher loaded.
Then I went out and did some more planting sunflowers and most of the bush bean s are in now yea! A few more to plant of the bush beans, then the flower seeds will be next.
A couple more rocks are painted and ready to hide.
The sun came out. Dgd will be here shortly. She came and left.
I followed so I could see where they lived. A really cute apt. With a view of the river.
Meatloaf was a hit and I have an extra one to freeze.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:04 pm

I have one last morning routine to finish.
and then I AM DONE! I don't want to do any more. 8-) ;) :D
I pushed the rest of my zone work to next month.
But I made it through the cranky's and stayed focused (even thought I disliked the whole process) ;) 8-)

off to make a simple dinner..
much love to you - I may sit in one place and not move the rest of the night!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 pm

I have taken DS10 to/from children church. He came home with about 100 pieces of candy from the egg hunt. I don't understand how we have reached a point where almost every holiday is filled with sugar. I'm not against sugar but the sheer volume of it. This is only the first of several egg hunts. DGD7 has egg hunt tomorrow at school. Then they both have a big 4H egg hunt on Saturday and another egg hunt at church on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if we have over 600 pieces of candy brought into the house by the end of the weekend. That's crazy. IMHO.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:07 pm

Blessed: yes, the barometer affects me. I remember before we moved to the village, I'd go outside and pace the driveway and my neighbour (who shared the driveway) would come out and pace with me. We both were agitated by the coming storm.

I suspect this is part of the lizard brain that hasn't quite evolved out of all people yet. People like LadyM need to have that sense because for them storms are a present danger, far greater than a thunder storm usually is for me. Obviously, my lizard brain wasn't properly tuned since I sat on the balcony and filmed the storm with the tornadoes as it blew past last fall!

In normal times, the agitation is a partial benefit since, if I'm not at home, my body tells me to start seeking shelter and the additional energy means I can make it home faster if I'm out walking.

I got the vacuuming finished and mopped the floors. I'm soaking the mop to get it clean. We had dinner and then I cleaned up the kitchen including the weekly chores. So the only weekly task not done is the dusting.

My broker wrote in the late afternoon with the answer to my question. Apparently it was a complex merger from a tax point of view and they ended up putting the majority, but not all, the capital gains on a T3 form (Money received from a trust, which this was/is) and also issued a capital gains record for the remaining amount, and calculating the loss, on another form. The T3 had to be amended so it was one of the last ones I received (this month.) I did look the summary sheets last night but failed to see that this was covered because I was looking for the specific amount of money and they split it into two amounts.

So I have all the answers I need to progress on the data entry as well as with my taxes. And if I had not known about this situation and just entered everything using the information I was sent, all would have been fine (which makes me feel better about last year when I didn't double check their work.)

I guess I'm ready for bed now. I should have spent part of the evening working, but chose to listen to a podcast instead.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:03 pm

EEEK! How about Wednesday WAKE-UP CALL for me??? :shock:
* sheesh * Bug lady called and asked if she could come tomorrow. Well, of course she CAN, but ugh... I wish I had time to vacuum the house before she gets here, and that is not going to be possible, I fear. I have to go to a second teacher meeting tomorrow morning and she will be here at 1:00 -- dh will either be sleeping or watching baseball before she gets here (Braves play early game) so... * sheesh *
And THIS is the reason we are supposed to follow our routines, right? * sheesh *

At any rate, bug lady is such a sweet, kind person and we consider her a dfriend at this point. She has probably seen the house in worse shape than it is right now. The biggest problem is that dgs has been playing with two Nerf balls that are shedding, and his tendency to pick at things just makes that worse. So, there you go.

I am getting all the bathrooms s/s tonight though, and picked up a lot of surface clutter in the "baby" room. I can sweep the kitchen and make a difference there, and might be able to vacuum the master bedroom and bath tonight too.

Dmom's appt went well enough, I guess. They gave her another cortisone shot and scheduled her for some physical therapy (here in our town.) Said if this doesn't help, they would want to do an MRI, and possibly go in and "scope it out" (is that the right term?) The doctor does NOT believe her shoulder is slipping out of joint, and I could tell from the look she gave him that she SERIOUSLY wanted to disagree with that point, but he said certain things could cause the pain and the feeling that one's shoulder was "stuck" out of place, without the joint actually dislocating. To my way of thinking, this is much better, and the fact that the doctor wants to try PT first is a good sign.

