Friday PWYC Deja Vu 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Friday PWYC Deja Vu 5 x 5

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 03, 2019 5:40 pm

I don't have 5 items and it hasn't been a great day but not bad. Big rocks were dealt with.

The church books audit (#1 of 2) has been done. This one is always super easy. I also got in a walk and dropped off a set of advent candles at the church office and saw the minister. I love him so much I really don't want to change churches simply because if I needed pastoral care I'd want him. On the other hand, he is on 3/4 time so if I needed him between June to September, I'd be out of luck. So I'm better off at a church with a full-time minister.

Dh had a doctor's appointment and our doctor is out in that village so I went with him and walked to my meeting. Then dh drove over and watched movies on his tablet until I was finished. On the way home we stopped in at the carpet store. They didn't have the carpet I had chosen from the online store but we found another we like that comes in a bigger size. We took the measurements home with us.

Once I had a late lunch (the last of my turkey soup), we measured both the living and dining rooms, then moved the existing carpet to the living room (which just had a smaller foyer rug being used under the coffee table.) I don't like the colour but I think I like have a proper sized area rug since the furniture is mostly on it.

The dining room really needs a bigger rug, so we'll go with the new pattern we found today in the dining room and then get either a smaller one for the living room in the same pattern or the original pattern I had gone to see.

This place has a 100% refund so we can order the 2 and then take back one and exchange for the other pattern or just return completely (not likely to happen.)

I was to man a 'giveaway' of stuff at dd's but the weather is too foul. I won't bother going in the morning because that conflicts with the electronics recycle. So I won't seem them until Monday at the earliest.

Dh just reported we don't have enough chicken in the freezer for dinner so we are going out. We could have steak but I offered dh the chance to go out instead. He just received two $100 gift cards as a thank you for work he did on a friend's website, so it won't cost us anything.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:14 pm

glad some big rocks are put out of the way d kathryn

hello all

finally finished my morning routine.
my zone work is done.
dinner is done
and I am tired. 8-)

tomorrows hope: garden work (if it doesn't rain again). :lol:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 03, 2019 7:31 pm

I have been dragging today. I did get to some more weeding. Decided not to mow.
I think allergies have kicked in.
H. Has to work tomorrow but should be off in time for the thing at dson's for dil.

Next 5 /
Eggs are cooling so I can prep. For deviling them to take.
I spent 7 min. X 3 Changing out winter clother with summer clothes glad for yhat progress some how that zone got skipped last week. Yea for that
progress.
Eggs are peeled.
Laundry is going.
I start dinner in a few min.
Got water ready for h to soak his foot / toe in foot soak underway now.
71* outside now today's high temp.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 03, 2019 9:03 pm

I'm so frustrated about the weather being too bad to get rid of the two overflowing boxes of giveaway I have.

Some could be donated to a thrift store but some is better to hand out at a 'garage sale' type event. Like the little box of sewing random notions. My own communities garage sale day isn't for a month and I'm quite sad at the thought of having to wait for that. I had a plan, and once again, the weather has screwed me over.

Still doing the light therapy btw because we haven't had sun since Tuesday. Tomorrow is supposed to be OK, and we might get over 68 (for the first time in about 210 days) on Sunday. But I've learned not to believe the forecasts until they happen.

The flood peaked yesterday and so things will get slowly better. The city is pumping the sewage 3 blocks for the neighbour in the flood zone so they can go back to using their toilets and taking showers. They are working on a permanent fix but for now, temporary is appreciated. They say it will take 3 weeks for the water to recede completely. For those who were flooded directly by the river, everything that was touched by flood water will have to tossed. Cleaning is not likely an option because the sewage of all the septic fields flooded upriver has mixed with the river water.

The woman I was auditing today has lost her cottage. It wasn't much, just a trailer and a sleeping cabin with a washroom, but it will all be contaminated.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 03, 2019 9:52 pm

Flooding always leaves behind such a horrible mess, doesn’t it? I can’t even imagine how Indian would begin the clean up! (((Hugs))) and prayers for all those in Kathryn’s area affected by this.

Well... y’all, I’m sorry. I’ve totally lost another day. I did go outside and walk for about 25 minutes. That’s it. Seems like I spent a lot If time on the phone. Dmom and ddil have BOTH been extremely talkative lately!

Went to bank to deposit $ from our renter.
Spent a lot of time on the phone and computer trying to find best deal for tickets next week... still confused, will have to make another call tomorrow.

Yesterday’s list is still staring at me...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”