Good Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Good Friday PWYC

Postby Lynlee » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:36 pm

cuop
I'm up late.
Intermittent sunshine, showers and downpours here

Not much action to report

Wishing everyone well

Waviong back to Harriet.

ps - It was snowing in SE WA today. The one in this continent.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:32 pm

Lynlee - It's good to see your CI! You have been missed.

I successfully removed all the leaves in the swimming pool in only 4 net fulls. That took about 15 minutes or so. Then my reward (playing with plants) took me about 2 hours. Hum....I might need to work on that division of work/play time.

DS10 is picking up tree limbs in the yard and piling them into a wagon. Then he is pulling the wagon over to the big trailer and transferring them. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It is a huge project. I seriously doubt if he will finish today. He is eager for the $$ so he is trying his best.

DGD7 is cleaning up one of the dining room tables that is covered with her papers, material, markers, scissors, tape, etc etc etc. Being creative can get quite messy.

DH has spent about 3 hours weedeating the yard and he isn't done yet. He ran out of string so came in to take a break. DH said a snake attacked the weedeater. That puts this year snake-in-the-yard count at 2.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:47 pm

I have had lunch. Clean sheets are back on the bed.
Rain & flood warnings are up for the afternoon in our county and neighboring county as well.
I have a smaller piece of indoor outdoor carpeting I will try instead of the other I was using for the laundry room.
Dd was going to be by at ten she was a no show. Sigh.

H. Is home now.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Lying down now for a quiet time with dgsM2. Dd had a rough night so I went over, we had lunch and then I took him to the museum to tire him out. He's tired but stayed awake in the car so now he's on his bed next to mine, chattering away. He has a pile of toys but is just lying there, talking to himself.

I'll at least close my eyes.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Twins' Mom, I thought of a few responses but they just don't cover it. Thinking of ((you and dd)).

blessed, your post made me think of the phrase, "growing pains".

Harmony, what a good deed you and Mr. Harmony could do for that man.

Our Thursday evening service was good. A little boy I admire for his empathy and vivaciousness, sat in front of me, and was fidgety. (We were all fidgety. He was just the only one present who could put it into body movements without guilt, lol.) He almost stopped fidgeting and listened somewhat when part of the readings were done by a man who used to be a school teacher, and reads with such interesting "let me tell you a story" type of inflection. I went to J and told him that he almost kept R's attention, which we both know is quite a feat.

We are under a storm watch here that we've been hearing is a very big deal. Weather folks are saying we've had nothing like this in years. It's hit or miss, though. So far we've been the ones who are eerily missed.

Dstepson is home for several weeks. He's very subdued, but says he'll feel more himself after he rests at home a while. He and dd20 have made a plan together to take dstepdil and the young man to a car show tomorrow. Dstepdil has been saying she'd like to go (antiques, art, and memorabilia of her favorite muscle cars are the attractions for her).

The young man designed and printed one of the walls of photography and historic time-line info that are large art murals for the car show's interior space. Dd hopes to get a better photo of him beside it than the one he has.

With two of the children oddly around the house today, it's been a different sort of day. The oppressive, threatening weather adds to that.

The last report is sent as of this a.m. - that's off my mind.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi.

We are both having a touchy/moody day here. Dh went to have a nap. I decided to join him because I was cold. He got up a while later and went to a friend's place. I got up after he left and here I am.

Has anyone been following the trial of the Turpin's from California? They are the couple that chained up their 12 oldest children. They were both sentenced to 25 years to life today. The only child that they never chained was still a babe in arms when the parents were arrested just over a year ago. Very sad.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Have my laptop unplugged from the power source. It's thundering & lightening pretty intensely right now. Power went off very briefly about 20 minutes ago. Asked dd if we had flashlights/candles readily available. I found 2 small ones -I know dh had more here somewhere! Had to put new AAA batteries in one but I now have at least 2 working ones. Gets eerily dark in here after nightfall when there's no electric. We've had dinner cooking in a crock pot since around 1:30 & hopefully it will finish cooking before/if we lose power again. Of course everything else for dinner is also being done by electric so here's hoping. Know there's tornado warnings/watches about so we have a TV channel running in the background in case any alerts come across. I need to reset my phone to Skytower so I can get alerts if need be. Thinking of Sunny & Harmony today. It's been pouring here.

