anti-procrastination Wednesday. rah rah rah _ ducking and running

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: anti-procrastination Wednesday. rah rah rah _ ducking and running

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Good morning everyone! Not sure what I will do for AP Wednesday, but I will think of something. My biggest AP task has been weeds and all that can be seen from the street are dealt with. I guess I could do the rest of the back yard. There will probably be something of greater urgency though.

Last night, I updated Quicken and balanced the checkbook. All the LOLs that were on my bed are put away. Made minute progress on the financial project (consolidated notes and put them in the spreadsheet).

At payroll, the daily loads have failed. This time it is a real problem in the data as opposed to running out of disk space or computer being temporarily offline. Gotta find it and fix it.

blessedw2: The volunteer WILL show, probably late. The cat coordinator would rather him not be there at all. He can be somewhat abrasive and is involved in a legal dispute with the leader of another animal org. (Personal, not animal related). I suggested she tell him to volunteer with us after the legal issues were settled, and she planned on doing just that. Somehow, she got steamrollered into having him come Sunday. The other animal org will likely be there too. I would have made it sound like I wanted to work with him, but was concerned about him jeopardizing his case.

LadyMaverick: Transmutation of food items is when users tell the system that they received or gave out one food item, but actually gave out another. It can involve time travel as well. For example, a warehouse expects to receive a shipment of carrots on 5/7. They don't HAVE carrots, but are planning to put them in the distribution boxes. So, they tell the system that they receive the items 5/1 and that they packed the boxes on 5/2. This is time travel. When the shipment arrives, it turns out to be carrots and peas instead and there are not enough carrots to go in the boxes the system thinks they have already prepared. Sometimes, they give out the boxes, mark them shipped in the system, but never correct the carrot -> peas substitution. So they are left with the system showing too many peas and not enough carrots, which is transmutation. In the past, users would try to fix this by making adjustments, which show on the federal reports and have to be explained. One or two cans are easy to explain, things expire, spoil, or are just plain missing from a shipment of 10,000. Major discrepancies are a problem, especially if time travel occurs between two months! We had to take away users' ability to make adjustments and now correct things ourselves. However, they still expect to be able to tell the system one thing and have it magically determine and adjust to reality. After all, aren't computers infallible?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 08, 2019 12:57 pm

Homeschool has been smooth today. DS10 still has some assignments to finish after lunch though.

I made a Mexican casserole using ingredients I had on hand that needed to be used. My experience is almost anything covered in melted cheese turns out okay. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

DGS22 is coming to pick up a notebook for his studies. He will also be eating lunch with us. I've only told him it is "hot and here". Anything beyond that expectation may not be realistic. LOl
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 08, 2019 1:09 pm

On the road again....
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 08, 2019 2:11 pm

Not progressing here.

Did make myself a lunch and the Danish cucumber salad for dinner so that is marinating in the fridge. I've also washed up all the dishes and sent out the garbage.

My load of laundry is clean and folded and put away, except for the shower curtain which is over the drying rod in the spare bathtub, drying. Once it is fully dry, I'll figure out a way to reinforce/mend the holes for the hangers.

Ok, I'm going to pull out my paperwork and at least sort it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Made more progress.
Turned the roast & added veg..
Watered more.
Deciding what plants go in front rounded them up and the shovel. Marigolds, petunia, pansies, bee balm.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Apparently the good fairy has waved her wand over my data. I had no luck in tracking down the error, which was an invalid date format. Hand running the queries not only produced no errors, but produced no rows! Not an unexpected result, not every day has a warrant payment. But if you have no data, how can it be erroneous? A coworker suggested just rerunning the two failed jobs to see which was the cause and which the effect. They both ran nicely!

My lunch was almost totally unappetizing. My eating habits seem to be changing for no apparent reason. All I want is the vegetables, and not much of those. Even so, my stomach is horribly bloated. Not sure what to eat tonight. Don't know what is going on.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Dinner tonight is steak since last night was sweet & sour pork for dh while we were out so he didn't want it again tonight.

We walked to the store and I picked up most of the lingering items on my list. I couldn't get ground beef. It is on sale elsewhere so my store has none so it doesn't have to price match. I did price match soup and then the guy entered 2 @ $2.00 and 1 @ $1.00. The latter was correct so that meant I overpaid by $2. Dh was annoyed with me lining up at customer service to get my money back. On the bright side, it added to my step count for the day (it is at the exact opposite end of the store from the entrance we use to go home.) So I'm up to 7400 and will make 8K, maybe 9.

Paperwork sorting is coming along. My desk is nice and clear of extraneous papers, but there is a small stack of to-do in the corner (hymn book, preaching notepad and my lectionary book.) Each of those things has a home, obviously, but for now they need to remain together. I added the printed off invoice for the church to that pile so I won't forget it on Sunday.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 08, 2019 6:02 pm

I've made a terrific mess of doing a temporary forwarding order for the remainder of my time in FL. Evidently the USPS doesn't recognize the 'third party' who evidently did the forwarding order of a 'permanent' status when my receipt plainly shows 'temporary'. Not only that they charged me $39.95 for it which is definitely not what the P.O. charges. Next go round you can be sure I will only use the cards available at the post office. Have no idea how this is all going to turn out but am somewhat worried right now that my data may be compromised. At least our postal gal up home recognized that it 'wasn't right' and has been keeping our mail and dh is picking it up. I was only trying to make things easier for him and he usually never picks up the mail. Arrgggh! And then some. I sent a dispute to the bank today (which the P.O. replied to an email that I should try. My hope is that a year from now I won't know the difference. :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Got all my errands done except for going to Michaels. Tonight's travels will take us to the same street in St. Catharines, so I will actually get to Michaels after all! I know that dh would have driven me there even if we weren't planning on going to "The kitty city" as some locals call it... (St, Catharines is also called St. Kitts and The Garden City.) It has a very long history due to the fact that local fruit from the Niagara region was shipped out from St. Catharines to all over Canada and the US and even overseas. Canned peaches were given to British subjects to celebrate the marriage of Queen Elizabeth II to Prince Philip.

Tacos with Guacamole, sour cream, fried ground meat (pork and beef) chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese and the remains of a bottle of black bean and corn salsa were enjoyed with extreme gusto. I keep forgetting how much dh enjoys them.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:52 pm

I am, still, sorry you have to work so many hours d elizabeth!

a quick hello - I ran errands pretty much all day - dh and I had lunch, which was nice - I don't car for the food but the company is always nice.
I still have a car full of tar jay run which i will get in the morning
I still have bills to finish put I got some done.
d kat and I worked out my weeks plan together. She is special! A joy!

I mailed out my d cousins baby gift to France - oh my gosh $$$ - shocking. I should have sent Euro's so that they could buy their own gift (that's supposed to be against the law ;) ) I do think she will like the gift though. She is a lovely young woman.

My d mom told dd younger (yesterday) that she is overly stressed about packing to come north again. I knew that's why she was being really mean. Dd said things are much better since d mom told her she was stressed. That's huge bc 90% of the time d mom is unaware of her own emotions. She gets anxiety but she says it's not anxiety. It definitely is about control and the lack of feeling in control (perfectionist) makes her anxiety soar.
very happy she is feeling better today.

It's been strange not having tv but I signed up for PBS at 5.00 a month - which I know I will use. Actually I am finding more time - but not used to being without chilling out to tv in evening. It will get better. I should have done this years ago. I used tv to relax and do nothing the last couple years. I used to sew etc. in the evening. Hoping I get back to working on needle work or going for walks in the evening.

ta ta for now.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”