Good day, Monday! May 6, 2019

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Good day, Monday! May 6, 2019

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Happy Anniversary d kathryn and your dh!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 06, 2019 12:57 pm

I got the raised flower bed emptied and refilled with the soil I had, but I need a trip back to Lowes for more. I underestimate because I don't have much room in the garage for leftover bags. I still need to figure out where the wheelbarrow will go.

Then I got sidetracked (surprise!) because I was so hungry so I started researching and trying to figure out the macros for my breakfast. So I think I"ll have lunch now (giggle) then shower and go to Lowes. I think I'll knock off one errand and go by the post office too while I'm out.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 06, 2019 1:09 pm

I still need to figure out where the wheelbarrow will go.

Make it into another planter? Fill it with soil and put plants in it?
Don't listen to a #PlantAddict
LOL

Homeschool is almost done. DS10 is taking a lunch break and then will finish his last English assignment. It has been a good school day.

I have the cast iron skillet filled with multiple vegetables. I started with intending to saute one summer squash and one zucchini. But similar to my struggle to stop planting things I also seem to struggle with stopping the addition of vegetables into the skillet. It now has multiple peppers, onions, pak choi, cabbage, radishes, garlic and cherry tomatoes. #WeirdDish But it smells wonderful.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:22 pm

hello d dee so happy you got the sleep you needed!
I think that's wonderful: one thing at a time. Awesome!

hi d lady. glad you had a smooth start to your day!
what a nice way to start the day - laughing and smiling together!
yay for ds10

hi d nancy! cheering you as you work.
dh told me the little one was born. My sweet cousin had her baby today too.

hi d Kathryn yay o your work!

hi d twins! getting up before ones alarm is always a great way to start the day!
(((ouch for your dh)))
happy top 5 work!

hello all!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:28 pm

it started pouring but I finished what I wanted to do outdoors. I didn't over goal (miracles never cease). 8-)
my large climbing rose has something wrong with it. 1/2 of it died. I know the winter was a rough one but this has some sort of disease.
I have been trimming it out daily so that I don't over goal.
I weeded 1/3 of the rest of the veggie garden (I love my easy weeding tool) and I got the weeds bagged away and had to cover the bag before it poured.
I also planted the 2 colours of speedwell and the left over bulbs
trimmed out the pansies of dead looking growth.
rinsed the tools and put them away (all before the rain)

now for home blessing.
lunch eaten
first write down the items I could see in the garden to spread over the next month in my planner.
I still have to put bleach in the pool

a new baby, a boy, was born today for a dear cousin in another part of the world. sweet girl! So happy for them. I haven't mailed my present but will do that tomorrow. So exciting!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Blessed - Congratulations on your new family member. I saw that Harry & Meghan had their baby too.

speedwell

I had to research this plant because I didn't know anything about it. Interesting!

The high humidity is not my friend. Yesterday DGD7 said, "Nana, it looks like you didn't brush your hair today." I told her that I did brush my hair but all the rain has made the air so humid that it makes my hair do crazy things. It is currently over 70% humidity in the house which makes it feel sticky & stuffy. I can deal with the 77F temp inside the house if it wasn't so humid. I think it is time to hit the A/C switch. Once we start the a/C it usually stays on for the rest of the season.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon May 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi everyone! This weekend DD17 and I got to have some fun instead of another homework only weekend. Saturday evening she takes a break normally, so we went to the local amusement park. We only had about an hour before it closed, but we fit in two good rides. Sunday, she finished early, so we did the same, with more time available. It's so nice having season tickets. While she did the homework, I worked some more on my current financial chore. Significant progress was made.

This morning started with a vet trip - a followup to the eye injury and a newly discovered lesion on her tail. The latter is probably from the same fight, but had been buried in fur and overlooked in the more serious injury. It was a potential abscess in the making, so she has a liquid oral medication now, once a day. The eye problem is no longer a lesion, and could be left alone. However, there is scarring and I would like to reduce that as much as possible. So, the drops are discontinued and a steroid cream is now 2x a day. So, I still have the 3x a day total, just divided between two meds.

