Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:15 pm

I got a load of laundry to the dryer.
Have been working on some prep stuff for the next day or so seems to be going well.
That help s got meals cooked ahead and planned for the next couple of days so that helps.
We have some wind I am keeping an eye on twisters in the south my dsis is on alert has a basement set up to go to is needed for shelter.
Thinking oif those In stormy areas.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:19 pm

Harriet? Everything okay with your folks? Seeing some news about (I think) your area. Praying for all involved.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:39 pm

Holding my breath for Harriet and family. Dh looked up online where dd20 works which is a few campus blocks away so we will hold her in our prayers.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:04 pm

all is well with Dd who is with friend/co-worker t, who has a phone with her. No problems for the group they are with now, just waiting for the signal they can return to normal.

Yes the friends putting two and two together believe Dd and t were at gallery together and therefore were across a good part of campus.

Anonymous text message later says
"Waiting for building to finish being sweeped. (Dd) is ok. She's doing a fantastic job of helping."

So now we have two texts, lol, so we have an abundance of communication.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:34 pm

Harriet: thanks for the update. Literally tears of relief here. ((((Harriet and HRH)))) I'm sure you have a few tears of relief too!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:44 pm

((((Harriet & HRH))))
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Yes, a little when second anonymous text came and then you sort of realize you have been out of touch. We were dependent on her friends deciphering from phone number of first text any detail about who and where. They are very sharp to pinpoint as much as they did.

this is a "city" larger than many towns. Campus stretches out with large population. The work of the responders to this will take a long time.

Note to self:. When you text on behalf of others, identify yourself. Lol. I'm sure everyone is hurrying to do many things and it's the last thing they think of to tell about themselves.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:39 pm

Sooo glad dd is safe, (((Harriet)))!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:38 pm

Happy Birthday RRose.

Happy result day to Harriet and family. I hope everyone is safe, if I get the inference from various posts right.
And for authorities to have a good result too, sweeping up all that/who is needed to be found whilst attempting to hide there and elsewhere.

Prayers for all those needing help to recover from nature doing its thing in canada.
Floods have no respect of cities. I was in admiration for the citizen army who went out sandbagging for the good of all.

Tuesday and today = load of washing done dispite the weather. I'm hoping both lots get dry enough today to come inside even if it awaits the final dryness test sucess to get put away. deferred floors and bed change etc got done yesterday.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:08 pm

Not a HUGE burst of energy, but I did get a LOT of information written down in dmom's family Bible.
Also transferred pics from phone to computer, and this was a HUGE, tedious task, b/c my computer is so slow it is unbelievable. It kept spinning, spinning, saying "not responding," etc... :evil:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”