A new day - isn't that a blessing Saturday May 4, 2019

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

A new day - isn't that a blessing Saturday May 4, 2019

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWZ23VZ3Wcg

Sometimes we get stuck inside our homes and our heads. We forget to remember how amazing and faith renewing our world is.
That's why I shared this video.

Today is a new day, new ideas, new experiences, resilience and hope.
No matter what happens today remember the beauty that naturally is going outside of your world and let that give you peace.

For today, don't over goal, move with the flow of your work and find time for you, for peace in nature (even if you can't go out), and let the positive into your heart.

Yes, you will always have work to do but that doesn't define who you are and doesn't have to overtake you.
Today do your work but find time to see joy in the smallest things!

"With a new day comes new strength and thoughts"
Eleanor Roosevelt

Be your own advocate. You get this one day! isn't that a blessing.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: A new day - isn't that a blessing Saturday May 4, 2019

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:06 am

Yesterday we had the most stunning sunset that I have seen in a long time. Dh and I were in Awe (Gobsmacked) by the colours and the expanse of it. The miracle of it all!

I remember seeing my babies when they were first born and feeling how amazing that these sweet children had lived in me until their time to become part of the world had come. Just looking in their faces made me realize what a miracle was.

I have had lots of these moments, but as I have gotten older I haven't always taken the time to get out and appreciate what is always going on around me. I get stuck in what I think is my need or purpose is for the day (my plan). I do look at the small things and find beauty in them but sometimes a forget to take in the big picture that life will go on around me so I might as well grab those awe inspiring moments (for me it's a spiritual event)

yeah I sound philosophical (lol) but every so often I need to remember of how big the world is outside of me. I love that Spiritual awe inspiring feeling. ok that's enough of me being goofy. lol.

Time for the day:
tonight my goal is for a grill, fire pit or fire place
work in the garden
plant the bulbs that were forced inside.
wash the family room windows on the outside
car and purse day.
dd older and dh are taking her car that got hit to the body shop and pick up a rental car.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 04, 2019 9:13 am

Blessed - Thank you for this start. I needed this reminder.

DD is going to come get DGD7 and spend the day with her. It has been 3 days since DD has spent time with DGD7. I don't like the direction this is going but anything I do will only make it worse. DGD7 is safe & happy being here so I'm just going to think of it as a blessing.

Today is the only day without prediction of rain in the next 10 day forecast. We have water standing everywhere so are limited on what we can do outside. But we can at least be outside without raining falling today so that's what I am going to do. The sun is supposed to show itself around 11am and I want to spend as much time as I can outside soaking up the sunshine.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 04, 2019 10:15 am

I'm up but not much to show for the day.

Learned how to combine photos in MS Paint so I could post a comparison photo of the flooding. But it won't show up on phones so redditors are whining. They suggested a 'better' program and I said I had wasted over an hour of my weekend, so no. I will not learn a new program.

Next up is shower and then breakfast. I really wanted a new dress for tonight's banquet but I couldn't make the time last week to go buy something. And I don't want to shop on a Saturday. Or rushed.

It is sunny today so I skipped my light therapy. Given how angry I feel right now, that was probably a mistake.

Last night I Konmari'd my laptop cases. It is a bit embarrassing that is a category for me but it is. I had 9 and narrowed it down to 7, including getting rid of a favourite but I just don't have a use for it. I kept my rolling one that has lots of rooms for files. I used it once in the winter, probably the only time I've used it since moving, but I love it and remember buying it in NYC and rolling it back to the hotel apartment. Ds was with me. It is beautifully designed which I also appreciate.

So I kept one backpack case and one rolling case, both beautifully designed. Also one beautiful/stylish case that holds just the laptop and my planner (not even the charger) and then some over the shoulder ones that were conference giveaways. They are very useful, but not attractive at all. Still their usefulness meant I kept them for this round. I didn't touch the ones dh uses (one of which is actually mine.) I have multiple over the shoulder due to variations of size/weight because of different flying requirements.

I skipped over suitcases. I looked at them and then realized dh wouldn't allow me to get rid of any (technically we each have a few plus shared but in practice all are shared and he is now using some of mine for his medical courier runs since they are carry-on.) So there was no point pulling them down only to put them back in the same place. At this point there is only one place to store them in the apartment pulling them down to store elsewhere is also not an option.

I'm slowly getting through Konmari. I might do wrapping paper this morning if I get a burst of energy.

I'm not sure when dh intends to leave but we can do the electronics recycle on the way up the Valley and that way we only have to drive out once.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:21 am

wishing your dgd7 a lovely day!
Enjoy the sunshine d lady!!! I know we have had rain all week and will have rain all next week. I will be enjoying the sunshine at the same time as you - how lucky!
have a great day

d kathryn i hope that angry feeling leaves you today. It's an edgy uncomfortable feeling and it's so good to let it out and tell others (I had that feeling yesterday - no reason - but once I told dh - WATCH OUT lol - I felt better. i was talking to the waitress where we ate lunch, I have known her a long time, I asked her how she was - lol she said she was great yesterday but oh my gosh the day before she said watch out and she had no idea why she felt this way. :D
I wish there was a medicine or vitamin program that would help.
I am praying you have a good day!!!

heading outside (before doing my morning routine :shock: :o :o ;) i know... a rebel.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 04, 2019 10:39 am

Kathryn - did you make your own Konmari categories?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 04, 2019 10:50 am

We have rain coming in right now, possibly for the day. There's a "significant weather advisory" for the southern part of my county for another half hour - although we are just north of the city proper, we are still in the southern half. It's dark enough outside that the lights at the firepit and wall and the streetlights have come on.

I have a baby shower this afternoon - probably one of the things I'd least like to do, but it's for the the wife of the son of our former dneighbor from the mountain. I'm always glad to see her - and I have photos of her sweet kitty who passed away several years ago to take to her too.

My energy is good today, although I slept in until 9 a.m. M came by about 9:30 when I was still in pajamas and I changed quickly and walked around the block with her - glad Muffin and I got that in before the rain. (She's pacing anxiously right now, btw.) Parts of a.m. routine done, laundry underway and dishwasher running too.

I was about to ask about Kathryn's Konmari categories also...does she have a list somewhere or did Kathryn make her own? (I only have two computer bags and I clean them out after every trip. I don't know how many dh has but I'd suggest not as many as Kathryn, at least five?)

On to figure out breakfast and I need to get a gift bag or figure out how to wrap a package...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 04, 2019 10:53 am

The birds are talking about the storm on the front porch right now. :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 04, 2019 11:24 am

I am up.
Eggs ate deviled.
Meat & cream cheese wraps are made.

Deciding on what is next...
S2s X
Working on attitude adjustment.
Walked the dog.
H. Is off.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 04, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 04, 2019 11:43 am

Ugh! Another sleepless night. Didn't go to sleep until almost 5am. Got up little after 7 to take my T-med & went back to bed till after 9. And we got to a concert in Orlando later today. Will try a short nap this afternoon. I doubt that 10k steps are in my future today. I've had 17 days in a row with over 10K and wanted to keep it going but it's too warm/humid outside to walk much & I can't do laps inside with dd/dsonil home. Drat!

I'm coming down to the wire in getting things ready to go north. Really need to put my mind to the task and figure just what I need to get done before then. I have tons of scanning to do and have been procrastinating even starting that task.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”