Serious Sunday?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Serious Sunday?

Postby lucylee » Sun May 05, 2019 3:40 am

Sunday — 2:30 am — y’all please check j&c
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Serious Sunday?

Postby Nancy » Sun May 05, 2019 5:13 am

I saw that post Lucy L.

Cannot sleep. So I got up. Tossed and turned for 2 hrs. So I got up. I messed up forgot a med. Dose of insulin in the afternoon so had to deal with that.

Watered the veg. Plants and grass last night so it was wet when I took the dog out around mid night. H. Wzntec to go out where dgson works but learned that gson is not a waiter dson's ex and family was there good to see them at the bbq.

There were like 4 plates of deviled eggs and only 4 left! We have another bbq in a month so will try to come up with something for that one as well. Dgd graduates high school. We need to remember our chairs, and shade canopy.

I had the gal taking pics get one of h & I for dson and grands. Wish I would have thought to get a family photo.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 05, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:05 am

I am sorry you haven't been able to sleep. I am glad you came here!!! thank you for starting us d nancy!

praying for your sweet dh lucy!!!

I loved this from D Twins yesterday:
It's like a descriptive line from poetry. loved it.
"the birds are talking about the storm on the front porch"

Perfect! It made me happy!

have a wonderful day everyone.
This morning, I am looking at my week and month ahead. ;)

a good article:
https://www.becomingminimalist.com/find ... 8wne7yTt24

Its sunny for now :D I was up at 5 something and now it's time to really start my day.
Had some faith time. I don't want to go to church today - I know awful. dh wants to try the church in the other town near us. he likes the people and it is a smaller church. The fact he wants to go to church is a good reason to want to try it out. :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun May 05, 2019 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:08 am

I never knew we were on Greenwhich mean time. so interesting.
UTC / GMT is the basis for local times worldwide

Other names: Universal Time Coordinated / Universal Coordinated Time
Successor to: Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Military name: “Zulu” Military Time
Longitude: 0° (Prime Meridian)
At sea: Longitudes between 7.5° West and 7.5° East

Note: United Kingdom is one hour ahead of UTC / GMT during summer

I am in Central time: 6:08 am.

London is 12:08 pm
France is 1:08 pm.
Hawaii is 1:08 am.

11:08 PM Fiji
9:08 PM Time in Canberra ACT, Australia
10:08 PM Kingston (GMT+11)
8:38 PM Adelaide (GMT+9:30) ???? I wonder why
7:08 PM Perth (GMT+8)
6:08 PM Christmas Island (GMT+7)

I don't know why but I found it fascinating 8-) :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 05, 2019 9:09 am

Blessed - It makes me smile to see your learning adventure. I love learning new things. Thanks for the link to the article. It is a good reminder to live simple and know what matters to each of us.

We are having a western day at church. It is a day of fun and doing things a little different. We will cook outdoors over several fires and the meal will be prepared using a chuck wagon. DBro is bringing his horses for those who want to ride. Many are dressing in pioneer and/or outlaw type clothing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:22 am

oh my gosh how fun to have a western day at church!!! Have a wonderful time. I know the church will love the horses being there - how fun indeed!
Yes I do love to learn (like you) all the time. :D :D :D

My d mom and d dad had western parties (sounds pretentious - but it was held at their country club) Held in the back in the garden shed and land). She had a caller and a western band. Line dancing helper for those who have never done it and a big out door barbecue. she decorated everything herself, and my brother, one time, brought in some young calves from his farm and had the place had a large area for them to run as well as shelter if they didn't want to be near anyone. (I wasn't thrilled that the calves were brought in but my mom was thrilled- the calves were really comfortable - which surprised me) It was a 2 hour drive, though, for those babies. She was an awesome party giver - she built a small barn and brought in bales of straw and sewed a bunch of decorations for these events. She even took pictures of some of the members including my dad and made wanted posters (she burnt the edges). that she hung up... I still have my dads. She always amazed me how she could take anything (these were large sheds) and make them into amazing worlds.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:31 am

Alrighty I looked at my week, and weather, and have a hopeful plan 8-) :D
you never know what can happen in a week :D

My Monday through Sunday hope* :D

Monday: Home Blessing, weed, stop by pool place (rain in afternoon)
Tuesday: Declutter day (I have a list of areas to think about) I really have to talk to dd younger. / weed/pool (partly cloudy)
Wednesday: rain - photos, phone calls for appointments, free time at home/weed? pool?
Thursday: Errand day - out in nature? Thunderstorms again on a Thursday - no morning routine or house work
Friday: Zone day Kitchen and laundry room /partly cloudy
laundry room: scrub the back door inside and out
kitchen - I have the cursed l*st :D 8-)
Saturday: party cloudy - garden work/pool work
Sunday: paperwork day/weed/pool work - coffee out with dd older and she will help me with pump - cemetery in morning for d mil. partly cloudy (why don't they say partly sunny) 8-)

Synonyms for HOPE*
-anticipation
-aspiration
-believe
-expectation
-goal
-faith
-optimism
-promise
-wish

trying to keep things simple and trying hard to remember I can only do so much (even if I see the mountain, I can't possibly get to the top in one day). (again with the philosophical 8-) :lol: ) - I am trying to give myself a pep talk for the week. :D
I don't expect anything but I hope 8-) :D 8-) :D 8-), so anything that gets done will be a blessing (will try to remember this)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 05, 2019 10:13 am

I am alone leading the singing this morning unless dd can manage to race to take the place of our tenor and bass who both had to bow out, as of this a.m. meaning no substitutes knew. So soprano-heavy, lol. She wont have rehearsed even if she can. The flutist is playing the clarinet today and will play the bass part in one piece - that will help with that one. In fact, she just helps a lot in general. We have two very long pieces and in both she wants to stop playing at a mid-point though, which can sometimes give her a much-needed break and make the pieces sound more interesting when she does rejoin. We've just never done it when I was alone leading. Hmmm ... ..

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 05, 2019 11:54 am

Oooooh, Harriet. I would terrified if leading music on my own. Of course, the congregation probably would be fleeing their seats too. Not my skill set!

Dh and ds have gone to C ostco. We actually need a few things this time. With dh's diabetic diagnosis, he'll be more careful about what he buys, however. He's bowling this week on Monday night and going to try to work out on TU and TH so won't be home for dinner together, but I should cook some healthy things for when he does get home late.

I'm doing some planning today. Do any of you except bw2 use a BWP? P&P used to term the days as: 1/2 day cleaning, desk day, errand day, free day and cleaning day. I still do think in those terms but really only observe errand day, desk day and cleaning day, which dcleaning lady does, although she mostly doesn't do much beyond weekies.

The birds shouldn't be on my front porch, whether they are discussing the weather or doing other things btw. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 05, 2019 1:01 pm

lucylee, you're on my mind.

Turned out I was alone, and so flutist decided to break at only one very short part. We were fine. Just not what I expected this a.m. when I headed out for the morning.

Went by pharmacy 1 to fill gaps in some of HRH's supplements and pick up a prescription.

The young man wants to come by sometime this afternoon.

I changed out of church clothes anyway because I was just uncomfortable. Time to let that pressure slip away.

Twins', like you I keep the concept of the BWP in my head and sometimes even get close to it. Of the days, it is Errand Day that has gone haywire from what it once was for my family. Seems we are always answering the urgent, rather than planning the sensible. But doing your planning today is terrific - good for you, because giving attention to it is always a positive. I would paraphrase Milton and say, "They also weekly plan, who rethink and stay flexible."

Return to “Post When You Can”