Serious Sunday?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Serious Sunday?

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:40 pm

wow that's wonderful that you sang for your community d harriet
I am sure it feels nice that you can relax now.
so true:
"They also weekly plan, who rethink and stay flexible."

hi d twins, I think of my BWP like the SHE WEEK. My problem is that I can not have a heavy or mini cleaning day, as I totally loose focus. Having it set in my brain (in my planner) helps me stay with the program. I have to have simple goals each day for myself.
zone day became a must bc I kept thinking I had to do all these different cards. I just can't - I have to have the decision made the week before. (same with decluttering).

lol re: chirpy birdies!!!

dd older and I went for a juice, I stopped at the pastry shop as well and we took a hour long drive through the country roads. lovely.
emptied my car.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 05, 2019 2:14 pm

I too like to keep it flexible and decide the day "on the fly."

I don't remember when it was that I took down a large pyrex clear "vintage" bowl that came from dmom. I keep it nestled with an IKEA bowl of the same size for the times when the largest bowl in the house is called for. It's sat on the counter to be put away because the shelf it came from has been overrun with vases for flowers. So this morning I "got a wild hair" and started pulling stuff down from that cabinet. Where I've put things like canning jars also on the premise I might use to arrange flowers. So after sorting that stuff, I pulled out a box from my garage with canning jars - it came with us on the move 6.5 years ago and has hardly been touched. So I called Goodwill and they do take canning jars, and I already know they take stray vases, so I have two boxes to go there with canning jars (one in original packaging for jelly jars - I used to make sugary strawberry-banana jam every spring with the kiddos as teacher gifts.) I've saved a few canning jars for food storage - the AH WOE suggests using the wide mouth ones for sauces and dressings and using an immersion blender for mixing and storage. And I'll try to use the glass more for food storage too. Obviously putting away the bowl has snowballed. I need to wipe out the cabinet and refill.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 05, 2019 3:16 pm

I was able sleep until 7:30 this morning.
H. Grilled yummy burgers for lunch!
Mower is acting up. H is looking at it now.
I mowed the side yard.

Waving to every one!

I seriously need a shower after mowing. Done.
Watered my beds in front and plants at the edge of the yard in back.
Dinner i s dine.
Boil & peel eggs.
Dishes.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 06, 2019 12:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 05, 2019 3:50 pm

We were at church for almost 5 hours. The western day was a giant success and well attended. I think we had more attending than Easter service which is typically the largest congregation of the year. Even with over 500 in attendance, we had an abundance of food. We could have easily fed another couple hundred people. It was a massive amount of work but it went smoothly with many hands working together.

I have watched DBro ride horses all his life, but I never get tired of it. Today he was riding horse without a bridle & reins. I have seen him do this several times but mostly in pasture. Today DBro was horseback indoors in a crowded area where the horse had to weave between tables and people. The horse did it flawlessly. I refer to that horse as being "bomb proof" because DBro has it so well trained that nothing bothers it.

DD dropped DGD7 off at church. As we were driving today DGD7 said: "I am so glad to be going home". I realized that DGD7 was referring to our home as being her home. hum...
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 05, 2019 5:17 pm

It's an absolutely gorgeous day here.

Pork chops on the BBQ for supper along with Mexican rice and a multi-layer dip with Fritos and Tortilla chips. I was planning on tacos instead of the pork chops but dh wanted pizza last night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:00 pm

hi d Cathy! glad you had a lovely day

hi d lady.! so happy you had a great time at western day!
so cool about your d brother

glad you got some rest d nancy and had a nice lunch to boot!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:09 pm

another couple loads of laundry done
dh started a lot of the machines for the summer.
trimmed some of the winter burned boxwood - don't think they will be saved.
weeded flower garden
washed the windows and screens in the family room
emptied dw and filled with few items, cleaned stove, sink and counters
vacuumed first floor

still need to do cat litter and dog stuff outside.
fold laundry and maybe???put away

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 05, 2019 10:05 pm

LadyM: dgd obviously has her Mom's place and Home. I know this isn't what you wanted but it seems to be what God has willed. We'll keep praying for you, for your health, your peace, your energy and your ability harvest the joyful moments to store up for the difficult times.

Twins: I still sort-of have a BWP. It has been tweaked repeatedly over the years and basically Monday is clean up footprints, laundry and the start of houseblessing, Tuesday is finishing the houseblessing, Wednesday is supposed to be sermon writing/errands, noon Thursday to noon Friday is my Sabbath, Friday afternoon is more laundry and Saturday for working on projects and Sunday is off. Babysitting, of course, throws a lot of changes into any week.

We are home from the Valley.

Church was decent but MF's sermon wasn't very good. It was all over the place. Someone needs to remind him to grab one of the many sparks in the text and develop that, not list them all and then lecture people about being helpful church members.

It was birthday cake Sunday so we had cake and lots of congratulations on our anniversary. And we were applauded last night as well.

Dd wrote asking about dinner tonight so we got that set up by text, then had lunch with MF. We timed things perfectly, so managed a 30 minute walk along the river at dd's end of time and arriving at 5:30 on the nose at the restaurant. Ds was there as a surprise so it was a lovely dinner although the service was terrible. Dgs asked "Where is our food?" numerous times and after being told it was in the kitchen being prepared demanded to be taken there so he could see they were actually working on dinner!

