Friday Five by Five

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Friday Five by Five

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:37 am

I am thinking what to do by five.

I have a plan for dinner, will make pizza.
Mowing is on my mind weather permitting. rained. I did the front in the afternoon when sun came out with wind that dried stuff out.
Plant bee balm. Done.
Sheets to wash. Nope
Sew a seam if it rains. Nope
Put out water buckets. X
Journal planning. Qt. Breakfast. X

Waving to all.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cats

Postby cats » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:40 am

Dee we have a smart and final where we can buy a box of the bags you used to get when you checked out of stores

Well my son had their twins in Feb
A week after the boy was born he had heart surgery came through with flying color. It looks like he will come home next week finally. His sister came home about two weeks after she been born
It was so much fun seeing them and holding them :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:45 am

oh what a great way to start. my mind has been going all over the place and the 5 x 5 will help me get started.
I have a background headache that usually leads to me being scattered and a bit cranky 8-) :D
warned dh already :D

I will be back (hopefully soon) to say hello individually!

my hope:

1. bring notebook with and go through house to see what I need to get done next week. :D I have workmen coming in the following weeks.
2. cat litter and dog stuff
3. vacuum first floor
4. wash more bedroom windows zone work this week (5 windows). we have 6" of snow coming tomorrow
5. cover tulips and bring in pansies.

hoping to also
finish morning routine:
1. swish and swipe bathrooms
2. vacuum first floor (missed yesterday)
3. kitchen work

hoping to
4. do laundry routine (I still have 2 baskets to empty)
5. paperwork routine - done for today.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:22 am

So glad your twins are doing well, Cats. Our twin dggs2's birthdays are today. They were born on a wonderful date (IMHO) my own dMom's birthday. DD texted me a note remembering her Grandma today -so sweet. And she's very much like her grandmother!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:31 am

Morning...

Dee ... bullet proof coffee is a corner stone of the keto diet. Coffee, heavy cream, Pat of butter and or coconut oil, blended in a blender. The fats feed the liver and keeps you from feeling hungry. I’m drinking mine right now.

Well I’ve already done 3/5 Chatted with my son, it’s his birthday and my birthing day, watered my sunnies and picked up footprints.

I’m taking myself shopping later today and will stop at the grocery store on my way home.

Off to finish my coffee.... waving to y’all ! Oh, new picture of Vera Mae posted on my FB Page
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:33 am

Blessed: we'll get snow tomorrow but no expected accumulation.

And it is absolutely pouring here.

The city declared a state of emergency over the flooding yesterday afternoon and we have 400 troops here to help now. As well, there's a dam in danger of overflowing (well downriver from us) and evacuations started there yesterday afternoon and a highway closure since the highway has a bridge going over the affected river.

On the way to dinner last night, I was reading of these two emergencies on my phone while on the bus. Put my phone in my pocket, it vibrated and sounded and the whole bus filled with the sound of the Presidential Alert. Turns out it was an Amber Alert, 300 miles away. This time at least the volume level did not override phone settings so the noise on the bus was not overwhelming, just attention grabbing due to it coming from so many phones. I actually read the alert in loud voice for those without phones since others were aware of the two 'real' emergencies (as well as the other fake Climate Emergency! that was declared by our city the day before) and they didn't need to take any action in response to this Presidential Alert.

We got a second alert at dinner, same thing, but some people got 5 versions. Others got nothing.

We really need to fix our Amber Alert system.

We enjoyed the play last night. It was about a farmer targeted Ponzi scheme from 2007 and the trial after. Neither dh nor I remember the story from the news, which is depressing since the losses were greater than the losses in the cryptocurrency scheme we lost money in but that's made the news.

I slept OK but not long because we had a notice-to-enter for this morning starting at 8. They haven't showed up yet. It is for plumbing so it is not hard for me to imagine the plumber is off dealing with emergency calls.

I have managed to do nothing all day, though. I filled in a plan for the day (only 4 items) but have been waiting for dh to be finished his morning routine so I can go out and run errands. I've identified a mall with sheltered parking where I can get everything done so going out in this mess won't be too overwhelming. I might also take the car to be washed since it got bug covered on Monday during our long drive.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:46 am

Cats - Thanks for the update on your Grand Twins. How neat to have that experience! I'm glad they are doing well and hopefully will be home together soon.

Dee - My bulletproof coffee has different ingredients than RR does, but the end result is similar. Bulletproof Coffee has high fat, low carb ingredients. I have quit eating Keto until I get past these medical tests but I found myself missing the Bulletproof coffee each morning. So I returned to drinking it. Some say it isn't healthy and there are doctors telling their opinion & facts both for and against it. I'm not an expert. When I realized that I was putting a pat of butter on the kids toast in the morning then it didn't seem so bad to put a pat of butter in my coffee (plus MCT oil). Both of us get a pat of butter but I'm not eating the toast with it. All I know is Bulletproof Coffee taste really good to me, is quick to fix, is less than 200 calories and I'm not hungry for hours.

DS10 has 2 friends here playing. In out In out In out....no wonder my floors look like they haven't been cleaned in days. I told them to quit running in and out. They are playing outside now.

I've played with the plants outside. I am trying to wrap up the planting phase of the summer garden. I find it very difficult to stop. There is always another container and some seeds or seedlings to put in it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:24 pm

Hello. 5x5 Hmmmm... I've done 2 I guess. Dailies which included taking check to the mail which I'd done last evening. Big statement more work than usual and I was thinking National Debt by the time I wrote those checks. Getting DH's dental work paid for. I guess we're about half way done with that.

2nd one... I closed out the month since this is the last weekend in April, wrote a paycheck and submitted taxes.

Have to go pick up an Rx this afternoon and I'll get some groceries. We have a pot-luck at church Sunday evening so I need to figure out something to make for that. Think I'll drop the donation bin by the thrift on the way, it's getting really full. That'll be #3.

I do try to do things that are bugging me, regardless of whether they're on the schedule or not. Keeps things rolling along and not getting too bad. Yesterday I pulled everything out of my closet floor, vacuumed a herd of dust bunnies and wiped floor and baseboard. I went through the shoe boxes and pulled the empty ones to put someplace less used. Now with all the clothes done and this, this closet looks wonderful. I find myself standing in front of it just to look at it.

Weather is rolling in here. Grey day. We're supposed to get rain. Some sort of system coming through, it's cooler than usual. Guess I'll take my umbrella with me.

Cats, nice to have you joining us here.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:39 pm

I'm taking a break with a glass of tea. The sun is bright with almost no breeze. It gets feeling hot quickly because I'm not used to these higher temps yet. I've been outside playing with plants and working on the swimming pool. Both of those activities are done in the same location but one seems like play and the other seems like work. Hum.....

I've started lunch prep. Hamburgers, tater tots, french fries, and green salad.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:40 pm

hi

went through house and made a l*st of the the next decluttering areas. (once a week) and put in my planner.

dh wants to go out to lunch - so now to look a bit more spiffy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”