Tonight is modern jazz/funk dance class. The last few times, I have been the only student, so this class may not continue. That will free up another evening for me, but I need the exercise. If I take two classes a week, it will be a rare week I don't get some form of exercise. It would be cheaper to join the local gym that has frequent $10 a month specials, but BORING! The state of my house is driving me nuts, so I should pick one room and clean it up. (One room a day that is). Will I do it?

I found out the x has completely scheduled DD's summer travels, as usual without even talking to me. I want to send DD to my parents' house this summer, but there is not a time constraint. Still, he should have checked to see if I had already booked something. He usually schedules out of town stuff on my birthday, despite the divorce decree giving us each custody on our birthdays. He also likes 4th of July, which I am supposed to have every other year. I think I have had DD once on the 4th. At least he finally figured out he needs to hire a pet sitter rather than tell me when he expects me to show up. ONE TIME I looked after the dogs. It was a crisis situation that no one could have foreseen. I'm ok with that. However, that does not entitle him to Elizabeth's Own Dog Sitting for life and for free.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Thank you Dee (and others)! We had a lovely anniversary weekend and my weight is up accordingly. There are still 2 pieces of pie in the fridge and then I'll focus on getting back to where I was before the shingles.

I've sent the hymn email off to my musician this week. This is a tiny congregation of poor singers so that limits me for choice but I think I've picked 7 hymns, 4 of which work well, 1 of which may not be familiar. How many of you know "Revive Us Again"? Or if you are secular, "Hallelujah, I'm a bum", the hobo version.

The service is coming together fairly quickly so once the hymns are confirmed, I should get the bulletin done in under an hour and the sermon is already half done. Obviously, I can set out a logical order to do things but my mind works in the order it wants!

I'll break for lunch now. I also have to hang up clothes to dry. The sheets are folded and put away already.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 06, 2019 2:06 pm

LadyM said:

Code: Select all

Make it into another planter? Fill it with soil and put plants in it?
Don't listen to a #PlantAddict

I actually thought of that but it's new and shiny still so I hate to leave it out all summer. When we lived on the mountain, I may have rescued a wheelbarrow out for trash pick up and made it into a planter. I'm not sayin' I did and I'm not sayin' I didn't. :lol:

I think the biggest issue with our garage is that so many things go onto the floor instead of using shelves or hanging things on the wall and going up, and the shelves we have aren't used efficiently. If there's an empty space dh tries to put something there. And dh is a packrat also, but that's beside the point.

Heading to Lowes and post office, will see if there are other errands I can do quickly... I still have a bunch of things to do!

Happy anniversary to Kathryn and Ken!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 06, 2019 2:37 pm

Hello interesting friends!

Hmmm... I think I misunderstood a post yesterday as looking toward the anniversary soon. Sigh. My brain.

Happy Anniversary, Ken and Kathryn!

Dd stayed as predicted working in her room this morning, keeping her sidetracked, procrastinated creativity to herself, so I got some stuff done. Meanwhile, I worked on the study for tomorrow and made notes. Generally got the house back to rights after the weekend. Some outdoor chores.

Then she burst out upon the household at 1:00 with needs, mostly packaging, but including a title. She'd promised herself to use as a title the first words that came to the mind of the first viewer of the inked relief-printed illustrations. :| And these prints were SO depressing :( (I wasn't allowed to know yet that the assignment and subtitle was: "on quotations from Edgar Allen Poe's Ligeia". Eeeewww. ) Having procrastinated to the last minute, her mother's first uninformed thought on the prints-story would have to do. So, the title is: "Two Monsters Walk Into a Bar". Perfect, she says. She says of this prof, "he'll LOVE that!"

I keep telling myself: one day, flowers, kittens and pretty landscapes. I've just got to keep the faith.

Return to “Post When You Can”