Happy Passover - saturday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Happy Passover - saturday pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:03 am

“chag Pesach kasher vesame’ach"
“a koshern un freilichen Pesach”
“chag same’ach”
I found many different ways to say Happy passover - so I am not sure which one is correct but the sentiment is just the same. Happiness to you dear Twins and family during this passover week and always.

Passover 2019 began in the evening of
Friday, April 19
and ends in the evening of
Saturday, April 27
Passover is a festival of freedom!

Happiness to all this lovely weekend. Happy almost Easter!
So many joys to celebrate.
Resurrection and rebirth!

two wonderful ways to celebrate. How can you take freedom and rebirth into your heart to start a new day for yourself?

My grandmother lived to 104 years old, and part of her success was she woke up every morning to a brand new day. She said every morning is a new gift. Her favorite hobby was collecting birthdays. George Take
i
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Happy Passover - saturday pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 am

I have been up for over an hour and it's time to do the old heave ho (pull the anchor up and start the voyage of the day). I also think it's a pirate term but hey - I am going for the metaphorical of the anchor up and getting the sails underway to start my day. 8-) I could say it like a pirate - Me Hearties 8-) :D

I have to order the coffee for tomorrow.
pick up soil for the pots
plant the pansies (in hope that it doesn't snow again).
weed a bit

paperwork day - thinking 3 hours.

car and purse day??????? nothing big - just straighten car and get gas.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:15 am

Lynlee: Thanks for sharing that weather report! I shared it with dh as well. I loved the way you worded it. I'm thinking of how cold the airBnB would be, it was an old stone washhouse with no insulation at all. That made it lovely and cool in the summer, but I imagine it would be quite cold now!

It is 7*C (43*F) here but with a north east wind feels like 3* at the moment and I have to have all my east windows closed. Still I've managed to cool the apartment back to at most 22 (its normal temp) so that's better than the 24 or 25 (over 75*F) it has been lately. All the west windows are still open to keep that end of the apartment cooler and the east ones are not fully latched so there's a bit of breeze (and a lot of howling, dgs asked me what the noise was yesterday, then wanted to see the wind, so we had that discussion!)

I slept fairly well. No pain in my foot unless I touch it. Not sure how shoes will work but slippers are fine (I was wearing the slippers when I poured the water on it, had I had shoes on, I wouldn't be burned, so a reminder to listen to Flylady.) I have a 3/4" diameter blister on the top and two much smaller spots. At the time I coated it with aloe (I keep a plant in the kitchen just for this situation) and put an ice pack on and off while I finished cooking. At bed I coated it with antibiotic cream. I may do that again and then put a dressing on it when I get dressed, we'll see. I'm not looking forward to the hot water from my shower on it and am debating washing my hair in the kitchen sink and sponge bathing instead of showering today.

I'm having my tea and chocolate in front of the computer this morning. The rain isn't happening right now (that will be later today) and it is bright out so I decided to skip light therapy. I'm going to finish the data entry before I have my breakfast. I figure there's under an hour to go.

The car desperately needs gas and I'll take it out for a car wash too since I have no other errands to run. Gas is very expensive this weekend due to the holiday so I'll end up paying $4 more than I would have had I gassed up on Wednesday, but at this point we barely have enough to get to dd's and back so I should do it now, no matter the cost. The car only holds 44 litres (11 US gal) so I have to remind myself that as dramatic as 10 cents a litre overpriced sounds, it isn't a bank breaker.

If I do well with data entry and taxes over today, I might go get dgdJ0 and take her away for a while (along with dgsM2) since I suspect the parents need a break. It would only be for 2 hours (between feeds.)

Dd said yesterday she isn't comfortable with me taking dgd away because dgd is going a long time between feeds at night so she feeds dgd frequently in the daytime because she doesn't trust dgd to ask for enough to eat. There is no doubt dgd is thriving, almost to the point of too much. And the fact she sleeps better through the night than dgs is because she is so chubby. Dgs was very close to failure to thrive and simply didn't have the resources to go any length of time between feeds.

Despite sleep being medically prescribed for dd, she still doesn't go to bed until after midnight (I think she's staying up until dgd wakes up for the middle of the night feed) and still doesn't nap except at prescribed naptime in the afternoon, not when she needs it if the opportunity arises. So she only lay down for an hour of the time I had dgs yesterday, even though I had him 8 hours. That's part of the reason I don't want to babysit when she asks (aside from the fact that there are two adults in the house at all times for 2 children.) I wouldn't mind if my babysitting helped dd get better but she 'wastes' the time frittering away on other things like cleaning. And my plans for my own life get cast aside (aside from physically not being here to do things, I also suffer from the time to refocus after being knocked off-task and from being exhausted after being with dgs.)

Oh, well, I've written a tome instead of getting to work on the task at hand. I'll check in later when I'm s2s and have finished the data entry I assigned myself yesterday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:39 am

Good morning!

Blessed - Thanks for the good start today.

