anti-procrastination Wednesday. rah rah rah _ ducking and running

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

anti-procrastination Wednesday. rah rah rah _ ducking and running

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:46 am

I knew you would be thrilled by a cheerful anti procrastination day :lol: 8-) :D :D :D

well Cheerful Good morning or Good even' to you!!!

What is one thing you have been procrastinating on that you can get done today - Something Small!

Be good to yourself today because I think You are wonderful and you should too!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Re: anti-procrastination Wednesday. rah rah rah _ ducking and running

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 08, 2019 7:59 am

LOL, bw2! You're too loud this morning!

Did you know that it's getting light outside at 6:30 in the morning here? I actually set the alarm and got up early - I have the DAR meeting at 10:30 this morning and need to be out of the house early. I also need to load some stuff into my car for errands. Last night I asked dh to get those two bags of garden soil out of my car for me so I have room to reload it. (These are for the raised bed in the back that I still haven't got zinnia seeds into. Talk about needing anti procrastination day!)

Unfortunately, today is pretty full already, although I guess some of my errands count for anti procrastination tasks...

We are eating out this evening with dneighbor from the mountain - I didn't have much chance to visit with her at the shower on Saturday so we'll catch up. Her dmom is in hospice as well with Parkinson's disease.

I need to have breakfast and get into the shower next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 08, 2019 8:01 am

Also I'm glad that LadyM was able to help dgd with her fears about her room. She has had so many changes and upheavals in her short life, I'm sure this seemed like the precursor to another. I'm so glad that LadyM and dh are able to provide stability to her life.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 am

today is kind of a mixed up day.
I have to go to Tar jet. I am officially out of dog food ;)
mail my late mothers day cards *
mail baby present *
mail cousins hat*

*because I missed it on the last errand day

Bill and phone calls day
if it stops raining 15 minutes on roses and 15 on weeding veg garden

D twins: good morning lol - I woke everyone up - that's why I was ducking and running! lol 8-) 8-) :D lol.
yay on getting up early!
Have a wonderful meeting and yay on having your stuff in your for errands!
Enjoy your evening with your d friends (I am praying for her d mom!)
have a wonderful day sweet twins

lady is pretty amazing! So happy that d lady can give her dgd a safe spot to land.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:07 am

so happy for d harriets dd - yay on the new truck

before I get sidetracked I better get off the computer - have a lovely day..
rain here again. ;)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 08, 2019 8:57 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence with DGD7 and her bedroom. I always wonder if I'm too close to the situation to see the big picture.

DD didn't come this morning to get DGD7 ready for school. It didn't add much more to my AM things to do. I woke DGD7 up with a snuggle then selected her clothes to wear and laid them out. I wasn't in the cooking mood so I did a rare thing. I went and got a couple of pieces of breakfast pizza for the kids to eat for breakfast. I gave them a glass of milk and vitamins to go with it so I can pretend there was some sort of healthy aspect of the meal. Then I brushed DGD7 long hair and put it up in a modified ponytail. She had a lighthearted launch for her school day.

DS10 is finishing up his AM cards and should be ready to start homeschool on time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 08, 2019 9:12 am

I am contiuing to complete the home blessing hour. Made good progress on the floors last night.
Breakfast. X = done
Shake the rugs out this morning. X
Yea for some progress I watered plants in the plant cage and got a pic of the ones I planted from seed!
Check laundry is up today. Washer twins are now both going. Xxx third & last load in now.
Then wash sheets down stairs bedsheets are back on the bed now. x
Load branch. X
Kit. Mop. X
Some watering done.

For Later...
Vacuum the basement.
Plant & flowers in front of the house.
In the zone mirrors & windows, door knobs.
Desk & paper tiger needs attn.

Sounds like a plan.
Waving to everyone.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 08, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 08, 2019 10:16 am

I cuop from last night and this morning but didn't post. Instead, I went ahead with and did a henna job on my hair. I don't like the colour but I sure love the ease of this. It was 60 minutes from the time I finished putting in the henna until I was getting dressed, having let it sit (ate breakfast and tidied a couple of very small items), showered it out, cleaned the tub and surround and took down the shower curtain for cleaning and repair. I should replace it but IKEA isn't making this pattern or one close enough to it. It is clear with black, grey and white streaks (sort-of like rain drops dripping down a window).

So now I'm definitely a red-head again. I prefer brown with pale blonde streaks but I have yet to find another company that does that aside from Colora which is on my boycott due to country of origin list. Because this is really henna, not other plants that dye naturally, this leaves my hair red (since way back when I was little, it was an auburn/mahogany colour, so it takes the red happily, but my grey/white at my temples is a bit too freshly polished copper colour for my taste.)

I have the shower curtain in the washer along with my hair towels and so that will be another procrastination task once it is done. I need to mend it as the holes at the top are ripping.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed May 08, 2019 10:55 am

Hello everyone! I always feel contented when I am able to come here to read and post. I did peek in last night before turning out the lights, but was just too tired to gather my thoughts to post. I was happy to see that dsis came to post because then I knew that she made it home safely from our visit.

We did have a lovely visit with our dcousin and my dh as well. We did do some reminiscing about our families and I think we always learn something new. Harmony, I am glad to hear that your dh said he wanted to get together again before our move.

Today is payday and so I will have a Desk Day opportunity to balance the checkbook and pay some bills. There is probably enough clothes in the wash basket, so they will get washed and dried. Some of the morning routine is done, will get the rest done as I go along.

Lady M, I'm glad you were able to calm dgd7's fears. Youngsters can sometimes feel so vulnerable and are not always able to tell us.

Oh, Harriet, I'm happy that dd was able to get the car she had in mind.

OK, I have to get some things done. As you all might know I have a lot on my mind; I sometimes have to struggle to stay focused because of all the "but first I have to do this before I can do that" stuff. Ddil#1 called and said they want to come to see us for a little while before the end of the week. Also dh has to go for a blood draw tomorrow or Friday for a doctor appointment next week.

Wishing everyone a good day!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 08, 2019 11:37 am

Woke up to a VERY SUNNY day before 7. Immediately ran the washing machine. As soon as it stopped, I switched everything over to the dryer. Went into the kitchen and started the dishwasher. Roomba went for over an hour until the battery needed recharging. Made the bed. Did all of the pots and pans and knives and wooden spoons. I have 1 casserole dish still soaking. I am dressed. All of the groceries I bought in the past week are away. I have 3 bags of donations of food to go to the landfill so I can get some of the free compost. I also have the back seat of my car full of donations to take "up the hill" to a thrift store that I support.

I also did some stitching this morning.

Supper tonight is tacos by request. I need to go buy lettuce.

All clean laundry and all the clean dishes/pots/pans, etc. are away.

Don't ask about the island. My plan is to have it clear before I go to bed on Friday night. My dd and her bf are coming over sometime on Saturday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”