Friday Five by Five

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Friday Five by Five

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:06 am

Do you follow the advice : "Write down 5 things you want to get done by five o'clock." ?

P and P gave that advice, and they preceded it with another idea ... .. to "Write down 5 things that are bothering you."

That's a good jumping-off point, mentally, to come up with specific priorities for a given day. Whatever's bugging you - that gives a good idea of things you should handle soon. They also gave the advice to save the cards (or whatever you used) as success cards to keep track of how many things you actually accomplished.

CathyS

Re: Friday Five by Five

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:55 am

Hi.

All clean laundry is away.
All pots/pans/dishes are clean.
Roomba has done her thing.
Island is clear.
It's pouring rain.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:15 am

:) Cathy! When it's pouring rain, it's like a serious chore for sure. Here lately I look out at rain and think what I can't manage to do now! We'll have heavy rain from 11 to 1 today, they tell us.

Mine is:

Desk Day
Be here for delivery truck (why won't they call? hmmm)
Errands (minor and close, I hope)
Kitchen deep clean - microwave clean
make a casserole

We are slowly getting back to normal. Dd came home with news from a friend who's in hospital and so left early today to have a brief visit before work (she was invited or would never assume she should go).

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:24 am

Good morning! We're heading to the ATL for a bar mitzvah later today and I'm trying to get my chores in and get packed this a.m. I'd prefer to leave here around noon but dh I think wants to leave earlier. I think he's coming home after his Rotary meeting to wait around until I'm ready. :lol:

I really need to haul some of the garden soil back and get that bed filled (still) but I'm not sure that will happen. We'll see.

Five for Friday:
-get house ready for dcleaning lady
-a.m. routine, although there are some things I can ck off because she will do
-long note for dd, text to her and print out for here
-get packed for four "events" and the weekend while dcleaning lady is doing her thing
---temple attire for tonight and tomorrow a.m., altho tomorrow a.m. is the more dressed occasion
---"party attire" for tomorrow night, although I figure that is mainly for the benefit of the bar mitzvah boy's contemporaries. I am going "relaxed comfortable 60-something-y/o attending a party with 13 year olds" attire. The venue is a restaurant, I believe.
---get away brunch on Sunday a.m. - it is at a country club, but I think I can do "going out weekend attire" to drive home
-what else? Yard? I'd also like to send a thank you note to dfriends for last week's seder...forgot all about that....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:32 am

I know it seems like I didn't get anything done yesterday and I didn't. When I left here I picked up dcousin and visited dmom. We had a nice lunch with mother, I always enjoy this cousin and wish we got together more. I should prioritize that...

After getting her home I went across town to my usual pedicure place hoping for a walk in pedicure but they were so busy and backed up, so I went back toward home and tried another place. It was a little more expensive, but had capacity and I got a great pedicure too. I'll go there again, I think. Different kind of place, my usual is family run and frankly, not as clean. The newer place is also Asian owned, but they have a bigger, nicer place with a lot of employees. They used plastic over the well for the feet soak that was like a shower cap that they changed every time.

So all that took awhile then I had to stop at grocery (dd will be here this weekend and I wanted to leave some food around for her) and pick up the wrong script (since I was out of meds and dr's office hasn't corrected) and was exhausted when I got home.

Then we were invited out for dinner at the country club and that was very nice, but a long evening too, so nothing got done last night.

So here I am this morning needing to get stuff done...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:55 am

My schedule for today has been ripped up and tossed into the trash. Onward to plan B.

Today is a no homeschool day. DS10 has made plans with 2 of his friends to play together today.

My 5 by 5
1 - Prep/serve 3 meals
2 - Three rooms to company ready status
3 - Play with plants
4 - Vacuum swimming pool
5 - Progress made on fun room.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am

I saw this today and think I'll apply it to myself ....

Whatever you're doing today, do it with all the confidence of a four-year-old wearing a Batman t-shirt.
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 am

Looking like rain here very soon too. Think we have the possibility of strong storms before long as well. I wanted to go out to walk, but it's looking pretty iffy.

Another night of little sleep, but I actually feel pretty good. Trying to decide on a 'healthy' breakfast. Not sure what we have that it could be.

I need to make notes to myself of things I really want to accomplish in the next 4 weeks -leave 4 weeks from Sunday. Glad I'm not up there this weekend. Cold, rainy and SNOW. This is opening weekend at our camp -glad I don't have to contend with it.

DD will be home tonight pretty much on time. Can't even think what to fix for supper. Dsonil bought ribs Monday & left them in the back refrigerator to thaw. He announced Tuesday afternoon that they were already thawed. And he still hasn't done anything with them. Thinking I'm glad I don't care for ribs because the earliest he'll cook them is tomorrow. Hope he takes a good sniff before trying them.

5x5: 1) send a lengthy text to dfriend who has stage IV cancer (actually to her dh)
2) write my 50+ year penpal -I've owed her a letter for some time now. She doesn't have a computer so it's the ol' fashioned way.
3)Spruce up the office
4)Do LOL -start to finish
5)walk my 10,000 steps (Been doing really well with that in spite of not being up to snuff)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:55 am

The first meal of the day made/served/cleaned up. Scrambled eggs, toast, sliced apples and milk. I'm having Bulletproof coffee for breakfast.

The front porch has been blown off and the flowers checked & watered.
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:27 am

Okay, Lady M, just what is bullet proof?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”