Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:24 am

No inspiration from me this morning! I just want to get it out as a place for planning for today!

What are your plans? Your inspirations for the day?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:49 am

Good morning.

Elizabeth, I've read those clauses in ins paperwork about how they will pay so much for this, so much for that. Of course it would be very possible, wouldn't it, considering the extraordinary ticket prices of vehicles these days, not to mention other property (and, gasp, medical care), to far exceed these numbers in collisions that wouldn't even seem to be a big deal (until the number crunching is done). I will say this - thank goodness is was an established ins co rather than one of the companies who advertise "just enough" coverage to barely be legal in whatever state.

Twins'
, I hope you continue to feel better.

Ta-Das outdoors continued yesterday:

Washed most of the porch chairs (still need to wash the child's rocker).
Mended the wind-spinning decoration at the walkway.
Some other incidentals. So with the morning work... ..
added up to 3.5 total hours working on my "outdoors" yesterday

The plan is that if HRH continues to feel well this a.m., we'll travel out and purchase things specifically for outdoors, today. We'll go by the home improvement store, the Tractor Supply and (I hope I hope) still feel well enough to go by the nursery. So far, so good. If he feels especially tired at h i store, I intend to suddenly develop a great attraction to the plants they have there, and not need to go to the nursery any more. I'd rather have him help with the project than find the prettiest items.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:51 am

I am glad he is feeling better this morning d Harriet.
you have been a busy woman - yay for you!!!

hi d Twins - thank you so much for starting us. hope you are feel really well today.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:05 am

I'm ahead of the particular "Outdoors" week of Focus Cleaning, which starts May 6 in this second round, but I always want to declutter ahead of cleaning, and some of this can be considered declutter, for sure. Very happy to pull planters and baskets out of a cluttery corner and get them into use. "Outdoors Week" is always the most likely Focus area for re-scheduling, I think. The indoor room-weeks can be like truly firm guideposts but "outdoors" needs to be like a portable umbrella! 8-)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:14 am

My morning is off to a good start.

I had breakfast cooked and on the table by 7:30am for everyone to sit down and eat. I made drop biscuits, scrambled eggs and sausage. It was very tasty.

Homeschool Day #164 is underway. DS10 is playing the piano. I have his next lesson assignment ready & waiting for him.

My schedule looks busy today but everything is within a mile of our home so it seems easy.
10am - Volunteer at the clothes closet
2:30 - DS10 piano lesson
3:45 - pick up DGD7 from school
5pm - DGD7 piano lesson
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:17 am

I am back among the living this morning! Definitely a 24 hour thing - I'm a little weak but overall back to normal! Weight this a.m. was same as it was in Feb the morning of the colonoscopy...

I ate some toast yesterday afternoon and a grilled cheese sandwich last night. I've had one large cup of coffee this a.m. but I'm not wanting another.

I'd like to do yard work this morning before it gets too hot, not sure how much I'll be able to do but I need to get restarted.

Elizabeth, so will your insurance company pay you what your car is worth, then potentially receive less from SF so they end up short, or is it you who will end up short? It's unclear how that would play out, I hope for your sake you receive what your car is worth.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:03 am

RR - Happy Birthday!

I'm being reminded today why we try to minimize breaks from routines. It is a PITA to get back into them. DS10 is experiencing the struggle to get back into the learning groove.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:28 am

I walked the dog, cleaned up kitchen and have started a load of laundry.

Need to do outside work now and I'm not sure I'm up to it. I also need a trip back to Lowes for basil plants. I had asked dd to "Water them if it didn't rain" and I really should have been far far more specific. It did rain a little, but then was very windy and they bit the dust. I need to get the sprinkler going also.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:47 am

Morning ...

Thanks Ladym!

Already watered my sunnies this morning. I’m fighting Whiteflies that are trying their best to eat my sunnies by blasting their underneath leaves with my hose. Seems to be working but I have to do this by sunrise and again at sunset.

Spent yesterday gatherings things for my trip to see my son and his family this Thursday.... Sweeties birthday present to me. Sure like this one this year :D

After more coffee and Perry I need to do my hair and then a trip to Sprouts. After that I am getter no my toes don and later Sweetie is taking me to my favorite place to eat for dinner.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 am

hi all - feeling a bit financially overwhelmed right now. I have the basement sealer people here and it is beginning to sound expensive.
I am taking on the pressure and anxiety of it as dh can't deal with it. I could see his face. They offer a payment plan - I don't like the sound of it.

I haven't started my home blessing or anything yet.
I did clean the sink, counters, dishes are washing themselves
animals water has been changed.
soaking dog dish from this morning

i have to change my attitude and get the old trusty timer out.

hi d rose (Happy Birthday!!!), hi d twins, Hi d lady, hi harriet, hi d everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”