Wonderful Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wonderful Wednesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 01, 2019 8:08 am

I shut down my computer last night so had to re-enter my password this morning. Since my password is related to Harriet's dd20, it reminded me of my relief last night that Harriet had heard from her.

So today is wonderful in that dd20 is safe at home with her family.

What other ways will today be wonderful for you?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wonderful Wednesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 01, 2019 8:19 am

To give you an idea of the depths of my funk, when coming up with a way to open today, I was looking for a "W" word. Nothing useful popped into mind so I turned to my book of words I keep at my computer for alliteration sparks in my writing. The word Wonderful popped off the page. But I had to see it, it was not something my brain went to automatically when thinking of W words.

It is a grey day again. There will be snow/freezing rain/sleet/rain later today. As depressing as this is for a May 1, we are hoping for snow because that will lower the rise of the river. Today is supposed to be peak day and to add 1.5 inches of rain onto the peak is adding insult to injury. So we are all hoping for snow. Or at least some of that falling as snow. It helps that upriver is further north than us so the precipitation they get will likely be the freezing sort.

Apparently the parkway now has lane restrictions because the water is up to the road. Not where I can see, though.

I've been out of bed an hour. A load of laundry in the washer just buzzed, the bed is made, and I've done my light therapy. I made up the May meal plan and sewed a button onto my hat during light therapy time.

Now I need to get dressed and then have breakfast after flipping the laundry and maybe starting another load.

We need to be out of here in an hour because there is an open rehearsal we are attending at the National Arts Centre. A classical guitarist. When we get out of that, the bad weather will have arrived so I need to make sure I wear winter boots and a warm jacket. I just checked the weather to see how cold it is now. The forecast is now worse than it was. An inch of snow, then 1 - 3 inches of rain on top of that.

Edited to add: This is who we are going to see this morning. Apparently it will be eye candy to go along with the beautiful music!

https://nac-cna.ca/en/event/18722?gclid ... O0EALw_wcB

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed May 01, 2019 8:32 am

wonderfully the sun came out
washing got dried and put away
walked the 3k block.

Kathryn - prayers for all the people there, that the flooding does not cause too much devastation.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 01, 2019 8:37 am

Before I take meds/breakfast, just want to say what a welcome relief to see that DD20 got home safe, Harriet. Didn't hear this news until this morning & I can breathe now. Your DD20 is so special in my heart.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 01, 2019 8:45 am

I thought the fake owl would scare them off. And it did for a few hours. Now my little swallow friend is back. Out of all the porches in our neighborhood why ours? So many nice porches, at least one house not occupied. Houses where people don't use the front porch as much as we do. Still, she persists despite my exhortations that this is not her home.

I have much needed body work at 10. I absolutely must start stretching or I am going to seize up altogether. When getting out of the car after an hour of driving, I'm so stiff I can't straighten up immediately and am wobbling side to side for a few steps. (DH remarked on it this weekend as tho it was new and he just hadn't noticed before.) And my glutes and hips hurt a lot of the time.

Otherwise, today's list:
-groceries
-drop off/pick up at cleaners
-gas the car
-get basil into the ground, finish emptying another planter

I need to get going on the rest of a.m. routine, I was up before 7 this morning, which was nice, but I've squandered it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 am

Awakened thinking of blessed and her concerns about caring for her home and lots of $ required right now. I'm sure having a sibling to talk things out with is a lot of help, too. An additional wisdom/experience added on as you and dh ponder this. We have been considering giving our "crawlspace" the moisture barrier that most in our area do not have. Those who do have good reports. Something to think about - the money is eye-opening.

Thanks so much for thinking of us.

Dd came home with many different emotions and thoughts, of course. We talked late. We're all surprised that one thing she feels is guilt - she was spared anything but seeing some frantic moments and having inconvenience, maybe worry that her responsibilities weren't taken care of well, while others faced so much more. Also guilt because all employees who were sheltering will be paid for all the hours, period. She says the consideration given just makes her realize how little she had to give up. She also was angry at some frivolous reactions she saw, having to become "the police" and demand some students stay sheltered no matter what news reports said. Also impressed by some deep grief she saw.

