Good day, Monday! May 6, 2019

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Good day, Monday! May 6, 2019

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 06, 2019 3:01 pm

-get raised bed emptied, refill and plant zinnia seeds, in lieu of finishing this this afternoon, I'll get two geraniums into pots
-document work on portfolio eeek! Haven't done
-15 min continue garage declutter Up after checking bp
-health: Stretch, ck bp, 7K steps On track for the steps, I should relax and ck bp next
-pick up yard poop, nope, need to get to
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Happy Anniversary wishes to Kathryn & Ken!

How many of you know "Revive Us Again"? Or if you are secular, "Hallelujah, I'm a bum", the hobo version.

I've heard it many years ago but haven't heard it recently. I would enjoy hearing it but probably wouldn't join in the singing because I'm not familiar with the song.

Harriet - Your DD title selection made me smile. She is blessed to have your witty input.

DH and DS10 both have an upset stomach. I hope it is just a passing thing.

The doctor office called to set up 2 appointments for DMom. I put them on my calendar. DMom tells them to call me before setting an appointment to make sure I'm available to take her to the appointments.

I miss RR posting but it makes me smile to think of her snuggling with the new grandbaby.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:25 pm

humidity isn't my friend either d lady! my hair is large and in charge today for some reason. we were almost 70 when I woke up (which is warm for us at this time of year) then it dropped to 50. The humidity is 85% so there answers why my hair is large and in charge. 8-)
(((for your dh and your ds10- i hope they feel better soon)))
I agree with you that our d harriet is witty and her ddd (darling dear daughter) follows after her!

hi d twins I love geraniums - reminds me of my mom's area (alsace) where she grew up. what color?
yay on your steps!

HI d harriet! you and your dd make me smile!
yay on getting things done inside and out!

d twins did you live on Stone mountain? my aunt and uncle used to.
oh my gosh - my dh has the habit of putting things on the floor. I don't get it. I totally understand. enjoy your errands.

So happy you had a lovely anniversary d kathryn! no I have never hear these songs. yay on the service coming together.

Hello d Elizabeth! yay on having fun with your dd 17. Also glad you had significant progress on the financial chore.
Have fun at your jazz funk class! I am sorry he didn't take in account that your dd could have time with your parents!

hello all.
--------------------------------------------
I finished the upstairs home blessing and made a few notes for the bathroom zone next week dance off.

I also did my swish and swipe in dh's bathroom (always takes longer) and d girls bathroom.

Sun is popping out again 8-) :D

now for taking what is in my head and putting it on paper for future planning. ;) lol like it will get done.
okay time to unpack my brain so that I don't loose focus (ping pong brain occurs).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 06, 2019 3:31 pm

How many of you know "Revive Us Again"? Or if you are secular, "Hallelujah, I'm a bum", the hobo version
. My mind started the 'song in my head' as soon as I read the title, Kathryn. Yes, I do know it and we sing it at least a couple of times a year.

we were almost 70 when I woke up
How old are you normally, Blessed? Ducking and running>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 06, 2019 3:34 pm

I am back from a store run.
Saw a friend decided to get to gether to paint rock s and chat after they are back from a reunion. Time will tell if it woirks.
Did a rock drop, and walked the dog around the block.
Figuu
Re out where to plant, carrots decision made where they go planting them next up x. Cosmos x, and Echinacea (purple cone flower) does not bloom till the wnd year need to put those in the perinial bed.
Got trash dumped.

Happy ann. To the in Canadas.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 06, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 06, 2019 3:40 pm

I might just save "Two monsters walk into a bar" as a sermon title for some day!

LadyM: I will start changing my expectations for using that hymn even though Dee gives me hope! It shows up in old or evangelical hymnbooks (so was in the limited choice hymn book at the retirement home and in our Free Methodist Church hymnbook but not our denomination's books.) On the other hand, should this hymn have been a favourite with a minister or music leader in years past, the congregation may know it! It's a great revival/renewal hymn and I'm pretty sure I'm preaching on the Tabitha's resurrection. I could always fall back to Good Shepherd (it is Good Shepherd Sunday but for Mother's Day I wanted to focus on the reading about a woman.)

I failed on my second to-do for today because the salesman left at 3 and is off tomorrow. So my order a carpet will have to wait for Wednesday. I'm annoyed because the price on the carpet in the store has magically gone up $200 since I walked out of the store (even though I have a card with the price on it, unfortunately, I want a larger size.)

I'm confused as well about underpad. He recommended just no-slip, not cushioned but I thought the cushioning helped protect the carpet from being worn down. Everything I read online says you need cushioned underpad.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 06, 2019 4:12 pm

I am almost that temperature!

Monday is my least favorite day, especially when DH is working. Everybody gets a running start Mon mornings and the phone and everything else goes crazy. Today was no exception.

Had to organize a pkg of papers DH picked up at county office. We both forgot one paper he was to turn in.

Helped move trucks around. Made his lunch to-go. I gassed up car for trip tomorrow and dropped off the forgotten paper. Stopped to pick up stuff at store. Lots of odds and ends to do today, too. Had to order a part for our copier and decided to do it online. Generic ones are cheap but get a lot of bad reviews. So I ordered name brand (pricey) and I had to of course set up an account (why I hate ordering online).

Now I have to get dinner started. Then I have to look at phone manual. I need to clear my blocked numbers...because I've reached the 200 limit...so we'll start over again blocking numbers. Doesn't seem to work anyway. Those numbers are blocked but they just change their numbers over and over. Shouldn't be legal to do that. We're on the DNC list, apparently that doesn't work either.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 06, 2019 4:20 pm

I am making progress. Dh said he would probably come by home to change clothes, he's bowling at an alley closer to home this summer.

-get raised bed emptied, refill and plant zinnia seeds. in lieu of finishing this today and having to move bags of soil around I'll get two geraniums into pots
-document work on portfolio Next up
-15 min continue garage declutter
-health: Stretch,ck bp, 7K steps, On track for the steps, will stretch later
-pick up yard poop, nope, need to get to

Two monsters walk into a bar....I love this!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh my gosh d dee - hysterical!!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:40 pm

just a quick hi - HI

hi d twins, d dee :D gosh you made me laugh!!!, hi d kathryn, hi d harmony (I will come back and post back to you all)

finished the home blessing in the dining room
dishes put into the dw and turned on.
my direct tv stoppage I requested finally started today. I will see how this goes for the summer. I have the direct tv suspended until September 1rst. I shall see. 8-) ;)

Return to “Post When You Can”