Dmom and I get along very well, but the idea of having to be with her to help out 24 hrs at a time is very anxiety-provoking to me -- partly b/c of my fear of the nitty-gritty of care-taking duties, partly b/c of my fear of getting dh out of HIS routine (and his routine and anxiety level have truly been prime concerns lately too, as he has not felt well and his bp is so high.)
Also dmom bemoans the fact that we (dh & I) are not "beach people" as she very much wants to go to the beach this summer. I do hope she can arrange some way to go with my daunt...
I told her we would be going to Branson in May with ddil and the dgrands (meeting ds there) and she said, "Can I go?" She always says this in a way that I'm not POSITIVE if she wants to actually make the trip or is she is just wishful thinking. I told her she could, but I admitted to her that it makes me somewhat nervous to travel with her and dh, though not as much as it did when ddad was involved.
She said "Oh, (dh) does not bother me at all! I would be just fine with him." (She was thinking about how his driving habits made ddad have such fits... I stopped short of telling her that I was also very concerned about HER bothering HIM! :roll: :oops: :cry: )
I said, "Well, dh does have his peculiarities and he wants to do things his way and stop when he wants to stop and leave when he wants to leave. I always worry that your back will hurt or you'll need to stop more than he planned on and all that stuff... and we'll have ddil and the dgrands in the backseat fussing... and of course, we will be driving from the time school is out till about midnight both ways..." I also told her if ddil didn't like our ways, that was ds's responsibility, so I worried more about her being comfortable than I did ddil.
* sigh *
Actually, dh says we'll be WAAAY past midnight getting home, but dh said, "Sure, if she wants to go at our pace, tell her to come on."

I'm terrible, aren't I? :oops: More * sheesh * I certainly did everything I could to discourage her from ever wanting to go anywhere with us, I guess. But my goodness, a 10-hr drive each way is NOT a good idea for someone with back problems and bladder issues, is it?

RE: Wednesday WORKS, besides getting dmom to the doctor and back, I also spent some time with dfriend-in-bankruptcy, and along with being interrupted by her, I did some work on the top drawer of the nightstand. Discarded a few items and separated some items that need word,
This is where my old cardfile stayed, and my old 3x5 address cards were still in there. Quite a few of them could be tossed/recycled for note paper, b/c the people are no longer living! Some need corrections, so I pulled those. There were also a lot of magazine clippings, etc, that I will have to look through and a couple of paperback books re: anxiety disorder, which I am considering whether to keep or not to keep. Kinda embarrassing, and I can't remember when I actually looked at these books... perhaps looking at them will cause a new flare-up of anxiety? OTOH -- who knows? LIFE may cause a flare-up and it might be good to keep them as a reference.

DDIL is going to have a field day of ROFLOL moments anyway when I die... soooo many self-help books around here... anxiety, spiritual issues, housekeeping, organizing... oh my, the desire to self-improve has been a lifelong habit of mine.

LadyM, the candy thing is amazing, isn't it? I don't know about school events for dgs, but I believe they will only be attending one Easter egg hunt -- dmom invited them to her church event this Saturday morning, and ddil says they want to go. I'll join them, and dmom said she would meet us there. Our own church is taking part in the community hunt, which is sponsored by two other large churches, along with our own, and ddil just doesn't want to deal with the huge crowd that always results from events involving these two. (Bicycles are being given away to prize winners in each age level there.) Even with just our own church, dgs can get a little overwhelmed by the "big kids" and dmom's church will be (we think) a smaller gathering.

Lizard brain... that is interesting, Kathryn. I had never realized that the sinus headache when the barometer drops could be a built-in warning to watch the weather! (((HUGS))) -- hope you feel better soon! And WTG on all your cleaning despite of feeling bad!

WTG to you, blessed, on getting stuff done and pushing past the crankies... ;) I should have followed your example, starting Monday, actually!

Dmom was talking about meatloaf today, too, Nancy.
I like my dmom's meatloaf, but mmmm... Cathy's cookies sound even better! ;)

(((Twins))) YES... sometimes a good vent is all we need. And we certainly all need it at times. (At least most of us do... thre are some who seem to keep everything inside and never let on that stuff is bothering them, but I don't see how they do that.)

LadyM, I am fascinated with your gardening experiments. I am the least-likely to grow something EVER... but it is amazing to me how you have all these different processes going. I'm interested to see what turns out to be the best method(s).

Waving to ALL!!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”