Good Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Good Friday PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Glad you went safely through the storms today, Harmony. Haven't even looked to see what kind of weather dh is having. Knew he said late this morning that he was "digging up a water line". Really? Digging? I don't think he's supposed to be doing that. Grrr….. Know that our campground posted this morning that the time for opening (which was to be next Friday at 9am -the 26th) had been pushed back until Sunday "due to circumstances beyond our control". They're not legally obligated to open until May 1st, but people have of course replied pretty negatively. I know some of the 'circumstances' and they are all valid. One was that the guy dh works with had hernia surgery this week & another was the dcampmanager fell down 12 stairs the end of last week. And another that I know is that they're paving the entrance driveway & I'm sure that's been pushed back because of the weather. Most do not know they are paving -a surprise.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:46 pm

I had a good visit with the PA at doctor office. I really like her because she is very thorough in collecting all the health data and explains it very well. She is ordering a hum....I forgot what she said. LOL An xray, or ultrasound, cat scan or mri. SOMETHING that looks inside where the pain is occurring on my left side and show if there is anything to be concerned about. I told her that I don't want to be a hypochondriac but the facts are I smoked for 25 years (quit 20 years ago) and I've had 2 brothers diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer in the last 5 years. Neither brother had any symptoms and nothing on blood work showed problems before they discovered cancer. So yeah....I would like to check off that there is no tumor or nodule involvement in why this pain won't go away.

>>>SKippable!
DMom called and it wasn't a pleasant phone call. DMom was furious because she called DGS21 this morning and he hadn't called her back. She wanted me to call DGS21 and tell him to call her NOW. I told her that DGS21 is at work and can not take phone calls sometimes. He can't take a personal phone call while he is with clients. I told DMom that I would text DGS21 and ask him to call her when he gets a free moment. I think DMom hung up on me. I called DBro and asked him to check on DMom. I have a difficult time communicating with DMom because she gets so angry when she talks to me. DBro told me that DMom was mad at everyone and about everything. He was going to call her and also go see her. I probably shouldn't have encouraged that either. DMom told me Monday that she was tired of DBro and he hurts her feelings. One thing that I am 10000% absolutely sure of is that DBro treats DMom with utmost respect and kindness.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:11 pm

Dh is driving dgsM2 home now. He stayed for dinner so will go straight to bed when he gets home (I dressed him in clothes that will do for sleeping. He never napped and got a bit boisterous playing so after 40 minutes of 'quiet' time, we got up.

I made cheese biscuits and shaped some like bunnies (my Joy of Cooking had it as an idea.)

We played with stickers for a bit and then it was time to cook dinner.

I burned my foot, spilling boiling water from the carrots in the microwave on it. First I had to get the carrots down safe, then my slipper off and my sock off so the burn is really sore. Thankfully, dgs was in the learning tower so not under the burning water, walking by.

I'll get to work on the kitchen now and then hopefully have the concentration to do some of the work I had meant to do today. I had a good time with dgs but I'm way behind on my stuff now.

Thankfully, I'm not planning to have an Easter Dinner so I don't have a big party planned this weekend.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:45 pm

I've been sewing all day. Now I have a mess everywhere, dining room table and my guest bedroom where sewing machine sits.

Okay. Now you're just bragging. ;)

((LadyM's family)) That sounds tough. Maybe you did right suggesting this to your brother, though. If he can check on her today in a caring way, maybe it would patch up whatever disappointment she had in him before.

Cathy, I think HRH has been avoiding that news story. I find interest in the news story itself, but he says it just makes him wonder about long-term effects of the crime on them all, like claustrophobia, which he himself knows ain't fun.

Ouch, ouch, Kathryn!

Glad to hear from you, Lynlee. The snow in that area seems early.

Weather reports here sounded as if a town (small city?) near dsecondmil was blown away to the land of Oz. HRH called and she was fine, but impressed by all the news around her, too.

Grandma duty - long phone call from WonderBoy, who needed to talk to Grandma about the storms and how it feels to have no electricity in the dark. Some funny (I hope) old stories and memories. They had it worse there than we did in the storms, but they themselves, and house, are fine.

