Thursday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 02, 2019 8:32 am

In honor of Lucylee's late night accomplishments in Wednesday PWYC, I'm calling for a 5 x 5 or 5 x 7 or your own size Thursday as your needs require. The day is ours to win with our achievements, however small or large, make them yours.

Set your goals, your timing and GO!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 am

So I need to figure out my five... probably by seven p.m., even though we are going out to dinner tonight with friends, I believe.

I know the first is dealing with the bug man. We've had ants wandering through sporadically and last night (after I called yesterday) they were particularly active when they found leftover gatorade unattended.

Will report back on remainder of my five...a.m. routine underway already and I was up before the alarm. (How did that happen????)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:37 am

I love LucyLee
d twins so do I

good day to you d twins!!!
5 x 5's are perfect!

wishing you and everyone a great day
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu May 02, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:42 am

I have been thinking (I know you don't like the focus on you d harriet) about how powerful it was that d harriet and her dd spent time together in a peaceful spot in nature to find peace. What a wise and good mom d Harriet is!

We decided comfort was needed, so ignored the new chain nursery and went straight to the older, sentimental nursery in small town, under tall canopy of trees. Communed with their established koi, watched the butterflies, listened to the various water structures/birdbaths. Dd took WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY photographs of koi, well-used watering cans and charming greenhouse.

This is something your dd will remember d harriet; it will soften the events of the other day at school for her.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:48 am

today is my errand day and of course it is dark and rainy (4th day in a row of rain but also we have had the same (rain or snow) for the last many Thursdays).
I do need a little time in nature so I think since I will be near the lake that I might walk along the beach if there isn't any lightening.
I need to free my mind a little bit because I am feeling stressed/playing victim to myself , *, a bit.

* "I can't catch up", other homes are in better shape, other women can do this, and I can go on for miles ;) (this is an old habit that pops up once in a while. I need to get that out of brain or it can get stuck there. 8-) ;)
(time in nature will help me)

before I leave:

1. make sure I have everything on my list in my purse (with my cards etc.) - put walking pole in car
2. print out paper for aunt and drop off
3. morning routine including water inside plants
4. pack care with donations
5. get cash to carry with - $20 is good

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu May 02, 2019 9:00 am

Good morning, villagers ~
So glad that Harriet's DD is ok. What a nightmare situation for everyone.

I had to run to the grocery store yesterday because we received a surprise invitation from DH's family to supper on Saturday night with the theme of Cinqo de Mayo. No, no one in the family comes from Mexico, but they will use any excuse for a party! :lol: We haven't seen any of DH's siblings for a very long time. Other family members had already said they're bringing tacos, refried beans, chips & salsa, Spanish rice, etc. I recently tasted a friend's version of Mr. Food's Mexican Corn Bread Salad and she gave me her recipe, so that's what we'll take to the pot luck. It can be used for either a main dish or a side dish.

Anyway, I was out of the pinto beans and sour cream needed for the recipe, with no acceptable substitutions for those in the pantry. Of course, I went into the store for 2 things and came out with half a cart full, but that was taking advantage of good sale prices like eggs for 99 cents, a prepackaged chopped salad, and a chicken breast to try a new recipe for supper last night. It was a nice quick trip to get me out of the house.

Today I'll do some desk work before going to the library for my normal Thursday shift.

We are doing final preparations for Summer Reading Program. Yes, hard to believe, but the kids only have 1 more month of school. Registration for summer activities begins Monday. We sign up families for 2 weeks and then the actual activities start on May 20th. Our kids had several snow days and at one point they were in danger of having to extend through the first week of June. The school was able to make up some days, though, so the last day of this semester will be May 31st. At the library the last half of May we will do a "soft start" with limited activities, mostly to give the families the summer calendars and let the kids get used to the idea of still coming to the library all summer. The real action will start June 1st and our children's librarian has organized lots of special programs.

Good thing we have a preview screen here because yikes my typing is bad this morning. Need more coffee! ;)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 02, 2019 9:39 am

Hello, dear friends. Dd's co-worker friend T who worked with her Tuesday said that her mother asked her on a hike together yesterday and how nice the time was. The two girls had mentioned to each other that's it's interesting their Moms pulled them toward quiet outdoor activities. Her car-pooler friend who also worked that day arrived this a.m. and I gave her a hug. They are off to deal with finishing the art installation no one's addressed since Tuesday.

I need to get a brunch into the two of us here and learn what else HRH may know about what his family members hope for, while they're here through the afternoon.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 02, 2019 10:09 am

I am up and aroud today.

1 qt x
2 journaling
3 planning x
4 fetch & fold laundry out of the dryer.
5 get Rx
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 02, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 am

My five for today:
-deal with bug man and kitchen cabinet (may need to leave it empty overnight?)
-see dmom
-health - ck bp and stretch 10 min
-sweep garage
-email response to two events next week

I've finished a.m. routine and emptied the kitchen drawer we call the "junk" drawer. It holds meds and a lot of other important things but winds up with a little bit of everything

Dh called to report that his doctor pronounces him diabetic. His A1C yesterday was 8 and his fasting blood sugar was 150. :shock: He's had borderline high A1C before but never like this. Doc wanted to put him on metformin but dh suggested that he would work on his diet first. Doc also prescribed yesterday Qysmia since dh had asked for it. https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1623 ... al/details Dh has been overeating 24-7 the last few months. He was reciting off all the things he shouldn't eat and I told him he should eat like I do. I haven't lost weight but I don't eat sugar, pasta and bread (except out) and a lot of those other things.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:32 am

a quick wave to d book, d harriet, d kathryn, d nancy, d twins and everyone. so lovely to see you here.

I finished looking for forms for d aunt, spoke to brother (I will say d brother :D ). about getting her into a good dr. instead of fiddling around with what she has. He may have to put me on the health power of attorney, if she agrees. (it's all up to her and i totally understand if she doesn't).
I am trying to straighten something out for her and I hope they get back to me so that we can get the ball rolling.

time to get moving...this song went through my head :D 8-)
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rawhide
Keep rollin', rollin', rollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them dogies rollin', rawhide
Through rain and wind and weather
Hell bent for leather
Wishin' my gal was by my side
All the things I'm missin'