Tactical Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Tactical Tuesday

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Absolutely! Happy Birthday Day, LadyM. Over the years I've found that 'birthing days' have much more meaning for me than my own birthday. Sure others would agree.

I've been putzing along at a somewhat snail's pace -this in spite of having a good night's sleep. I'm l&&ting each & every little thing I do however & it does add up! Just got out the larger of 2 suitcases & started putting things in it (L&&ting as I do so). I should have plenty of room for dd to pack some things at least in the other suitcase. As long as she goes with me to check in luggage I should be good. 2 checked baggage are free so if she can handle them for me, I'll be good to go. Then just have to have dh meet me at baggage claim when I get to Rochester.

Hoping to start doing some scanning later today. Need to get my ducks in a row to start doing that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:07 pm

Happy Birthing d Lady.!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue May 07, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:35 pm

I wish I could chat individually to all of you... I am cheering you on though!!!

I did a half hour on trimming the climbing roses
I did a half hour weeding in the soaking veg garden
I trimmed the strawberries
I washed my tools and outdoor clogs
put away the house
threw out garbage
spoke to dd younger - d mom is being awfully mean - she will miss dd and this is how it manifests itself. She is using me as the reason she should come back to where we live. ;)

I purchased a math course for the summer through great courses. should be fun.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 07, 2019 1:20 pm

Not sure if you said or I missed it, Blessed......how did you make out on April 16th with your heart echo?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi everyone! My Monday night dance class is no more. The time was changed a while back from 7 to 630, better for instructor and me, but apparently not for the rest of the class. The good news is a free evening, the bad news is less exercise. I also figured out my and the cats' weekend schedule. Thorin and Ziva will go Friday evening to the regular clinic location. They will stay overnight and be around for usual clinic. I will not be at that clinic. I will be showing Briggs at the cat show Saturday (a big fundraiser for us), with Alfie accompanying us. Unfortunately, I have to be at the cat show both Saturday and Sunday. The cat coordinator has trouble working with one of our sporadic volunteers who will be there that day. He is quite a bit like my two brothers, if you combined them, so I work with him just fine. We have a lot in common and discovered we are very distantly related. I don't know if I will be taking cats Sunday, but I will help pack up.

I have finally figured out why my query has not been working. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet, but it is fixable. The food bank project is again experiencing stupid user tricks obsolete business practices. We are getting more transmutation of food items.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 07, 2019 2:26 pm

Happy Birthing Day, LadyM!

I am home from stamping and made a quick lunch. I've tracked ratios for breakfast and lunch the last two days. It's interesting how far off I've been at times from the AH WOE that I've been espousing.

I'm really getting a late start for the rest of the day, mostly because I've been sitting here. I can't get going again.

Top five for rest of day into evening:
-health: ck bp, stretch, 7K steps
-paper taming, 45 min
-garage, 15 min (dh said this morning to get rid of anything I want. I don't think that includes his unused bicycle. :D )
-Routines not done this week:
---water plants
---finish a.m. routine
---flush dog ears with cleaner (poor baby!)
-yard:
---move soil from car to back of house
---spread and plant zinnia seeds, cover

What else?

Supper tonight is swordfish from the freezer, corn on the cob and a green salad.

I need to move somehow. I think I'll change clothes and stretch first, since I didn't do it yesterday. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 07, 2019 2:58 pm

Happy bday LucyL.!

I got one floor swept main bathroom and a rug shook out. Damp mopped master bathroom foor. Yea two floors done!
Had lunch.
Watered!

Swept 2 more rooms.

Next up. I just need to run the vacuum.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 07, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:56 pm

i didn't hear anything from my doctor - I am still having heart flips from time to time.-today was one of those days. I have calling my dr. on my list tomorrow. She wanted me to do a heart monitor so i will make that appointment as well. thank you d dee!

yay on floor sweeping d nancy

hi d twins I ditto you... on the not getting moving like I would like.
cheering you on through your day to evening
I am sure even 5 minutes of stretching will make a difference

hi d elizabeth - I am so sorry you class is off. I hope the volunteer decides to show up so you can have a break.

hi d dee - I am putzing at snails pace now too. Hope those ducks listen to you and get in their nice little ducky lines.

hi d kathryn praying for your churches senior friend!
glad you got one the tasks done - 1/3 accomplished.

hi d lady
Homeschool Day #167 is going smoothly with the exception of an attitude adjustment. Lesson learned.....treat your Mom/Nana/Teacher with respect and don't lie to her. attitude adjustments are a good thing! 8-) :D
Happy birthing day!!!

that's as far back as I can go ;)

decluttering is moving slow - very slow!
I pulled out all the card table chairs out - I had 11 chairs... kept 4 of the good wood ones, donated 4 of the good regular card table chairs that had been my d mom's, and the other card table chairs are not good enough to donate so they are by the garbage cans for Friday. Good wood put out in front - hopefully someone will take them.
tossed a bunch of old garden gloves

Next on list - look for loose plastic pots that need to go into recycling.
put flags together
put container of salt for ice in the tin container until next winter - put in outdoor shed.
blow up basket balls - put out one for free - I am sure the neighbourhood kids will take it.
pull d fil s cameras from basement box and put it in our closet.

if time allows take something and try to wash the basement windows outside (only 2)..
I also have a box to go through the mice had gotten into - wash it all. small box but still gross -

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 07, 2019 3:57 pm

A.M. routine is done, I've checked BP and stretched. I'm going to water indoor plants, then set a timer for 45 min of paper taming. I'm half way to 7K steps so will need "step it up" later. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Now that it is almost time to eat... tonight's menu is rabbit cooked slowly in a tandoori sauce. Mutter Paneer (green peas with semi soft cheese in a tomato-y sauce). This is from a package, I wanted to try it. We will also have Naan bread and rice. I will make dh some rice with coconut and raisins in it. He really enjoys it. I also made jello. Almost every Monday he asks if we are having jello for dessert. I told him last night that it makes me feel incredibly guilty if I don't make it. Sigh... so I made some after he left at lunch time.

Delivery that I waited all day for showed up an hour ago.

Wasted far too much time on the computer today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”