Thursday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thursday 5 x 5

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 02, 2019 4:35 pm

Oven, vacuuming and mopping done. Now I'm really tired but that's the house blessing is done except for dusting dh's office which is his job. I've left the duster in there for him.

I'm getting tired of looking at all the Kom-mari stuff in the office. I hope I can get a push on and finish so I can fold up that table and dispose of, or control better, all those boxes before dh leaves in June. My accountant's meeting is May 15 and I'm preaching on the 12th so I'm pretty swamped until then. I had hoped to knock off 3 more categories before tomorrow afternoon but I have a church audit in the morning so that's not likely. Getting rid of things is part of the problem. Tomorrow afternoon dd is doing a free-stuff giveaway to her Buy Nothing group so I'm joining in there. But I've only done half the apartment so far. Saturday morning is an electronics recycle so that takes care of a small box of items. Sunday was hazardous waste except there's only 2 light bulbs, one spray can, and a lighter in there so I'll wait until the fall. I did the rest of the stuff in January.

Dh and I have decided on Subway for dinner.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Yes, LadyM, Float away! So glad all is well!

I have gotten everything back into my cabinets, and did a little purging and relocating along the way. I did not sort out all the stuff in the "junk drawer organizer" thingie. Just couldn't face it. I've gotten so much done today. I'm going to set a timer and stretch next and my 5 x 7 or 5 x 5 is done!

I need to drop off an old printer for recycling tomorrow, and glass as well. Also for Goodwill (if they take it) I have a section of the rubbermaid type metal coated closet shelves in my car. Loaded all that in when I swept the garage.

While I'm on a roll, I texted dnephew and his wife about their address so I can send some photos to them.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 02, 2019 5:29 pm

Passed Lady m on the way in. Is she taller, all of a sudden?

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 02, 2019 6:16 pm

I got a good report from doctor.
Very good news indeed, LadyM. Am so glad. I would be floating on that cloud as well!

RR, I've been 'off' the last couple of days and completely missed your birthday on Tuesday. I'd been thinking about it coming up all month since we had so little in April and then simply missed it. You're thought of every day however. Happy Belated Birthday!

Had some leftovers from A pplebees (Tuesday night) for dinner. Still couldn't finish it all. We have a very favorite waitress there. She always manages to bring us an appetizer of sorts (this time it was fried shrimp). Then she asked if we wanted dessert & we said no. Next we knew there was a brownie sundae on the table -she said, "I don't listen well". :lol: I had $$ left on an A pplebee's card & on a V isa card so didn't have to come up with any other $$ -even for a tip.

Think Sunny & Harmony might be getting lots of rain. We however are getting very little right now.

Went to breakfast with dbil/dsisil & her dsis this morning. Then dsisil asked if I wanted to go to their house for a while. But, I declined. I didn't go to sleep until after 3am & I was tired. Made sure I was up early to be ready when they came to pick me up. They asked if I missed having a car but I really don't this year any way. We'll see what next year brings.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 02, 2019 6:34 pm

I still need a dinmer plan. Considering peanut butter san.! :lol:
Got a smallish plum tree with wicked thorns dug out in the back yard counting that for my exercise.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 02, 2019 7:21 pm

At the theatre now. Had to pick up the tickets from the box office so came early. There's a bus tour tonight so they hurried us in to avoid the crowds. So things went well.

I've picked up the next seasons info so I can start planning.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Today's been tiring but good. HRH's 3 dear family members who came have several physical difficulties, and it turns out one is on oxygen, which we didn't know. But it was a good visit and we were so glad it could happen. I took some photos, although I couldn't get the kind I wanted, with all together. While they were here, one of their younger family members called them from Jerusalem, where he is on a trip, so that was an interesting slice of life to hear about his experiences. Dd got home from work before they left, so she got to see them, too.

Afterward, last minute errands were done just before 5 to complete a "by 5", even though I didn't know this morning everything I was going to try to do, lol. Certainly more than 5 things were managed.

A Ta-Da from last evening was that I ordered "Mother's Day" gifts from snap fish for ddil and dd39. Of course, even though that's thoughtful of me, I really need to think about dmil!!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 pm

Good news LadyM!

Dee, we sure got a lot of rain this afternoon. I drove the 45 minute trip to get my eye drops in a light drizzle the whole way. By the time I got out it was raining harder. It was spotty on the way down to the near town so I popped into a store and got caught in there because it was a torrent outside. Lightning and thunder and the lights even flickered out a couple times. I was in there a long while waiting for the rain to let up because I was way back in the parking lot.

Got tired waiting and went out in heavy rain. Came home chilled and wet...first thing I did is get dry clothes on. Couldn't seem to feel warm most of the evening. Didn't get to one store I wanted to check out.

Had a burger on the way home. I rarely do that. Just wanted something warm in me.

Did a LOL after getting home and hung everything up on the porch under the roof. Don't know if that counts for 5 things, but I was busy all day!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 am

I didn’t get the 5x whenever that I listed — will try for that list tomorrow — but let’s see, maybe I got 5 other things done...
— called dmom to remind her of PT appt
— bank
— post office
— called dh’s cousin to check on him (he’s been in hospital)
— movie night with ddil and dgd
— got dmom’s Mother’s Day present
— walked away the pounds 15 min

That’s pretty good, I guess.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”