We are slow moving this morning. Saturday is the only day of the week that we don't have to be up and busy.

Today's plans =
** 10:00 Community Easter Egg Hunt.
** trip to town to get DH meds and more potting soil, compost, and peat moss.

I'm having flash back to 4 years ago when DGD7 was 3 years old and I took her to this same community Easter Egg hunt. There were hundreds of eggs laying out of the baseball field and which meant each child would get 20-30 eggs. The children all started picking them up. DGD went toward an egg but another child beat her to that particular egg. Instead of turning to get a different egg, DGD3 threw a fit. I'm talking laying on the ground & screaming at the top of her lungs. It was one of THOSE MOMENTS. There was no talking to DGD or calming her down. She was screaming and had no interest in stopping. After spending time trying to calm her down I picked her up kicking and screaming and carried her to the car. By the time we got to the car, she had kicked/screamed so much that she had sweat & tears running down her face and her voice was hoarse. This experience taught me to always talk about expectations with DGD before we participate in things. This experience also gave me great compassion when I see a parent/grandparent with a child that is totally acting out.

Today is the Rattlesnake Festival at local town. I just can't get into snakes. I don't want to look at them, touch them, hold them, eat them, or wear their skins. I feel sorta like Scrooge by not wanting to participate.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:53 am

In case you're still wondering, LucyLee, if anyone reads your late night posts....I almost always go back & read what I may have missed the day before.

Heard DD/Dsonil leave about 8am. They're going to Tampa to a flea market with friends. I'm just as happy to stay home & putter. I need to do up the dishes from last night -didn't eat until nearly 7 & it got to be too late to start that project. I've eaten breakfast, am sipping coffee & have a LOL going, and the bed is made. So I guess I really haven't been idle.

Got quite a lot of 'paper/desk work' done yesterday. Want to empty out a file from 2017 & save just those things that I 'might' need down the road. Gathered all my papers and put them in 1 bin to be scanned & filed or tossed. So little by little I'm making progress on this project. Also cleaned/gleaned and reorganized the 2 bookcases in our room yesterday. Much more appealing to the eye.

I walked a lot after everyone went to bed last night. Was determined to get that 'magical' 10,000 steps in. Made it! That gives me 3 days in a row of over 10k. I am really wanting to keep it up -though my weight sure doesn't show it. Not yet anyway.

A blessed Passover, Twins.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:40 am

Dishes done and hair washed. Have 2,000 steps in -1/5 of the way there. ;) LOL in the dryer. Step by step.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:43 am

hello d dee, d lady and d kathryn and all that come in.

d dee - how lovely that you read the day before!
enjoy your good day of puttering and being home!
yay on all your work yesterday! and awesome on the 10k steps!
yay on step by step!!! good for you!

d lady - isn't it lovely to have easy start day! have fun at easter egg hunt.
the emotions of little ones :D it's so hard sometimes! compassion for other moms is such a blessing.
totally get the idea of not enjoying rattle snakes! not a favourite for me either! I am happy to be scrooge in these situations. 8-)
hope you have a wonderful easter hunt day!

d kathryn - I hope you get our sunshine and warmth we have today... we had the cold the day before yesterday so this warmth should be coming your way in a couple days.
praying your sweet daughter worries less and less.
I remember those days of trying to catch up when the babies are asleep. I think we all do it as young moms. We can't make an adult do what we want no matter what we think - ;)

:D I am glad you take care of you. Hope your dd can find a lovely teen that can come over and play, while she is there, with the kids so she can do some things. When eldest was born I had a couple teen girls that just wanted to hold her and play with her. adorable. I would get my paperwork done while dd was cooing and being spoiled by the neighbourhood girls.

hope your foot feels better.

did you all say lynlee was her yesterday... well hello d lynn!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:46 am

I got up very late! So lovely to sleep late this morning but I need to get moving. (Why is this morning different from all other mornings? - a little passover joke because the question "Why is this night different from all other nights?" is part of the passover seder.) Tonight is the seder we attend at friends' home, and I need to roast veggies to take tonight, and get to the store...

I generally don't do an observant Passover, but only attend a seder (sometimes more than one.) I've always said I was a CPA before I was Jewish, and it simply fell at a time of the year when I wasn't able to focus on it. This year is one of the occasional years when it falls after April 15 but it's not a Jewish holiday for which I comply. After all, I am Reform and am compelled to choose what is meaningful to my life.

We had a wonderful dinner last night with dfriends. Relaxing and so nice to catch up with them - we won't have a chance to do so tonight at their house. It was a very nice restaurant, we got there before the long wait for a table and had a leisurely meal together. Tomorrow will be a super relaxing day, I hope. A lot of things are closed here so that limits what we can do!

So I'm getting off my tushie now and off I go!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:53 am

It's been far too long since I've visited here but just wanted to wish everyone a Blessed and Happy Easter.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:00 am

And the same back at 'ya, Austin Granny. It's good to 'see' you btw!

Return to “Post When You Can”