Thursday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Thursday 5 x 5

Postby Harmony » Thu May 02, 2019 11:06 am

Great song, blessed!

Twins, sorry about DH's diagnosis. I hope he is successful to head it off without medicine.

I have done 2 of the 5x5 so far. Yesterday I ran the sweeper around the places where I'd been working on all that paperwork. I tried to keep them corralled, but staples went everywhere. Last night I noticed my shoulder was sore. This new sweeper is very top heavy and bothers my arm to use it. DH likes it, so he ran it all over for me this morning. I picked up everything off the floor in a couple rooms as he went around.

I also did dailies and I called the eye place to see if I can get another bottle of eye drops. I'm sure I will be out this weekend, when I shake it I can't hear anything inside the bottle, though I got a drop out this morning. Don't want to run out this weekend. Waiting to hear from them that it has arrived and I will have to drive up to their office to pick up. Coming back down through the northern town I will stop at a couple places and get some steps in.

I have updated a couple spreadsheets. 1 more to go and I'm all caught up so far this year.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 02, 2019 11:47 am

Twins - It sounds like your DH is motivated to make some changes. When my DH received the diabetic diagnosis it was a game changer in many ways.

I called the doctor office to make an appt to get results of yesterday's test. She checked to make sure the test results had arrived and then was able to shift some things around and I have an appt this afternoon.

I am ready for the sun to show up. We have water standing everywhere from all of the rain we have received. My plants are waterlogged. I ordered a small battery powered sump pump to remove water from the containers. Hopefully, the plants won't drown before I can get the water away from their roots. I am reminding myself that this amount of water is nothing compared to the flooding that Kathryn's community is experiencing.

I am distracted and not mentally focusing well. Simple things that I do every day without thinking are not getting done now. Yesterday I forgot to take my wallet with me. I was on the interstate before I realized it. I had to drive 10 miles before I could get to an exit to get off the interstate and come back home. I drove 28 miles extra because of my lack of mental clarity and focus.

I need to jump into my routines and let them carry me through this clueless thinking patch. Just do the next thing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 02, 2019 12:23 pm

LadyM, my dh is either 110% or nothing. It's the nothing that does him in because the 110% eventually wears off. At 110% he will describe to me every detail of food he's eaten all day, what he did at the gym and how many, probably his blood sugar now, and every other detail of his health journey. He will hurt his body at the gym and walking and exercising because he's at 110% and doesn't know moderation and already has arthritis in his feet and back and his weight hasn't helped it. He had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago and I think he's still way under what he weighed then but has gained back so much and his tummy has relearned how to eat all those foods they told him he wouldn't be able to eat - all except carbonated beverages. I've suggested he see a therapist to talk about why he feels the need to eat like this and according to him it's boredom and he knows that already. :shock: (DD didn't fall far from the tree.) I'm so glad he's motivated to make some changes but I have to wonder whether he can make changes stick long term. I'm not one to talk because I've been on the WOE (Way of eating) partially for a couple of years and while I"m 10 lbs under my high I'm only slightly below the obese level. I'm hoping he's more accepting of some of the food changes I've wanted to make.

Sorry about the book I wrote!

Two things off my five are done - the garage is swept and looks so much better, and I took care of the emails. Next week I have 10 or 10:30 meetings TU W and TH. The bug man has come and gone and I can reload everything when it all dries, so that should be soon.

I think I'll go see dmom around 1 p.m. - soon, and I'll sit for a few and ck my BP.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Dishwasher is going.
Headimg to get laundry folded.x
I need a meal plan for dinnrt tonite.
Next up journaling.x
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 02, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu May 02, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi everyone! I am letting a long running query go. Last night, in honor of anti-procrastination, I weeded part of the back yard. Then, I ate out because I had a migraine earlier in the day. After that was groceries, LOLs put away, and goof off time. The latter lasted too long. The LOLs are almost complete, there are maybe 5 items still on my bed. However, I forgot a load that was in the dryer.

The new cat needs a dental. I asked the vet to estimate her age (5 to 7 years), and he found a resorption lesion. This girl has led a rough life, I'm glad she is with me now. Tomorrow, I have a lunch with coworkers, so I don't need to deal with packing lunch tonight.

Tonight's list:
pickup DD17
cat meds
dinner
homework for her, something useful for me
drop off DD
more useful stuff (finish financial project and reclaim kitchen table?)
more cat meds

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu May 02, 2019 1:36 pm

Awww, thank you, Twins and blessed. Y’all are too sweet!
I’m afraid I’ve really fizzled out this morning! Still sitting around in pj’s.

The 5x5 has been a great tool, however, I must say. I’ve always had a list but generally, it was a WEEKLY list. 5x5 makes it much more specific and helps move me away from thinking “I’ll do that latter.” Cards are good reminders, but it’s too easy for me to ignore anything except the top card, and if I don’t want to do that one, I might just ignore the whole stack.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 02, 2019 3:18 pm

I agree on the 5 x 5 list Lucylee. Some of my things weren't that important in the big scheme of things but I've been procrastinating over.

I need to get my kitchen back together now. I also need to stretch to finish 5 x 5. DH is coming home for supper - thought we were going out with friends but we didn't get back to them soon enough and I think they made other plans.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 02, 2019 3:27 pm

I got tidying, dusting and most of the vacuuming done. Also all the weekly kitchen chores, ran the self-cleaning oven (still have to wipe that out) and put away the clothes from the drying rack and dryer. And I walked to bank to deposit two cheques after opening all the mail.

When I write that out, no wonder I've fizzled out.

I'll try and get the rest of the vacuuming done and mop the kitchen floor.

We have the theatre tonight. I was planning on going out for dinner but had a late lunch and dh had a big lunch out. So we aren't very hungry.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 02, 2019 3:41 pm

I got a good report from doctor. I think I will just hang around on cloud 9 for awhile and enjoy the good news.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 02, 2019 4:30 pm

Float, LadyM, float!

Return to “Post When You Can”