Friday PWYC Deja Vu 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Friday PWYC Deja Vu 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 03, 2019 1:30 pm

-Walk with dfriendM
-stretch and ck BP
-get materials to send photos to dnephew and to wrap baby gift for shower tomorrow
-15 min in garage
-Empty flower pots in front, refill and get geraniums & asparagus ferns settled in

Back from very nice walk. We also went to a veggie stand in the area and got some wonderful strawberries and veggies.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Almost 2 p.m. here, I need to get moving again. I did make a DPC, and then talk to E, my genealogy friend for our monthly check in. I'll need to s2s before going to temple later too.

I should run out right now, I can get envelope and gift wrap at the nearby CVS, I think. Before that tho, since I've been sitting awhile, I'll ck BP.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:56 pm

went out to lunch with dh
all the recycling went
and all the free stuff went- newer container boxes etc. (I had it on the front stoop).
dropped off donation with dh.
tickled pink - a little weight off my shoulders.

one down, only 25 billion zillion to go - okay just joking - only 1 million 500 things 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Home from a successful but extremely wet homeschool event. DS10 and DGD7 loved it.

I heard the thunder before the rain started. I told the kids "Come on, we are leaving now". They wanted to stay with their group but I wanted to be inside the vehicle ASAP. I'm not afraid of storms but I have a healthy respect for lightning and don't want to be hanging around outdoors when it is hitting nearby. We ended up getting drenched by the time we made it to the car. The rain came in a downpour. The kids were squealing. I told the kids not to run because the water was about 2" deep and we were going over rough ground. I reminded them they would not melt. ANYway, we arrived home safely but totally soaked and with some good memories made.

My 5x5 =
1.Take kids to homeschool classes
2. Pump extra water out of plant containers.
3. Try the new BBQ place that a DFriend is opening today
4. Contact septic guy
5. Menu planning & calendar updated.

Where is CathyS????
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 03, 2019 3:08 pm

yay to you all!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 03, 2019 3:40 pm

-Walk with dfriendM
-stretch and ck BP
-get materials to send photos to dnephew and to wrap baby gift for shower tomorrow
-15 min in garage
-Empty flower pots in front, refill and get geraniums & asparagus ferns settled in

One of the gift bags for this shower tomorrow was too small, so I need to return and try again. I will try to do that before I head to temple. I'm going to pack and address the envelope with photos for dnephew and dniece as a substitute for my list completion. I also registered today for a week long genealogy institute in June too. Trying to get my mojo back. :D

And on to the two planters in front...

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 03, 2019 3:41 pm

I'm lurking more than posting these days LadyM!

Hi.

I've been doing a lot of cross stitching because the cats are starting to look like cats.

We are going out for supper tonight to our new favourite fish and chips place in St. Catharines.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 03, 2019 4:14 pm

Cathy - Glad to see your CI.

My 5x5 =
1.Take kids to homeschool classes
2. Pump extra water out of plant containers.

3. Try the new BBQ place that a DFriend is opening today
4. Contact septic guy
5. Menu planning & calendar updated.

I am overwhelmed with menu planning so am going to just focus on planning breakfast meals. #BabySteps
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 03, 2019 4:29 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE!

A couple nights ago when I was here very very late I saw her "light" on, so she is around. I hope she comes out of hiding!

Some organizing stuff at my desk done. I am working in the master closet and the dresser back there. I'm having to figure some stuff out so it's slow going.

2 phone calls took some time. DGSon and DSis! :lol: :lol: Come on in and talk to us!!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri May 03, 2019 4:49 pm

Happy Birthday Sadie!

Hello to everyone.

5 x 5 is always works well for me. If I have a day where things can happen as they may I don't usually follow a list. However, there are days when I have to work around a planned event such as Dr. appointment, etc., then the 5 x 5 is followed more closely.

My loose 5 x 5 today:
load of laundry; wash, dry and put away
start weekly cleaning: sweep and mop floors
brush dog
desk work: gathering important paperwork, making copies
call dcousin RE: lunch date next week confirming day and time
Extra:
more research on future city

I had a lovely phone call with dsis this afternoon; always happy to talk with her. I also had a phone call from ds#2-J who was on his way home from work. He will be here tomorrow after his half-day work to do some yard work.

Ds#3-T called last night on his way to pick up our dgson17 from a JrROTC event. He wanted to let me know that he had the results of his MRI on his left hand that he had hurt more than a month ago. He has a torn ligament in his wrist and will need surgery. There is some cysts that showed up also that he hopes will be taken care of at the same time. He has to call surgeon on Monday for office appointment. He also told us that ddil-A's dmom was in the hospital and had surgery yesterday for infection and perforation of bowel; they're not sure just how long she will be in hospital.

Lady M, so happy for you with good news on your tests!

Yesterday I said to dh that we should go grocery shopping early before the storms that were predicted for our area started. We were out by 11 am and home again by 1:30. The rain started just as we finished supper and we had lightning and thunder off and on till 11:30 p.m. We got a fair amount of rain, but we've had worse summer storms than this one.

DMinnie is looking at me with pleading eyes...I think she's telling me she wants her supper! And I need to decide on what we are having also....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”