Thursday Thread

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thursday Thread

Postby Nancy » Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Got the last of the veg. In back that are ready to plant in the ground. I putvveg. In beds along the fence with flowers in the backyard not really a garden.
It is dry windy and a hot weekend is up into the 90's for us, no rain till Wed.
I am looking forward to plant sale & farmers market this weekend.
Laundry is current again.
I am glad I cleaned the basement I am enjoying it a bit before dinner prep.
Got the other half of the spaghetti squash cooked in the crock pot on the deck.

Yea on your progress gals.
Gotta start go dinner in five min.
Dinner is done dishes are rinshed.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 09, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:00 pm

yay on the veggie garden d nancy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:02 pm

at least I got the dishes emptied, bathrooms swished and swiped.
garbage is outside.
2 laundry baskets that had been sitting in the front hall for 2 weeks are now upstairs. I had asked dh and he stopped seeing it. why get mad - a little frustrated though. :shock:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 09, 2019 8:55 pm

blessed, call the propane people - the large propane company that sends the trucks around to people who heat their homes with propane. They'd know.

The appt was a positive one. The much-anticipated reduction in meds - one is halved from what it's been for several months. General optimism on the doctor's part. Unsettling to hear that he has heard no "best guess" to how this happens - just another of the many mystery auto-immune conditions with rates that are increasing so fast all of a sudden.

Fielded calls from dsecondmil and dd39 with DangerBoy. HRH even took the call from his mother for a few minutes - wonder of wonders, lol.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 09, 2019 9:58 pm

After DGS22 finished his study time then we went to town together to purchase items on my "buy this" list. Not an exciting trip but a necessary one.

This evening I took DS10 and DGD7 to a class on snakes. Not my favorite subject but I wanted them to learn that snakes are not bad. I'm a lousy teacher of that subject.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 09, 2019 11:06 pm

I've reached a break point (as opposed to a breaking point.) I've got all invoicing done, all bank transactions done and the two main bank accounts reconciled.

We spent over an hour on September because someone had wired us $1550 and there wasn't an invoice for it so I couldn't receive the money into the bank. Eventually I asked enough questions, over and over, to remind dh that someone had paid for his travel expenses to Europe before the trip happened. So that explained why it didn't line up with a previous trip.

I still have expenses to do, I'm asking dh for all the expense summary sheets for the multiple trips he's done. And he's downloaded the paypal account summaries so I can reconcile those accounts in the morning. I also have to do the regular expenses that go through our credit card. So there's still a lot to do. I'm not sure I should have the grandkids over tomorrow. On the other hand, I've made tremendous progress and should be able to finish up if I give up on taking the donations to the church. Given the weather, that isn't a big sacrifice.

We'll see. I'll text dd with that.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 10, 2019 1:59 am

We’re doing okay — dh definitely doing better than we expected. Tired, and tomorrow will be a long day, show over at 5:00 and we’ll be starting home afterwards.
Today was unexpectedly cold and rainy, — 50 degrees when we left the park at 6:00 pm! — but kids got to ride some rides and they were both sooo good all day.
Keep us in your prayers for safe travel; ds looks like he is beat. He will have to help drive the band back to Nashville, and then he’ll be alone from there to home. If he rode with us, he’d probably get less sleep and the drive would be an hour and a half/two hours longer for us, too.

But — so glad we made the trip — dgs is having z ball!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:01 am

I am glad your dh is doing better d lucy.

Return to “Post When You Can”