Friday Five by Five

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Friday Five by Five

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:02 pm

cats, what good news to hear about your grandchild! Happy for you and family, all 'round.

I added a DPC in to my 5 - Desk Day found me needing to call a church member about an automatic check from his bank never arriving. First time in years, but there had to be a first time, I guess. He's overwhelmed these days with health concerns and I hate to put a monkey-wrench into already difficult days, but he needs to call them. It was so nice to have a conversation with him. Nice guy.

Otherwise,
Desk Day - check
Delivery arrived - check
mini errands-run after delivery - check

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 pm

I chopped up the chicken to go in tonights meal have soup in the crock pot for lunch.
Painted rocks.
Totally side tracked. :roll:

Sun came out I just had a dribble of lawn mower fuel left so I just cut the front yard grass.
Rest will need to wait I was just going to do the front anyway. I do not want to do part of the back.

H has tummy issues so I need to change up my meal.
Got the plant in dirt in the container I got last weekend yea!

Windy yucky weather tomorrow. Dang!
Laundry xx.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:33 pm

I took DS10, DGD7 and 2 of their friends to the park. They spent time on playground equipment and walking the track.

I am absolutely thrilled. I walked without pain for 30 minutes. This is the first time I've been able to do this since Feb 23rd!! I told DH that I am tempted to cancel the CT scan but he encouraged me to keep the appointment. It is the final test in the search for what has caused the pain & problems.

I'm putting together a plan for tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:28 pm

I've done nothing on my list today. And basically nothing.

The plumber (who I've been waiting for all day) showed up at 3:15. The tap is tightened again. This is the third attempt but this time they tried nail polish to keep it in place. The action of turning on the tap becomes a ratchet to loosen the tap itself. Bad design. I have a bottle of clear nail polish that wasn't good on nails so I saved it for things like this and knew exactly where it was.

We took out the recycle, I picked up the mail. We chatted with dgs on Skype.

The parking lot at the bridge has now been closed off and the river is pooling in it. There are still several cars in the lot because it is used as a carpool or bike part way to work parking spot. One third of the parking lot was so badly damaged by erosion 2 years ago that it has remained closed ever since. That part isn't underwater yet; this is a different place with one car on the far side of the pooling. From here I have no idea of the depth of the water.

Access to the island has also been closed off. I've been taking photos all day and it was still open 3 hours ago. The river is now basically at the top of the sea wall but just a bit is splashing over, it isn't flowing over.

Dd invited us for dinner (after 2 huge hints from me) but the heavy rain and rush hour discouraged me from going. Still, it would have been nice to have corn-on-the-cob and burgers.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:55 pm

hello fantastic women!!!!

- still lovely out... hard to imagine us having snow tomorrow. some of the white tulips are open.

I have been working in the garage for about 2-1/2 hours. old pump hoses are gone, some misc. things in garbage or recycling.
dh took what I had out front and put it next to cans.
many like things together. I could get upset with dh for being a dump it and go in the garage but he is a put away person (never in the correct place, ;) , mind you but he is a put it out of sight no matter what it is with, type person).

OLD dog loved sitting on her blanket out in the garage. I had both garage doors open and lots of nice spring breezes came through. She was so content.

putting on calendar in 2 weeks to pull things out of the garage and spray it down.
dh is working on the small shed next week.

we also
made a donation run together after lunch.

no yard work done; but we are having snow tomorrow that is supposed to stick. I have covers for my tulips, for tonight and tomorrow, in the front of the garage.

I have an appointment again for the mouse check. made today Wednesday
I have an appointment for the crawl space. made yesterday - tuesday.
too early to call on getting oriental and basement rug cleaned.

next: move cat litter bags by their boxes (so I can do it tomorrow).
put the extras (tide, cleaning supplies from garage onto shelf in laundry room).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:38 pm

After dinner, dh and I decided to go out for a walk in the rain and look at the flooding close up.

Between cooking dinner and the walk, the city moved the load of sand. They had dropped it out of sight from our apartment but it was too close to the rising water so they moved it back.

This year they also gave us a sandbag filling 'station' (3 upside cones mounted on a temporary road barrier.) A group of walkers all gathered at the corner at the same time and slowly figured out everything. So we started filling bags. It would have been better not to have been dressed in my good coat and leather gloves, but the sand will eventually brush or wash off. Dh didn't even have gloves. But we worked for about a half hour. The 'station' makes it easy to assign roles to people. You can work in 3 sets of 2, one holding the bag under the cone and counting until 4 shovel loads are put in.

Then you drag that aside, and if there are more people, they can tie off, load into wheel barrows (one supplied by the city) and build the wall.

We'll go back for a while in the morning.

The expectation is water will rise 1' higher than the last big flood 2 years ago. Our councilor marked a tree with the water line from last time so we know how high to pile the bags.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:36 pm

5x5 — this is something I should give more thought. In both areas — things bothering me, things I hope to accomplish for the day.

I didn’t do 5 today, but did get the bathrooms cleaned up.
Dmom came over to swap garage door openers. SHE could do a 5x5, I think. She finally had space in her garage to park her car! She is thrilled!
Dh and I took our usual Friday afternoon ride.
Paid gas bill.
Ds & family came over for supper, local food truck/Lions Club fundraiser.
Hmmm... maybe that IS 5!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:30 am

I managed to get my errands done before rain hit. 5 stops. 1st was the thrift, unloading the full bin. That was an experience.

Bank, grocery, library, pharmacy. Ok, I counted all this as #3.

Dinner and dishes. #4.

That's all? I guess so. It should count for 5, I was busy enough all day!

Return to “Post When You Can”