We had our dessert put into take-away containers since it was almost 7:45 when we left. Dgd was fairly good but went from happy to hysterical as if a bomb went off, while Mommy was off with dgs, so I picked up the screaming baby and headed to her mom, trading grandchildren so Mommy could nurse her. Of course, shortly after that, the food arrived! After she nursed, I was holding her to burp her and could suddenly feel her prepping for another scream so I'm saying "Daddy take her! Daddy take her!" and dsil is moving as fast as he can to head her off, which he did.

Dh and I went for another walk when we got home to go see the state of the flood zone. The water is now below the 2014 high water mark but the neighbourhood is still being pumped so there is a large number of road closures and detours. We talked a bit with the city employee who was saying the system actually got to the point tonight that the pump was sucking air, so the gravity feed of the sewage system seems to be working now. It was overwhelmed with ground water before, so they are hoping they've found where the ground water is getting into the system and cut that off. But it could just be that the ground water is dropping as the river lowers.

I'm off to bed now. Hopefully, I've cooled down the apartment enough to sleep. It is still dry so I'll have to run the humidifier tonight. I had hoped we were done with that but when the weather is fine, the air in the apartment falls well below 30%, even with the windows open.

We have partly sunny tomorrow and rain, then rain and/or cloud until Thursday or Friday. So I was desperate to get the walk in today, especially since I missed one yesterday. Both days were lovely. I just wish we could have more than 2 of them in a row.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 05, 2019 11:10 pm

I do apologize for the sad sort of title I gave today, and I thank you all for finding fun in the day in spite of my poor beginning!
I've enjoyed reading about all the happenings here and I'm happy to say that our day did improve a bit, once I finally got dh's meds filled.

In addition to the muscle relaxers and pain meds, dh is also trying CDB oil. Highly recommended by a friend, dh couldn't wait to try it. Friend brought him a sample, and then -- the joys of small town life -- when I contacted the beautician who sells it at her shop, she said she would not be open tomorrow, but she would bring it to me at my house! :shock: And she is not even our beautician!!! :shock: (Of course, this stuff does not sell cheap, so it was probably worth her time, and she only lives a mile or so from us. Plus, she is a former student of both of ours.)
Anyway, dh does not report the instantaneous results that his friend did, but he does think it is helping. * sigh * At least he can now move without screaming in pain. He actually rode out to Burger King with me for supper tonight -- but he hasn't had the energy or courage to take a shower yet.
He says we ARE going on our trip Wednesday; he is NOT going to cancel out on that. So -- keep those prayers coming.

I accuse dh sometimes of being a sort of reverse male version of Tom Sawyer's Aunt Polly: Thankfully, he DOESN'T try to cure anyone except himself!
She was one of those people who are infatuated with patent medicines and all new–fangled methods of producing health or mending it. She was an inveterate experimenter in these things. When something fresh in this line came out she was in a fever, right away, to try it; not on herself, for she was never ailing, but on anybody else that came handy. She was a subscriber for all the "Health" periodicals and phrenological frauds; and the solemn ignorance they were inflated with was breath to her nostrils. All the "rot" they contained about ventilation, and how to go to bed, and how to get up, and what to eat, and what to drink, and how much exercise to take, and what frame of mind to keep one's self in, and what sort of clothing to wear, was all gospel to her, and she never observed that her health–journals of the current month customarily upset everything they had recommended the month before. She was as simple–hearted and honest as the day was long, and so she was an easy victim. She gathered together her quack periodicals and her quack medicines, and thus armed with death, went about on her pale horse, metaphorically speaking, with "hell following after." But she never suspected that she was not an angel of healing and the balm of Gilead in disguise, to the suffering neighbors.

Speaking of the BWP. I do try to keep one, but aside from errand day, I guess I'm not very stringent with it.
Sunday -- church, errands, (grocery day), misc weekly tasks -- allergy shots, pay the newspaper man, garbage to the road, refill meds
Monday -- usually laundry, but the past couple weeks (and tonight) Sunday has been laundry day for some reason :?
Tuesday -- ideally would be WHB
Wednesday -- ideally would be zone cleaning, (although I know we're supposed to do 15 min of that every day, and last week, I did, * for three days * so far as decluttering was concerned)
Thursday -- catch up day
Friday -- family day
Saturday -- family day

I am now going to print the Konmarie decluttering list Kathryn posted yesterday. Hope springs eternal! That "sentimental" section scares me though. 90% of my paper clutter IS sentimental!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Here's something totally NOT serious for today --
I told y'all dgs didn't want to go to the festival in our town this weekend. Well, I asked him yesterday if he didn't feel bad about not going (because I sorta did, for some reason.)
DGS said, "No. Actually, I feel good about not going."
:lol: :roll:

When his teacher made them color a picture for the festival coloring contest, he wrote at the top of the page:
"My teacher made me do this. I am not going to the festival and I am not in the contest."
Where he was supposed to get his parent's signature and fill in his name and address, he put "not signing" on every line, and "Please throw away," at the top of the page.
I have no idea why he was so opposed to the festival or the contest, except maybe he doesn't like big crowds. But ballgame crowds are no problem to him at all. :? Very strange.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”