His soccer team won their tournament. So good to talk to him. I asked if having all the flashlights on seemed like an adventure and I heard his Daddy in the background say, "It was an adventure a couple hours ago." lol Thankfully, dd had gotten supper into the boys right before the power went out. Thinking of the other grandmother tonight, because she has a medical treatment at home that depends upon electricity.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:56 pm

DDIL called with the information for next weekend. DGD8 will be competing in her first horse competition. DGD8 competes at 8am on both Saturday & Sunday so I made hotel reservations for Friday & Saturday nights. It is about 4 hours away so we should be back home in plenty of time for DGD7 to be ready for school on Monday. I know almost nothing about Short Stirrup Hunter competition so I want to learn enough to have a clue what DGD8 is doing (or trying to do).

I spent some more time with the plants. My BP at the doctor office today was 108/64. I suspect my BP was good because I spend a couple of hours in the garden before my appointment. For me, playing with plants = natural blood pressure reducer.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Kitchen was cleaned up an hour ago but I'm exhausted and brain-dead.

I think I'll go to bed.

Foot only hurts when I touch it so I won't have trouble sleeping. Hopefully, it will heal enough overnight that I can wear footwear tomorrow. I put on my loosest boots to walk dgs downstairs and each step was painful. At least I can wear socks (liner socks for hiking, but at least there's material over my foot.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:53 pm

CathyS - I think I saw something a while ago about the Turpin's case. Maybe when they first found the children. I just looked up and read a few articles about the case. It boggles my mind how no one reported them. Sad and scary.
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:47 am

Here I am, posting late late late... and probably no one even reads these late night posts.
Just wanted to check in.

Amazingly, dh and I went to our very first Good Friday service tonight. Just out of the blue, DH was the one who suggested it.
Neither of us have ever attended one before. We went, and it was a good service. Somber, solemn songs, but our pastor never preaches in a really somber way, so the sermon wasn't depressing or anything. It was very thought-provoking though, at the end, when they removed the candles and crosses from the altar and put black coverings over everything at the front of the church.

Came back home, cleaned up the kitchen from supper, and I had to take a nap. I'm on an antihistamine trip, and allergies are really bothering me. I couldn't hold my eyes open.
Later, got the clean sheets back on the bed... TRIED to reconcile the checkbook statement. :evil: I am $27.16 off (NOT in my favor, of course.) My math is correct, and that number doesn't suggest transposing amounts, so... I am perplexed. I am thinking it just HAS TO BE something that I did not record, that showed up after the statement was printed... but what could it be??? Neither dh nor I can remember anything. I will call them tomorrow -- or Monday, if they can't help on a weekend. I don't do online banking, so can't check that way.
DH says someone may have hacked our card, but it's an odd amount for that, too, isn't it?

Earlier today, we got a reprieve from babysitting dgrands -- ddil and ds decided to take them along to ddil's early morning dentist appt. That was a huge relief here, b/c dh has been feeling TERRIBLE -- bp running high, etc. Cardiologist is on vacation. Today, however, it had dropped a bit -- still high 160/something -- but MUCH better than the past two days.
We rode around for awhile this afternoon, just passing the time, and stopped by to visit ds for just a minute. He's on the road tonight and won't be home till wee hours of Tuesday morning.

Tomorrow morning, egg hunt with dgrands, at my dmom's church. I hope this rain is over by then! No Sunday plans beyond church service.

So neat about your dgd, LadyM! I noticed today that our college equestrian team is in the national (?) championship -- at Oklahoma State, I believe. We don't follow that sport exactly, but it's nice to know they do well.
And I think you did right to tell your dbro about your dmom. Always good to have an extra set of eyes on an older person. I always tell my dbro if I think my dmom is acting unusual. She said she talked to him today, actually, briefly, so I think he is making an effort to keep in touch a little more since her fall last Thanksgiving.

Hope your foot feels better soon, Kathryn! OOOHHH... that sounds sooo painful! Burns always hurt sooo bad!!!

Congrats to WonderBoy's soccer team, too, Harriet!

Storms here never materialized to anything more than heavy rain. Now it is brrrrr.... cold. NOT good Easter Egg hunting weather.

Waving to ALL!!! Hope you all have a good weekend.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”