Wonderful Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Wonderful Wednesday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Wed May 01, 2019 4:23 pm

-- I read that as MOOSE guy came over
me too!!! :lol:

Dd rescheduled dr. Had babies to deliver till five. So I get groc. And was done by noon, we are both happy.
Bc of dil memorial bbq is Sun.
I finished a movies I started.
Now to look at the book I was goong to enjoy at the hospital.
Got to met dd's neighbor.
Dd is in a much better place emotionally now glad for that.

I got tulips mostly done 44 cents to plant for next years bloom. Also got sage, rosemary, and bee balm. I planted the tulups and the sage, repotted the bee balm and rose mary.
Got curry seasoning to try doing some of my own rub for bbqing.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 01, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 01, 2019 4:24 pm

I watched a movie yesterday & today that has given me a good perspective. I had to stop/start the movie many times because of having children in close proximity. When the children were near I would stop the movie and do something else. When they weren't around then I would watch more of the movie. Going to that much trouble gives a clue how much I liked this movie. It was rated R and had some language. But the overall theme of the movie kept me coming back and watching more. The movie came out about 5 years ago so everyone has probably already seen it. The movie name is About Time and is on Ariver prime & n*tflix. I want to watch it again......or maybe it would be better to just ponder it more since it reminded me how to change my thinking and actions.

We have more thunderstorms moving through our area. So far they staying a couple of miles away from us.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 01, 2019 4:26 pm

I love Lucylee!
But yes, in the words of Charlene Darling, that is a pretty man. :lol:
I had to look it up (from Wikopedia)
For The Andy Griffith Show, Peterson initially read for the role of love interest for Sheriff Andy Taylor, but the role went to Elinor Donahue (Ellie Walker). Soon after, she was selected to play the role of Charlene Darling. The only daughter of Briscoe Darling, she had a crush on Sheriff Taylor ("Pa, can't I just look at the pretty man?").

I didn't sleep but I did rest a little.

DD comes in here with all her complaints and venting, but won't do anything to help herself. I think that's what gets to me. I may write it down on paper to give to her, hoping to get through. Her sinuses hurt all the time but she hasn't seen a doc for a real ck up since before she went to Israel three years ago. She'll go to a quick care and get antibiotics for a sinus infection, but they seem to come right back. And her mental health and anxiety scare me and I start replaying my brother and sister's lives and some aunts and uncles. Maybe I need more therapy, huh?

I did an online order for a baby shower gift - the wedding was just last Oct and the baby is due end of July! This the son (and his wife) of our dear next door neighbor from before we moved, he is a little older than my kids.

Dd spent a couple of hours over here late yesterday afternoon too and I lost my momentum. Was going to go out and get sprinkler programmed when she arrived and before I could the guy who sprays the yard showed up with something to spray, and we needed to let it dry before going on it. :roll: We really could use some rain.

LadyM, we could use some rain, all the weather is staying west and north of us now.

bw2, thank you for your observations! She's also dealing with whether she wants to do this forever...I told her a therapist could help with that also. She is so resistant. So much like dh.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 01, 2019 5:04 pm

Beginning at :15 after the hour I need to work for 45 min and finish a.m. routine and do a handful of other things here. Dh has a meeting and is home late again.

It would be nice to be productive tomorrow. I should make a list, too!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 01, 2019 5:18 pm

Mixed messages, so we stayed away from the school. Buildings were opened, but for hardship - gathering personal needs left behind - so she didn't think her supplies met the criteria.

We decided comfort was needed, so ignored the new chain nursery and went straight to the older, sentimental nursery in small town, under tall canopy of trees. Communed with their established koi, watched the butterflies, listened to the various water structures/birdbaths. Dd took WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY photographs of koi, well-used watering cans and charming greenhouse.

Their pink verbena actually were verbena, thank goodness, and very strong, priced way less than the H I store yesterday. So I'm happy. Dd found two of the neediest plants there, named them Reginald (a spindly escargot begonia likes shade) and Eleanor (a root-matted double miniature calibracchia likes sun), and set about to give them a good home in the same pot :? so they won't be lonely. This is how she thinks. In fairness, the nursery was showing them beside each other, so she believes they will do well. We are used to this. This is why she brought home the ugliest hurt fish in the store a few years ago.

The young man called and asked permission to come by after work and HRH said why would you even ask, which made dd happy. So he'll come and they'll sit on the porch and talk, and things will be even more back to normal.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 01, 2019 5:28 pm

DGD7 is home from school with a rating of 90% good on her day. She deducted 10% because she has homework to do. I love that is her biggest problem.

I gave her a glass of milk and a peanut butter sandwich to eat while she does homework. She eats lunch before 11am so gets hungry before Wed evening 6pm dinner time.

Public school has been canceled tomorrow because our baseball team is playing in state finals. A large percentage of our little town will be at the game. DS10 and DGD7 have zero interest in watching baseball game so we aren't going to make the 160 mile drive (round trip) to watch them play.

I am enjoying listening to the youtube music video's posted.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 01, 2019 6:17 pm

Done. I got flowers from the grocery into a vase, programmed the sprinkler (I hope!) got the two basil plants into the planters/beds, finished a.m. routine, moved a fern from back porch where it's getting too hot, to the front, and watered ferns, and I can't think what else. I am sneezing to beat anything now; Muffin just left the room to get away from me. Oh, and I set back up the chairs around the firepit where the wind had knocked them down.

I put a couple of things on the list for tomorrow. Worst thing is that I need to empty that kitchen cabinet by 11 a.m. for the bug man. :?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Driving rain and wind now.

Dh and I went for a walk around the flood area so I'll cross 10K steps today (2 days in a row!) No need for volunteers now, it is up to professionals. They have dug access to the storm sewer catchment basin and are pumping that water over the sandbag wall into the flooded field. That means the drains on the street go down a bit and can take the sump water being pumped out of about 6 basements. Three others are pumping directly into the flooded field.

The homeowners down there are not allowed to use their sewage systems beyond sponge bath and brush teeth. So portapotties are set up along the street with hand washing stations. The nearest community centre with showers is open extended hours for them. That's over a mile away, though.

I've done nothing since coming back from that walk. I started laundry before I left so I'll reboot that.

I had a nice dinner planned but no energy to create it so we are heating up leftover pizza. I had a couple of cups of tea but they've done nothing to inspire me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:16 pm

you know those wild moose!!! lol.

hello hello!

finished home blessing.

waving and will be back hopefully soon
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 01, 2019 10:58 pm

Porch talk for about an hour and a half. First time I've ever knocked at the inside of the door of my house, lol, but I didn't want to just walk into their conversation. I was actually surprised they were still there. They went out to eat when I pointed out it was getting late. We gave the young man a t-shirt.

HRH's family visitors expect to arrive at noon tomorrow. I spent extra time on the front bathroom to make sure of comfort there. Don't totally know the needs, but I know these folks don't feel strong.

hi to Sunny.

I think I'm going to surprise you all and go to bed on time. What a concept. Nitey-nite.

Return to “Post When You Can”