A new day - isn't that a blessing Saturday May 4, 2019

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: A new day - isn't that a blessing Saturday May 4, 2019

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Oh, Dee, I'm so sorry you had a bad night. Would a big OMM list today help with all the going home stuff?

I'm ready and need to head out. I will go by the store from yesterday and get a bigger bag and then pick up dd. I'm wishing my car was in the garage today - still drizzling out there.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:00 pm

sorry you had a bad night d dee!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:03 pm

quick hi - before heading outside. We ended being at the car repair place and rental place (they messed up on the type of vehicle she needed - she works and lives in the city where you need a small car: they wanted to give her a regular truck with flatbed. WE ended up waiting for quite awhile so they could deliver a small car from another place (she had ordered a small car in the first place). That's small stuff.

We took a different road for our almost weekly/bi weekly drive and it was beautiful. Really lovely and really relaxing.

time for me to head to get those weeds. Don't be too excited.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 04, 2019 2:18 pm

I spent some time outside painting and fertilizing. I was waiting for the sunshine which didn't show. Even without the sunshine being outside breathing fresh air always uplifts my spirits.

DS10 has had 2 friends here playing for about 4 hours. I gave them some money to go buy lunch at DFriends new BBQ place (about 1/2 mile from here). I may be a bad person but I don't want to be feeding the neighborhood kids on a regular basis. I do it occasionally as a treat (3-4 times a month). I am 100% fine with providing drinks every time they are here but young boys can eat as much as a horse!

DS10 had a wreck on his bicycle. His has scraped knee where he slide on the pavement. After getting it cleaned up he went right back outside and got back on his bike.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Heal quick, LadyM's ds10!

I've also been outside planting, also without sun, but that made it easier to stay out. Got the drainage holes drilled in the galvanized planter and planted it with sun-tolerant flowers and foliage plants. Also added more shade plants with the others.

I'm so glad I held out for the verbena - they are happy-making! just keep getting prettier and bigger. We have at least one hummingbird, which hasn't happened in several years. (we think we see 2, but I'd defy anyone to be sure about hummingbirds - whoosh!) I think bi-color pink/white verbena is the favorite that gave us a "welcome" sign for them again. Dd20 was helping me with some cockscomb from the local nursery when she noticed an earthworm came along in their soil. So I believe that nursery is as organic as they say they are.

Laundry going at the same time.

Household Desk Day through to mailbox.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:32 pm

taking a muddy break - all the water has saturated the veggie flower garden -
I weeded most of one half and now have to pick up all the weeds I pulled and threw to the edge.
if I was younger, I probably would stay outside all day long and weed and weed but again I am hoping to go the the a luminary festival at the gardens tonight. I don't mind going by myself.

dd older is going to a friends MBA graduation party tonight.

a gross thing... our umbrella was out all winter (I couldn't get it out) but it was closed . I opened it today and 43 dead stink bugs wee stuck in the umbrella - gross.

hello all - have a great evening or morning - which ever it may be.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 04, 2019 3:55 pm

We're up the valley and settled into the hotel now. The electronics and a bag of clothing are out of the apartment.

I used this Konmari list

https://s3.amazonaws.com/konmaricheckli ... cklist.pdf

and printed it off, whited-out the things I didn't need to do (like furniture) and wrote in things I do (like the table linens, centrepiece decorations, travel supplies). I'd already done the kitchen by the time I printed off the list so that was a good chunk I could cross off immediately. I will still go back and do clothing and books (last done 3 years ago) so left those on the printout.

The drive up went smoothly. I started the planning for next year's concerts and plays. Dh wants us to travel in September so that eliminates 3 events I had on the list. And a concert dh wanted to attend is while he's in Africa next year so he'll miss out. I have to do both plays and concerts at the same time so I don't mess up and double book us. I can't actually buy the tickets for the plays until August but the concerts have to be booked by May 15 to save 20%.

I also created the comparison chart for cars, making note of the features we want and writing them all down. I have the stats for 2 vehicles so I'll fill those in and then we'll add others as we look seriously at them. The websites are so uninformative, I figure it is faster to go to each dealer than to look online. Pictures of cars the right shape but no sense of scale and no listing of measurements. In most cases I have to go elsewhere to find things like gas mileage. In our case mileage is one of the top priorities (higher than price) so when this is missing from a website I just want to say, "Fine, I won't bother considering your car at all because it must be really, really, bad if you are hiding that sort of information." Dh, on the other hand, really wants a prestige car this time so won't let me flip the bird to certain companies.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:47 pm

what a great list d kathryn

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:48 pm

I had a huge list today and almost finished weeding the veggie garden on one side.
I did clean up after myself and washed the tools etc.
all told I worked 3-1/2 hours. (wow my young days I could get a lot more done in less time 8-) :D :D :D :D

gym shoes and gloves are in the washing machine. d old dog was happy to be outside with me.

off to shower and then do morning routine HOPEFULLY.

ta ta

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 04, 2019 5:09 pm

I think I have been busy straight through since I posted earlier, and I got home 30 minutes ago. I got ready, got out of the house and ended buying two gift bags because I didn't want to be wrong again. I probably should have reused a bag from here - I bet I could have found something. So dd had to try to put it together in the car and she was frustrated at me. :roll: We finally got there (I picked her up at temple and then it was up the mountain) and we had a great time and I dropped her back at temple.

I feel sleepy now - would like a nap but it's too late in the day, I think.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”