Tactical Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tactical Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 07, 2019 4:20 pm

I sauteed a big skillet of vegetables for lunch.

Got DS10 books packed and then him to/from piano lesson.

Yesterday DH and DS10 had an upset stomach. It seems I have it now.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 07, 2019 5:18 pm

LadyM, it was just last week I had the tummy distress.

I did 45 min on paperwork but it didn't finish what I need to do. I am going to "clean the corn" to be sure it's useable tonight under those husks, if it's gone too far, I'll bake a sweet potato.

15 min in garage then, or until dh gets home. If he is getting home later, I'll regroup at 5:35ish.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:31 pm

veggie sound good d lady!

hope the corn is good d twins. yay on stretching and routine being done
Hey you got 45 minutes done on paper work and 15 in garage - yay - good job!

hi d cathy what a wonderful cook you are!
glad you got the delivery

hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:38 pm

today was simple decluttering day and some simple follow through
I couldn't do one thing but I will put that to next week.

today ta da's in decluttering
went through chairs - took four into donation
cleaned (not at all perfect) basement windows outside
put bleach in pool
cleaned things under table (put frames of d mom's art prints away, took plastic office supplies holders (nice ones) and paper bin (donated it)
pulled all the plastic pots and put in the front hall
tossed gloves
put salt for ice in silver container
pulled flags together
got rid of garbage
blew up one basketball
(all easy things)

Tomorrow hoping to do paperwork as I am 2 weeks behind.
I need to get dog food tomorrow.
hoping for 1 hour to work in garden. 1/2 hour on roses, 1/2 hour weeding the veggie garden (it is soaking wet still), plant the lambs ear and the white climbing rose.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue May 07, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 07, 2019 5:44 pm

Supposed to have posted a long time ago - for some reason this is happening to me lately.

Happy BirthING day, LadyM. That's a respectable number.

I always have to do these double-takes when hearing/reading about someone I think of as an old-enough-kinda-adult, and then having to mentally readjust and say, "wait... .. that person is not so old, they are younger than one (or two) of my children. Hmmm... .." :?

Kathryn's first post made me laugh. I'll have to go back and look. Something about the usual way she does things struck a chord.

Our study was pretty good today. My (truly dear) dear co-teacher has no control over the discussion, though. We just end up chasing rabbits all over the place and she can't seem to keep everyone on the path. There are times I have to speak up and say, "now where were we?" She is a wonderful speaker, though, and speaks so eloquently she could be reading poetry when it's only her personal notes. I think we'll just have to decide this is the way it goes when she teaches a portion.

My shorter part today was tough and gritty stuff anyhow, so people were content that it was me, lol, and I was keeping us on target. It's funny that when not teaching, our personalities are opposite than what I've just said would suggest. She is a no-nonsense, opinionated woman who speaks in bullet-points in her conversation, and I'm the one more likely to be so taken with someone's new thought that I forget what I wanted to say, lol.

I came home to a bit of a disappointment to me. Dd, HRH and ds have decided in my absence that it's vehicle-shopping time this afternoon. Sigh. Idonwanna. This is just our continuing quest to find a used vehicle for dd, and a possibility has popped up near ds' work. I already see some things I don't like about this one, and don't think it's worth going, but they are very interested.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 07, 2019 5:45 pm

At dinner after visiting our senior friend. We got a call from another church member to let us know and so I was concerned she'd be at death's door but she perked up considerably during the visit and we left her sitting on the edge of the bed eating her dinner.

I'll be out again on Sunday and next Wednesday if she's still in the hospital.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 07, 2019 6:37 pm

Dh checked in and was going by hospital first to see our dfriend who had surgery to fix the broken hip (again) today. There were issues with the first? He's had an awful time and consulted another surgeon and something was being fixed. A broken bone was also found - he had complained of pain since his fall that broke the hip and they finally figured out another bone was broken. He's had a time of it.

I sat outside for a bit with dMuffin and then talked to neighbors for a few.

I need to get supper going...corn is good to go on the grill.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:02 pm

d harriet - I am sorry you had to go car shopping especially after being out all day.
I am glad study was nice. Is it a bible study? I like when the speaker is able to coral everyone to stay focused on the lesson!
hope you don't have to be out too late!

hi d twins praying for fast healing for your d friend.
glad you had time outside with your sweet dog (visiting friends/neighbours)

hello all. getting tired. wishing you all a great evening.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:17 pm

dw emptied

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 07, 2019 7:33 pm

I sawed a branch off the plum tree moved it around to the front will load it in the trailer when one of the vechicles is out of the way. I also pruned
The suckers from around the bottom of that tree. Glad for that progress. It is really windy but the neighbors shop protected that area of the back yard.
H is home . Left overs for dinner today I have a pl an for tomorrow. I will use the crock pot on the deck.

Thanks for that reminder Blessed I ran the dishwasher and need to unload it.

Return to “Post When You Can”