throwback homemaking Thursday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: throwback homemaking Thursday pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:26 pm

ok I am done on the house for the week - morning routine is done.

This weekend:
I may work on the garden, this weekend, if the weather is good.
I have to make a fruit salad for Sunday.
and I have simple enjoyable errands to run tomorrow.

I should do paperwork but I shall see if I feel like it later today. still pray and drizzly and should go down to 40 degrees later. Better than snow!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Blessed, I'm not sure if I caught (if you said) how you made out Tuesday with the heart echo?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Home from the field trip in the big city. I asked DS10 on the way home what he thought about today and his response was "It was awesome!". That's good 'nuf for me.

We arrived home 30 minutes before picking up DGD7 from school so I'm taking a break.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi!

I was in here earlier CUOP and just about to compose my own post when dh called and asked if I wanted to go look for dirt with him.

We found some at Canadian Tire for 99 cents per 20 Litre bag. We got 20 bags. That was only enough to top up 3 of our garden boxes. We will go back either tonight or on Saturday and get 20 more. Maybe 30.

Dh has a haircut at the only large mall in the entire Niagara region tonight. It's still less than 1/4 of the size of some of the malls I used to go to in Toronto and Mississauga, but it's okay. It has a Yankee Candle and a book store.

We are going to a Thai place after the hair cut.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:29 pm

Cathy: Superstore had dirt for the same price last weekend (.88 for PC Optimum members.)

I'm home and the groceries are put away. I also started the dishwasher.

I'm having tea and some dates right now. Have sent a note to S saying I'm home (she has some clothes to pass along to dgdJ0.)

Costco was very crowded but I had a list and got everything I needed plus a gift for the GF's birthday in fairly short order. I was in dd's end of the city but didn't stop to see them because it was nap time. I on the highway to come home at 2:55 and it was immediately stop & go. People left work early because of the long weekend.

Stores will be closed for tomorrow so I picked up some soda once back to my neighbourhood. I was going to suggest a walk to dh before the rain comes but it started when I was unpacking the groceries.

We are under a rainfall warning and flood warning. It should peak on Saturday, but expect a surge tomorrow as well. I had wanted to walk over to island but we'll have to just watch it from here. At this point, the water is well below the seawall. They say the flooding will be worse than 2 years ago. That's the year we went and filled sandbags for the people in the subdivision next to us as the water rose and rose and so many of them were flooded.

It is warm out so the apartment is hot and I've opened the north patio doors now. I was surprised to find all the windows east and west already open. It is to get colder tomorrow afternoon so we'll leave them open until at least then.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:05 pm

S has been by with the gift for dgd so now we can leave the apartment once more. They will be spending the weekend childproofing because A has become very interested in being mobile!

I forgot an anecdote from the Costco parking lot.

All day I had been wondering about doing a car wash today. The car is barely dirty and with the heavy rain any dust will be rinsed off so was it worth the time? I decided no. Walking back to the car with my load from Costco, I looked more closely at the car and it was dirtier than I recalled. Pretty good, nothing the heavy rain wouldn't solve, but still, it wasn't near as clean as I had thought. As I reached to open the back, I pulled my hand back because I remembered the tires were there and I needed to open the back door to put stuff there.

That's when I caught sight of the dealer sticker. We don't have a dealer sticker on our car! I looked up and right next to this car was my identical but much cleaner car. I had been thinking so hard about the car wash I hadn't looked up to see I was looking at the wrong car!

Thankfully, I didn't try to open the back. I could have spent a while trying to do so!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:44 pm

Back from returning shoes, getting petunias, and pens wednt to the library used book sale got 5 non were fiction.
Got the bush beans all planted yea!.
Next rest of poke beans and flowers.
Boiled eggs up for dd & dgd to color at egg dying party tomorrow.
Got a call dgd needed picked up bc her dad forgot to make arrangements.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Kathryn, I have walked up to another car and clicked the key fob to make it open and it wouldn't open. Or tried the handle with the key fob in my hand and it didn't open. Probably more than once, in fact.

We will eat leftovers at home tonight before going to see Spamalot.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:29 pm

The chiropractor said my muscles were super tight and she thought I had some ribs out of place. She worked on them using several methods. They still hurt when I take a deep breathe so I don't think the adjustment helped. I have appt with PA tomorrow. Maybe she will have a suggestion.

Our state just raised the speed limit to 80mph so we match several states in this part of the country. So I guess that means traffic will flow at 85mph now. As long as everyone goes at the same speed it seems to work the best.

DGD7 rated her day at 100% good. I am relieved that DGD7 time at DD/boyfriend house went well last night.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:08 pm

I learned in North Dakota my car doesn't like to go 85. It isn't too happy at 80 either so we settled in at 75 and let everyone pass me. I just traveled steady (cruise control), I always drive with my lights on so my tail-lights were visible and people could simply move over and pass since it was a freeway and not many cars up there. At the higher speeds, the car simply didn't feel safe on the road. I'm guessing there's not enough weight to keep it steady, especially when there's a wind of any strength.

I'm back from an unexpected walk.

All winter we've had what local weather people have started calling a 'snow shield' over the city. You can see major snow storms coming towards us and then, on the outskirts of the city, the storm splits and circles around the city, leaving the city with a lower snowfall than surrounding areas. It has become a joke with people posting "Shields UP!" as storms approach and pictures of the radar showing no snow over the city.

Tonight, someone posted "The snow shields apparently work for rain as well!" with a picture of the radar. All day they had called for rain this afternoon and I was thrilled to get home before it hit (since I forgot a hat today.) Then the rain started as I unloaded groceries and I never looked out again.

Apparently, it stopped and since the shields were holding, I suggested we go for a walk. Dh remembered something he needed from the store and I picked up some other things too including bread for him. So it was a successful walk and I'm now over 8500 steps for the day which makes up for the 3000 yesterday.

Now I'm going to clean up the dinner dishes. I never did get back to my work today so it will all be moved over to tomorrow. Sigh...

Return to “Post When You Can”