Sunday PWYC questions

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Sunday PWYC questions

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:26 am

I started a "Question of the day" with the kids where they have to research something and have the answer by bedtime. The purpose of this is to generate and encourage the process of learning. IMHO you don't need to know the answer to everything but you need to know how to find the answer.

I have questions running through my mind. Are you researching anything today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Sunday PWYC questions

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:41 am

Well I had to 'research' the ad for the grocery store up home for DH -does that count? Wasn't very much in there that he would be getting, but I might if I was up there. 4 weeks from today. It's snowing today. Opening day for camp -ugh -glad I'm not there for it. Think temp is supposed to go down to 28 tonight so I sure wouldn't want to be opening up my RV today. Imagine dh will leave the water dripping over night to hopefully keep it from freezing.

Dh went with ds-R, Ddil and dgs14 to the last indoor lacrosse game in our city. Understand the team is moving to New Brunswick. They've grown quite close with some of the players and I know they will miss them. Know they've been good role models for dgs. He was ball boy for both them and the outdoor league which moved to TX a year or so ago. They are in contact even still and with a couple of the Moms.

Heading to church shortly. Did up the dishes from last night. Watched 3 periods of the Orlando game -they lost 3/2 in OT. So dd knows she has to work hockey games this week: Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. Saturday we go back to the same arena for the Mercy Me concert. Busy week for her again.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:06 am

hello d lady I love starting the day with learning d Lady! lovely way to start the day!

d dee hello.
it's always a blessing to have good role models! how nice for your dgs14
have a lovely day as well.

hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:13 am

woke up to 6" of snow but the melting has begun.
dh put up a small xmas wreath on the front door as it snowed (he proceeded to sing it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas). Funny man. I took it down this morning but while the snow is still out, I am tempted to leave it up. (my fear is that I will forget it is there ;) :D )

I have some put away to do
my morning routine
I had planned on going to church this morning but I have had a headache all night long to this morning.

I am hoping to do some
1. hand sewing today.
2. read

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:40 pm

I am up breakfast is done I rinsed the dishes off and cleaned one sink. Got water prepped so h. Could soak his foot.
Sun is starting to peek out. Frost advisory up for tonight. 42* - 52* today's temp. Range. It is calm and not windy.
Have to change my menu plan today or go to the store.

I pick up twigs and stjck after the wind on Sat. and swept up leaves etc.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:12 pm

have a good day d nancy!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:51 pm

LOL, no frost advisories here! It's too cold to even think about putting plants in the ground, let alone seeds germinating in the very cold soil.

Flood waters continue to rise but not dramatically. The peak is now expected on Tuesday and will be 39 cm (about 16") higher than it is now, and 6.5 feet higher than the historical average for this time of year.

The City dropped 2 more loads of sand this morning. I'm not sure why but need to walk over and see how things are going. The city website shows two road closures but they look easily passable to me.

They've shut one of the interprovincial bridges downtown because the water is rushing by too close to the infrastructure, even now, 2 days before peak. This is a traffic problem, not only because that cuts 20% of our bridges but two others have very few lanes available due to summer construction. That will put more strain on the bridge by me so traffic tomorrow will be bad. It is very heavy today and it is a Sunday afternoon.

Here's a live webcam of the water streaming under the closed bridge.

https://www.ipcamlive.com/chaudiere

You can see my apartment building in the shot. On the right hand side of the frame there are a cluster of buildings and mine is the furthest one on the right in the cluster (you can see one more further right by itself but that's not mine.)

You can also see it is a bright sunny day so I need to get out for a walk.

I finished KonMari'ing the linens and have the table cloth for dinner tonight on. The crib is set up in the living room so we can put down dgd. I will also set up the high chair for her and dgs will use a booster seat from now on. Dd has multiple ones so is bringing one to keep here. I'll store it on a chair, probably, but dd said I could also suspend it upside down under the high chair.

I've made one dessert, started defrosting the other, turkey has been on 3 hours and the yorkshire puddings are mixed and the batter in the fridge. I've s2s and had lunch so now is a good time to go for a walk before setting the table and starting the veggies.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Kathryn - the video and photos are astonishing. Flooding water is so powerful what it does. The videos are hypnotizing.

Church and lunch were wonderful this morning. I enjoyed every moment. I realized that my oldest DNeice sat next to me on one side and youngest granddaughter sat next to me on the other side. I sat between the oldest & youngest of different generations on our family tree. Life is good.

I have decided to implement family meals again. We have become lackadaisical about doing this. It is a small habit but a powerful one. So we will start sitting down and eating together. We discussed this on the way home together and decided that meals will be served at 7:30am, noon and 5pm. We agreed that we may have many failures when we start doing it but with practice should improve. That's the goal anyway.

Today's question for the kids to research = "What are calluses?" They have until bedtime to research it and be able to give an explanation.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:20 pm

hi d kathryn wow regarding water levels. praying for everyone in the path of potential flooding.
oh my gosh that water looks way too high and powerful!!!
yum yorkshire puddings. your family is very lucky!!!!
have a great day

hi d lady
so happy that church was wonderful! so cool about your d niece and d granddaughter sitting next to you.. life is good!
I love hearing what you are teaching them.
have a great afternoon

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:22 pm

I washed one of the 3 windows in our bedroom - I couldn't open the other two - I need to have someone come and fix the windows..
I put away laundry
and added to my bedroom list of things that doing on the the next round of zones. Including repairs.
I have to fix or replace one of the shades as well.

next bring down the two baskets from the upstairs hall to be put away.

Return to “Post When You Can”