Sunday PWYC questions

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Sunday PWYC questions

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:32 pm

DD, dsonil & a friend have gone to Michaels. I'm trying to get steps in by doing laps inside before they come back. Just taking a small break. I'm pretty determined -NO! make that DETERMINED to get in my 10,000 steps at least I've had 12 days in a row of 10,000 or more -a couple of days were over 12 & 13K -how I'll never know.

I had asked our organist a few weeks ago if she knew of ways to get our services on our web site. Said she'd talk to the guy who does our projections from the computer. Today I decided to write it out in prayer form & put it in the offering plate for Wednesday's Bible Study/prayer time. DD decided during prayer time to mention this & that I had submitted it for prayer. Mentioned how much she thought it would mean to others & heads nodded. Lo & behold pastor announced that they're working on it and it's coming very soon. I was beyond pleased. And I know dh will be. He's kinda making himself go to church up north right now. But we've been through enough pastors up there to know that nothing lasts forever and our friends of over 50 years are there. So, we might possibly go to church occasionally with one or the other of our 2 sons. We'll see how it goes.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:40 pm

Hello to all, we are home from a fabulous bar mitzvah weekend in ATL. I haven't CUOPed - might take a little nap right now. I'm not that short on sleep but all the human interaction has worn me down. The grandmom is a dfriend from when dh and I were first married. Her husband passed away tragically from early onset alzheimer's several years ago, we saw the adult daughters grown up - they lived about two blocks from us, and then dd and ds were in the oldest daughter's wedding when they were young. The first grandson to reach bar mitzvah age was a little more than a year ago and then this was his male cousin's bar mitzvah. The rabbi who married us and "named" our children was there as a family friend and it was so good to see him too. We sat with him at dinner on Friday night.

All in all, an amazing weekend and an amazing family. Saturday afternoon was marred by finding a bulge on our tire, so we had to go buy a new one. One of the big malls was across the street so we went there and walked around a bit, before I collapsed in a nap before last night's party. The party last night was at a restaurant/bar next to a small airfield so we could enjoy the gorgeous weather on the patio and watch the planes and get away from the loud music!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:25 pm

I was asked a thought provoking question the other day. "If you woke up tomorrow morning and had only the things you were grateful for today, how would your life be different?" I think mine would be the same since I try to make being grateful a priority. The question is promting me to be grateful for every aspect of good in my life, not just the most important things. We had gray skies for part of yesterday, but the sun came out in the afternoon. Today is sunny and beautiful, in the low 60's....just perfect. I love Spring! Yesterday was the final day of the NFL draft and it was fantastic. I know, I'm weird, but football is a great distraction.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:28 pm

LadyM, how did your dgd and her new horse do in their events? Hope you will be able to see her compete soon. Horse shows are so much fun!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi D Kitty!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:07 pm

LadyM, how did your dgd and her new horse do in their events?

It was a huge learning curve. In DGD8 words "I did a face plant. The medics came. And I also jammed my finger". I asked DGD8 if she was okay and she assured us that she was. After the medics finished checking her out, DGD8 got back on the horse. All's well that ends well.

Family dinner went okay. It was basically leftovers with a couple of vegetables added. No one complained and everyone said something nice so I'm counting it a win. We made a menu plan for this week with everyone giving input. I wrote their suggestions down and assigned a day to that meal. #BabySteps

One of the garden experiments had an overwhelming winner. I harvested 2 containers of radishes today that were planted on the same day, using the same seed, using same soil, watered at the same time, and growing next to each other. The Earthbox container outperformed a similar container but without water storage in the bottom. The outcome wasn't even close. The earthbox produced lush, dark green tops and big radishes. The plain container had radishes that looked stunted.

I am working on May calendar.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:08 pm

Glad your dgd8 was okay. Sounds like she has a great attitude.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:43 pm

I am working on May calendar.
Wait! What?! How is this even possible -we're only barely into April, right? Oh where did this month run to -only 2 days left???

Yikes just spotted lights in the driveway. Went & asked dsonil who was in the drive & he's gone out. Hoping it's nothing. Realized there were lights in my eyes. It was the neighbor's daughter come to feed their horses. But she said there's a car parked down there with their flashers on & he 'looked kind of scary' so they came down here to wait for him to move on. I just knew at almost 9pm there shouldn't be anyone in our driveway. He may be broken down & waiting for help, but...…… Meantime she can't go feed the horses.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Wait! What?! How is this even possible -we're only barely into April, right? Oh where did this month run to -only 2 days left???

YES, Dee -- my thoughts exactly!!! I was actually JUST saying that! WHERE DID APRIL GO???

I think I promised y'all I'd do better today, and I sorta did -- I got all my Sunday weeklies done before my nap this afternoon, and that included long text messaging with ddil and conversation with dbil and lots of conversation w/dh. More on this later.

I also talked to dmom this afternoon, and dh and I have been to Wmart and all the groceries are put away.

LadyM -- it does sound like dgd8 has a great attitude! Sorry she had a fall, but WTG on getting back on the horse.
And WTG to you with family dinner planning and your gardening experiment!

Kitty, I think if I had what I was grateful for, I'd still have my family and my home... but this has been a miserable day in a lot of ways. More on this later. I'm grateful for my health, and dh's improved health, compared to a year or so ago. And of course I'm grateful that dmom is doing as well as she is and ds, ddil, and dgrands are healthy. There's a lot I am thankful for, actually.

So glad you had a good weekend, Twins!

Blessed -- looks like you've had a busy day!

(((Kathryn))) That flooding is pretty impressive! I hope you don't experience any serious problems in your area.

Sounds like a good thing that the wind has died down in your area, right, Nancy?

I am determined to do some exercise tonight and work on SOMETHING on the OMM list. It's only 8:30 at this point.

I think I will go to J&C with the "more later" stuff...
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:50 pm

hi sweet lucy!!!

good night all (or d lynnlee good day to you!)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”