Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:48 pm

oh no I am so sorry d Elizabeth! can you sue the owner of the car for the remainder - I normally don't believe in suing but I think you deserve to get your car fixed.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:59 pm

I am back from ant apt. & lunch w dd. Lovely day. Wrote a letter on the lounge chair on the deck it was very enjoyable nice and warm out this afternoon. Good to see you back Elizabeth!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:06 pm

Elizabeth wrote:May this always be nothing more than a bit trivia without meaning to all of you.

That's a lovely blessing.

I hope things continue to work well with this and your new car doesn't require more insurance adjuster interactions!

BTW: the mice on your property are lucky. I'm not near as kind.

Nancy: I was glad to see you feeling better today.

Twins: I understand your frustration with a setback in energy level.

I'm back from being out 3+ hours for my errands. It took almost an hour to get through the car wash errand. First, I had to get out of my neighbourhood onto the parkway. Because the bridge is in heavy use, making the left out of the neighbourhood onto the road that leads to the bridge took a while and someone letting me in. Then I had to go right to go left (and cut across at the entrance to the flooded parking lot) so I got to see it close up. And the beach (which is still slightly visible.)

At the car wash, there were 5 cars in front of me. Three in the regular line, 2 in the express line (for pass members.) Cars in the regular that arrived after me got to go before me because the lady in front of me couldn't work the express machine. That's the third time this winter that has happened. I was in the line so long, my car used up the traction battery and was sending out an alarm and flashing warning light all through the car wash itself (the car is on a track but remains on, in neutral, so you can drive it when it is toss off the track at the other end.)

So it was VERY LOUD in the car wash today. I tried turning off energy efficient mode but that did nothing. The second I put the car in drive everything was fine and I turned the car off while it was being hand dried. So I didn't do any damage but that's a new issue to pay attention to. I had used up a lot of the traction battery on the way to car wash (the parkway speed is low enough I can be on battery) and then used up the rest idling, even though I did turn off the car when the woman got out and walked away from her car in the lineup.

After that, things went fairly smoothly. I got a parking spot at the library (not always a given) and took a road with light traffic to Costco. Got everything on the list at Costco, plus some t-shirts for summer. Looked at the remaining list, picked a medium level grocery store I don't like and wasn't surprised that the loss-leaders weren't there. I should have used price-matching at my local store instead. Traffic on the way home wasn't too bad for rush hour.

Dh still has to finish unloading the car for me but the rest of the groceries are away.

Time to make up something with the leftovers.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:23 pm

hi d kathryn
hi d nancy
hi d everyone

dh made himself a cheeseburger and is washing his dishes! yay dh!

I am missing my girls today. Also missing my d mil, d dad etc.
Must be one of those days.
I sure was lucky in my life to have so many wonderful people in my life.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:58 pm

I have had a relaxed afternoon. When people say they didn't do anything I always wonder what that means. Does it mean they sat in a chair and only moved when necessary? If so, then I didn't do anything for the last few hours. I sat in a recliner while monitoring DS10 and friend play, answering questions, giving instructions and watching old NCIS episodes.

DS10 and a friend have been playing the last 3 hours and coming in/out/in/out of the house. They mostly spent the time playing outside. When his friend went home, DS10 came in and I immediately sent him back outside with instructions to remove his shirt, shorts & shoes before coming inside. He was covered in mud. Even his face and hair had mud splatters all over them. He was very dirty but a happy boy. I will probably never understand why those boys think it is fun to see how high of a rooster tailing they can spin with their tires.

Eating family style at the table was a failure tonight. I forgot about doing it. I prepared the meal and let everyone serve themselves. We reverted to eating while watching individual screens. Oops. We did 2 out of 3 meals today. So I consider that a success. Progress....not perfection.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:40 pm

We finished season 2 of Broadchurch this evening. Had to watch 2 episodes but that was the deal dh made with me last week.

First round of leftovers are consumed. Should finish round two tomorrow. I fried up the mashed potatoes in patties with stuffing, seasoning and onions. They were very good. Dh had a hot turkey sandwich, I just had the meat with some cranberry, the potatoes and a spinach leaf salad. We also finished up the carrot cake for our dessert.

I think I'll go to bed now.

The flood peak has been moved back until Wednesday. We get rain overnight tonight (it was only sunny in the morning, by 2 it was overcast) and then supposedly some sun tomorrow and then a couple of inches of rain is the worst hits us. That is timed to coincide with the peak in the flood.

The sailing club had a webcam and put together a time lapse of the water rising. They were flooded two years ago so made many changes including preparing flood barriers. Which were overwhelmed yesterday. There's concern the dyke next to the club may fail too. They've had an engineer in to look at it.

I talked with the super today and he says the building is still high and dry. It was practically built on to of the land and back-filled so our parking garage is not fully underground. Therefore it is unlikely to flood if the sewers back up.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:31 am

— Finished ironing
— Decluttered a bit in cabinet in bedroom
— Made plans to go to movie with ddil and dgd Thurs — having a little anxiety twinges about this — just my normal social/travel anxiety, but dh, ds, and dgs are going to a meet the coaches thing that night and I told ddil we’d do something.
— I promise to walk away the pounds also, before bed!

Kathryn — lots of good wishes for your parking garage!

Dh is still not feeling great. I’m having some anxiety about next week’s travel, too.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”