Dsonil called this morning to ask dd to bring a Dremel tool to work for him (what would he have done had she been working as usual today?) We then went to our favorite coffee shop for breakfast in Lakeland -dfriends of dd's for at least 14 years. It was so good -brought home half for my lunch & we bought a piece of C oca C ola cake...yummy! Had the cake & leftovers for lunch.

We stopped by the new (being built/refurbished old bowling alley) ice rink. DD got to talk to the owner & talked about sending him a resume'. When she told him her experience over the years & the fact that the owner of the hockey team she works for had said he'd give her "a glowing recommendation", didn't hurt. She'd like to work there a little in the fall/winter when she's not working a Solar Bears game. Told her to get her resume' in. Sure she'll do it sooner rather than later. It would sure be easy to get to & quick -probably less than 25 minutes. This new ice rink is being sponsored by the De troit Tigers, Tampa Bay Li ghtening, Orlando S olar Bears, etc. Tigers do their spring training just across the road from where we normally eat breakfast.

I'd like to go out & walk but definitely out of the picture for the rest of the day since we're under watches & warnings till 10pm. I did get out for at least a short walk after we got home from dbil/disil's. We went over to see them on the ruse of getting some (wood) biscuits for dsonil. Dbil asked dd once they were out to the garage why he needed biscuits & she said, "He doesn't. Mom said you wanted to show me the where & how's of the safe & I didn't think you wanted me to say so in front of Aunt P". "Thank you!" was his reply. He has a safe so well hidden I doubt anyone would ever find it if they didn't know it's whereabouts. He showed her & asked her to go there immediately if anything happens to the both of them. Think he's realized that the person they've named as executor is really in very poor health. The next in line is our DS-R -but he's up north. And he told her that he hadn't talked to Dsisil's nephew in months & not a real good choice. DD makes immensely good sense. I think DS-R is our executor & DD next -mainly because all of our assets are up north.

Evidently as dnieces were getting ready to take other bil to the airport last Friday he tripped & fell against one of their 4 dining room chairs & broke it badly. Dbil is hoping to be able to fix it, but not sure. It was the first time he'd flown since 1947 -he was in the service at the end of WWII. I was thinking he was too young till I figured out his age at that point -he was about 20. Guess he was one of many who somehow lied about their age & enlisted at 16. Dnieces said he'd been treated like a king on the flight. At least he did do something good in his life & I'm glad he was honored as a WWII vet.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:39 pm

quick hi... cheering you all on.
i have to head to the trumpet place still. all my groceries are put away
I also have to order coffee for Sunday.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Am I right, Twins? Does Passover begin tonight? Wishing you & your family well in this special time on the calendar for you.

Went through 2 'pretty' files that I've just stuck things in over the last several months. What was the first thing I first pulled out you might ask......I came across the 2 prescriptions from my up north Dr. for the nebulizer and supplies. Scripts I looked for weeks on end & finally just called and asked that a new script be sent to W greens down here. I swear I looked in this folder several times. May as well toss them now. They were never more than a few inches from me all winter. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Watching the storms going through the Mid Atlantic states. Hope all stay safe up there.

We had a very noisy bit of weather come through here also. Hard rain on and off and a lot of rolling thunder. Shut everything down for a bit. House got very dark in here. Finally moving on a bit.

I've been sewing all day. Now I have a mess everywhere, dining room table and my guest bedroom where sewing machine sits. Need to clean that up next.

Thanks for thinking about me, LadyM. I saw you ask about me yesterday so this morning I thought I'd better come here lest y'all think I fell off the edge of the earth! Just didn't have a lot to say and I was tired every evening... and out shopping during the day. I've had another thing I've been researching on the I Net so used up my computer time with that.

Blessed, what is a trumpet store? I'm picturing you with a brass horn...♪♪♫♫♪ :lol:

Return to “Post When You Can”