Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Sunny » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:12 pm

Adding my gratefulness that Harriet's dd and dfriends are safe.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:58 pm

Lynlee, it's a campus of 30,000 people and there was a shooting at one of the buildings. HRH has been able to talk to dd, who got back to her phone by now. She had left behind all her personal belongings to usher patrons visiting, and employees working on an art installation, in the direction they were all supposed to go. Having reached the closet-ed hallway they were supposed to stay, no one was supposed to go back, so she and some of the other employees were dependent on others' willingness to text for them. He says she sounds tired. I'm sure. We just heard that her building has been opened to the student body again, so I'm assuming she'll be able to go out to parking deck and leave for home soon.

Typing that and she got home, safe and sound. She drove home another employee who lives in a dorm, or could have even been here sooner.

I spent several hours this evening sitting at ds' house while he and ddil finally had a date night. Just did some reading.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 01, 2019 12:55 am

Oh, my DHarriet. So glad she is ok.

LadyM, we haven't a clue what the explosion was. If we do have a local FB group I'm not aware of it. We have another neighborhood online group, but when I tried to register there I was required to put my address in. They assigned me to the neighborhood which begins about 6 blocks away and into another county, and this group is oriented mostly up the other direction in that wrong county so would do me little good. I couldn't actually get registered either, so I gave up. Maybe I'll never know about the noise.

Leave it to Sunny to know what all our lizards are called. It is the green anole which is getting rarer and rarer in FL because the other ones which aren't even supposed to be here are chasing them out or eating them or something. At least that's what I read.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed May 01, 2019 12:56 am

hugs to all who need them.

I'm thinking how easy it is to be separated from ones belongings, for all sorts of evacuate now orders Harriet.

So true - there is no going back to get belongings allowed.

I do hope all got through safely. I've been not getting to all the news so much lately so have not heard.

The day has turned sunny here so I'll get the washing in now, and hopefully, away as I fold things from the line.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”