Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:01 pm

I have not done much. Made a plan, journal done, qt x.
Waited till after 9 to uncover plants.
I need to put a change of clothes in a bag for just in case.
The I am excited bc I checked out 3 books on my tablet for waiting times with apts. & such this week. I realized I needed that bc they weigh less.
Yea for a great idea.
Found a tick it is dead now!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:07 pm

I did a little work outside, maybe 30 min? Also did some unloading of the car from the weekend. (We walked through IKEA - I love their paper napkins!) And from the refrigerator in the garage I emptied some brisket that had been left there far too long and got it into the garbage before the picked up. Got a little queasy outside so I'm also drinking some water cut with gatorade.

I am going to s2s now - I really, really need to! Also need to reboot the laundry and make the bed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Feel better Twins.
And Happy Birthday RRose!

I am knee-deep in another office declutter. DH came back here with me and we cleaned out the closet. Everything is disordered, piles everywhere. I am re-organizing and filling the recycle bin and a whole bunch of garbage already taken out. Big pile of stuff for the burn pile too. I need to take all the binder clips off everything. And the staples for the recycling.

I had everything organized and in order by years, etc. and that is nice, but it all needs dismantled now. DH actually threw away stuff I would have kept (taxes?) but I deferred to him and out it goes.

Will probably take me half the afternoon to get this room back to a working normal.

Yesterday I worked on my walk in closet in the master bedroom. I have 3 bins of fabric to go through and then that space is done.

Making real progress around here.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:37 pm

Happy Birthday to Ramblin'!

Nancy, it amazes me how your area is similar to mine in season/climate. I can't believe you already found a tick, though. You beat us to that one.

blessed, yes saw my first lizard of the year yesterday while out working. We have the "blue-tailed", also called "five-lined" which are actually named "skinks" but no one calls them any of that here. They are the only lizard anyone ever sees, so they are just "lizards" to us. They will be found around any rock/concrete/brick that has shade, especially smooth concrete.

Accomplished TS and went to the H I store. We agreed a few of the flower choices were okay but at prices like $25 for baskets, these weren't even in the running for value. Those supposed to include verbena in a mix had none, so I think they were either mismarked or the verbena had died and they were still trying to sell the baskets with the same signage/labels and price. HRH quickly said he wasn't any happier with the place than I was, so I couldn't fool him. ;) The difference in how well we could do at an actual nursery was too obvious. I enjoyed showing off my flower-name expertise, though, even pointing out bougainvillia from the parking lot. Someday, I'll get back to flowers in earnest. You hate to waste your hard-earned "education"! :lol:

We were near dsecondbil's work so stopped in to see him instead and ask about his DisneyWorld trip. HRH just didn't feel like much else, so I'll try a nursery another day.

Back home some indoor decluttering.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:55 pm

d harriet - those lizards are so cool! When I think of lizards I assume Arizona or Florida. So interesting!!

I am just giving a quick hi! I am so sorry!

They gave me two prices $ 11,000 difference oh my gosh almighty! I will talk to my brother about the severe option for keeping the basement dry. I signed up for the cheaper version but will do the severe on the payment plan if he thinks it is better. Gosh I hope it's not. wowzers
Sat with the gentlemen for for an hour and am needing to move.

I think I may be suffering with a bit of depression - I need to get my timer to stay focused enough to finish my home blessing.
I have a huge amount of I don't wanna do anything ;) 8-) so I need to get my attitude changed.
thinking gratitude
thinking fun
and moving my body to get in a better head space.

Its cold and raining outside (but NO SNOW) :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:02 pm

Good morning everyone! Dance class was cancelled last night, so I moved up my anti-procrastination task, weeding the front yard. It is now done and I can do something else on Wednesday. It was not as good exercise as dance, but not slacking either. After that I goofed off. I still need to pay some bills. I am leaving early for the vet today. I have already dealt with a crisis at payroll.

To those who are wondering: my car is already dealt with. I have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. My insurance company will decide if they want to try recovering more than the other driver's insurance is paying. I have already received my money and replaced the car. Minimum coverage in NM is 10k. Action items for y'all: (1) Do you have uninsured/underinsured coverage? (2) If you are ever in an accident, work with your own company.

Happy Birthday to Ramblinrose!

Harriet: What is TS? In my world, it means top secret!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:18 pm

Happy birthday, Rose! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:38 pm

I am properly cleaned up. Whatever it is that I want for lunch, we don't have it. I'm settling for another grilled cheese sandwich.

Elizabeth, I remember now that you've already received your $ and purchased a new to you car. I was panicking for you, tho!

I think I will go to Lowes next. Hopefully I can trim off some basil to go with my supper tonight, too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:45 pm

from Kathryn yesterday
How does your week look ahead?
Manic. It is crazy busy....

How can you simplify it?
I can't. I can only hope to push through it with grace.

Oh boy, Been There Done That. My life this year. The details are a little different, but the overall stress is the same.

To give one example:
We survived the winter with a cheap tarp over the kitchen roof. (We put the tarp up last August when we were still under the impression that it would only be needed for a few weeks at most.) The good news is, I finally found a reputable company to replace our roof, siding, gutters, and front porch. It's going to take a large chunk of cash out of our savings for retirement, but it is necessary. It will be such a relief once the outside of the house no longer embarrasses the whole town.

The bad news is that winter has returned. In April we had a week or so of lovely warm spring weather and if I'd had the time, I would have stored away all my winter clothes. Then last Friday it turned cold again. Saturday it poured down buckets of rain which in the afternoon turned to freezing rain and sleet and just kept coming down. I was working at the library and had a good view out the big windows of the wind and rain for several hours, and it continued the rest of the day after work. Luckily we didn't have to drive far. I hated to have to pull out my winter coat again but I've definitely needed it. The temperature warmed up enough to melt off the snow immediately, but upper 30s - low 40s are still miserable when there is no sun. It's supposed to rain the rest of this week.

So, once again, we're waiting for rain to stop and hoping for roofers to call to say they are ready. This time, though, our contact with the company has already posted a sign in our front yard. I did warn him that we are on such a busy street that everyone in town will know who is doing the work. I tried not to say it in too threatening a manner ... but the fact is, after the bad situation we had last year waiting for roofers who never showed up, this company will be under major scrutiny by neighbors and city council until the whole project is completed.

Other than that ... well, pretty much everything is in P&P's definition of c.h.a.o.s.
But winter has to leave sometime, right? Right? :?

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:19 pm

Well, as y'all might expect, I'm kinda fizzled out after the past two evenings. Maybe I'll get a burst of energy later in the day?

We have the blue-tailed lizards Harriet described. I think they are kinda pretty, but I don't want to be "surprised" by one, LOL. Oh my, when ddil first moved here, I would hear her screaming before she came in the door, LOL! They really startled her!
I haven't seen any so far this year.

(((blessed))) Hope your day improves!

Waving to ALL!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”