She was up until well after midnight returning calls and texts, lol. The backlog of those who couldn't reach her. We now understand more about the phone. At work she has a walkie-talkie, so she doesn't think often about her phone, left in the desk since personal calls are frowned upon. She had lots of people to talk to - just not her personal friends/life. She felt very confident with the walkie-talkie in her hand the whole time and even checked the loading dock of the building for lock-down without concern, communicating all the time with her boss, who was checking other doors. Every time doors were opened to admit someone new, she had more to chat about and know who to expect to come and shelter.

None of us have approached the news programs yet.

The tentative plan last night was a trip out for flowers to have some normalcy. We'll see. All the materials and supplies for homework and things to turn in for finals, were locked in another building last night, as were many other student's work. She'll just have to decide whether the campus is even approachable today to decide whether we go there, too. It may be best to drop it.

It's the first of the month. Monthly spaces for our brilliant thoughts are popping up all around the village! Places to be encouraging, to complain, to ask for the thoughts of others, to get a pat on the back!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:01 am

How wonderful for you d kathryn - enjoy the concert!!!
thank you for starting us! No matter what sparked you to this lovely beginning; you looked for it - and used it! That's awesome!

well hello hello d lynlee!!!
yay on your day

hello d dee! so sweet
Your DD20 is so special in my heart.
a wonderful girl!

d twins, can you add little silvery thin ribbon to the owl as the movement may help scare it off. we have people put fake swans out on their ponds in hopes to keep away the geese.
re: pain in legs and hips - after exercise (bc of dd's condition) he muscles seize up and is in extreme pain. Her trainer uses a machine that breaks the up the lactic acid in her muscles and she says it's a Godsend. It is expensive, about $600. Right now she doesn't have to own one but she said that she will get one when she can. it pounds her muscles.
Hope your pain goes away!
enjoy your day!!!

hello d Harriet, so happy your sweet dd is safe and sound!

I don't mind sharing what the company offered:
I have lots to decide.

1. to encapsulate the basement, repair two cracks in the wall, fill the cement molds, and put a window well on one window: $4800

2. to do what they want: put a large french drain through out the crawl space is hugely expensive, they would also add a professional dehumidifier which was less than I expected, and add another sump pump for the crawl? (don't know why about that).
If I do all of it, the job would be almost $17,000.00. wow

d harriet - what an amazing young woman you have.

hello hello d all.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed May 01, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 01, 2019 10:09 am

I am glad Harriet's dd is ok.
I had breakfast took meds.
I got my hair brushed out, did 30 on stat bike.
S2s hair is dried x
Book bag is packed.
See j & c for more.
Qt & planning & journal x
Make the bed. X
38* - 67* today's temp. Range SO glad it did not freeze over nite!
Next up Take things out to car.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 01, 2019 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:11 am

I did so much the day before and I shut down .... mmmmm ;) I should know me better!

we were on hold a lot yesterday and then my inner ADHD takes over and I become too lazy to do things.
I took a nap and it affected my sleep (restless) last night. Oh my goodness I overate as well.

I realized I tend to become a victim when I don't do my work.
I wrote a big note for myself:
"Don't be a victim to your own habits; if you don't get the housework or to do's done, don't beat yourself up and act like a victim"
Oh I fell down that rabbit hole - doesn't happen often anymore but I sure fell yesterday ;)

Nice thing is that today I am rested and it is a new day! :D

it is the third day of dark and rainy day's - remembering it will bring flowers and summer days.

TODAY'S HOPE: ANTI PROCRASTINATION DAY
ROOM BY ROOM PUT AWAY
MISSED MY HOME BLESSING YESTERDAY AND I HAVE TO BE OKAY WITH THAT. 8-)

dh is playing with his new car. I am shocked he bought one. So far this morning he has driven the car twice just for the fun of it. It's great for me as he always uses my suv during winter and bad rain and now he can use his car. (it has all wheel drive). Yay for him and for me.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WONDERFUL DAY!

Hi Dear Nancy!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed May 01, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:04 am

I cancelled my freshly tryout. It was tasty but receptive and started to taste the same after awhile.. you know how left overs taste. it was great while I tried it as there were not dishes but I think I just need to simplify my cooking and do it earlier in the day.

Return to “Post When You Can”