Tactical Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Tactical Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 07, 2019 8:11 am

I have a big project to complete so I need to take a tactical approach, methodical, measurable, realistic. As opposed to my usual wing and a prayer then panic approach.

This is a smallish elephant that I shall be devouring one bite at a time.

Do you have something in your day that may require a tactical approach?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tactical Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 07, 2019 8:20 am

I'm up. Ds isn't here yet but I have a fan in the spare room trying to cool it down. It was only mid 40's last night but the wind was from the west, not the east, so the cool air didn't get into the bedrooms from the window. I left windows and doors open elsewhere so our bedroom was bearable but not cool. Ds will be shutting the door when he goes to bed and the small room will heat up quickly at that point, so I'm trying to get it cooled down now. Our bedroom was 78 when we went to bed. The kitchen was below 68. I'm still amused that my apartment's rooms have different climate zones!

Tea and chocolate is almost done. I'm skipping light again today because we have unexpected sunshine (we did yesterday as well.) Dh said something about snow but I don't see it in the forecast, just that it will be down to freezing tonight so there's a frost warning. It isn't as if many people have planted things yet. The ground is either too cold for things to germinate or too wet. We didn't get daffodils until over a week after Easter and Easter was as late as it could be. Normally, if Easter is late, we have daffodils in gardens. And I've only seen one forsythia so far (and just part of one sprig, not the whole plant.) The grass is green now, though, and I've seen a few willows with leaves now.

OK, first task. Install new accounting software onto my computer.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 07, 2019 8:40 am

I'm still amused that my apartment's rooms have different climate zones!
:D This started my day with a laugh! But now that I think of it, our room is always cooler than the rest of the house & dd's bedroom is much warmer than the rest. Our bedroom is on the north side of the house & theirs the south. So, you're right we also have different 'zones'.

I can't believe it. I never woke up all night until 6:39am. Got up then, took my T-med and went back to lie down for an hour or so. Had figured on a walk early on but it was terribly foggy. Now that it's clear I still haven't taken meds or had breakfast. Time to get a move on. Then I'm making a detailed l&&t of what needs to be done when in the next 18 days. Yikes! That's all I have left? It IS time to get a move on!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 07, 2019 8:45 am

Even on our first floor, Kathryn, there is a huge difference between the "climate" in our MBR and great room/kitchen. The MBR gets consistent air or heat and isn't affected by big windows/doors. It is often too cool in the summer. In the GR, the heat (when on) all goes up so the room is drafty in winter. In summer it is too warm because of the afternoon sun and big windows, and the door is opened for the ddog. The breakfast area is warmest of all because the big window there isn't tinted and it gets direct afternoon sun. The kitchen, behind the breakfast table heats up because the breakfast area does and because the oven is on.

I have stamp camp at 10 a.m. and it takes over 30 min to get there, so I need to head out in less than an hour. I do have part of a.m. routine done, and I'll make smoothie, get dressed and walk the dog next.

I was up before the alarm again, although I moved it back to 7 a.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 07, 2019 9:08 am

I have someone coming over to drop something off for dh. I really, really have to tackle paperwork today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 07, 2019 9:31 am

Ds is here and we talked cars for a while.

I've got the accounting software installed and have printed off the spreadsheet I work from and my task list for year-end.

I'm still not dressed, nor have I had breakfast. Not sure where dh is in his morning routine.

I'm checking the weather to figure out when is the best time for a walk today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:48 am

waving at you all!

I woke up late - I woke at 4:30 and thought I would just fall asleep until 5:30 - oops NO! 8-)
have a wonderful morning.
off for coffee

today's hope
declutter day
work a bit in garden even if it is drizzling.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 07, 2019 11:13 am

Waving to you all. Schedule change this week surgery for fam member has been pushed back to the end of the mo.
Got trash out. Rethinking my week. Picked up weeds I pulled yesterday. Pulled a few more along the drive way.
T storms in the forecast today & Wed. So I will not be painting on the outside of the plant shed.

Floors need attn. Still sigh...

I need to charge up this tablet.
Store run for Rx done and a couple of things I forgot yesterday.
Waljed the dog.
Did a rock drop.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 07, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 07, 2019 11:21 am

Homeschool Day #167 is going smoothly with the exception of an attitude adjustment. Lesson learned.....treat your Mom/Nana/Teacher with respect and don't lie to her.

45 years ago today I become a Mom for the first time. WOW. How time flies.

Yesterday DS10, DGD7 and I teamed up to take everything out of DGD7 bedroom. This is how I like to deep clean and organize a room. I really want to get DGD7 a different bed but she is passionate about wanting to keep her existing bed. I told her we would keep the same mattress but just put it on a sturdy bed frame. She is begging me to let her keep her bed just the way it is. I just don't see this bed frame lasting 10+ more years of frequent usage. I found the bed that I want to put into her room. I haven't decided if I'm going to insist that the bed frame gets changed or let DGD7 keep the existing bed until it totally falls apart. This decision needs to be made before I start putting everything back into her bedroom.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 07, 2019 11:24 am

My day is morphing. One pleasant distraction, one major change in plans.

I sent off the bulletin draft to the secretary. While double checking the email address, the @ portion jumped out at me because it was a custom domain mad up of the number 7 and then the person's last name (so like Kathryn@7In-Canadas.ca) Immediately, the vision of a lovely woman of the same name with her five children popped into my head and I realized I knew this woman from years ago when she was active in the second point of our church. So I'm excited to see her. Apparently, it's been 16 years!

And then the minister called to let me know that our Senior Friend is in hospital with her congestive heart failure. Sigh...

LadyM: Happy Birthing Day!

Dh and I have rearranged our day and will head out as soon as he's off his afternoon conference call. We'll grab dinner and then rush home for his evening conference call. The hospital is 45 minutes away. I'll have to leave a note for ds. We'll be gone when he wakes up.

Now, back to work on the year-end. One of the three tasks I set out for yesterday is done.

Return to “Post When You Can”