Thursday Thread

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday Thread

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 09, 2019 11:50 am

Bookie - I'm so excited for you! Hoping the new roof goes smoothly.

LucyLee - Glad to see you made the drive there successfully. Looking forward to hearing how the rest of your trip is going.

We used to have birds hitting the windows in our last house. We have lots of birds here but none have hit the windows. I wonder what makes the difference. Although we have endured a couple of years of a cardinal destroying the mirrors of our vehicles.

DS10 is struggling with the side effects of his new tic. It causes him to swallow air which leads to stomach ache, burping and gas. We are not doing homeschool this morning.

DH brought home a bag of chips last night. Ugh. I wish I had thrown them in the trash but instead, I ate them. #Chipoholic #NotProud Taking a deep breath, acknowledging my weakness and starting again.

Today we will have lunch at our little town community center. Once a month we gather to eat and chat.

DGS22 is coming here to study this afternoon. He is an excellent student that rarely struggles but he has a biology class that is a bit of a challenge to him. I offered to be his accountability partner and he accepted.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 09, 2019 11:59 am

Ugh. I wish I had thrown them in the trash but instead, I ate them. #Chipoholic #NotProud Taking a deep breath, acknowledging my weakness and starting again.
Yeah, me too, Lady M -yesterday. And I bought the chips myself & put them in MY cupboard. Think I'll move them to the pantry in the kitchen so dsonil can finish the bag. I really fell off that wagon yesterday & I too am climbing back on.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Yea for progress all the early risers!
I forgot to mention I slept in till 7:30! :D
I am working some zone stuff also vac rec room. X
I put away totes that was over due also some stuff that was out after the washer over - spilled.
Home blessing finishing up the anti proscanation day tasks.

Last nite I got the roast shreadded in the freezer for bbq sandwiches on a bun later.
We had writing and reading I was going to do on the deck but we had thunder showers
so I was not able to do that.

Waving to all.

I need to pay attn. To some daily tasks before I head outside. I have plants in pots to move I noticed
they were geting morning sun, and afternoon shade. :mrgreen:

I moved & fertilized plants in containers. x
Weeded the back corner. X
Crock pot is 1st cooking half of a spagitti squash today.
Time for a lunch break.
Tossed some old egg cartons I used for starting plans in I was done with planting.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 09, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 09, 2019 12:59 pm

So glad Bookie's roofers are getting underway and can finish in a day!

I got my massage and got all the knots worked out and went through the grocery store (again.) Yesterday I meant to get cat litter to mix into the old latex paint we have in the garage so it can go into the trash, and of course, I forgot.

While getting a massage I got a spark about my portfolio case study and couldn't wait to get home to work on it. Before I do that I need to have lunch and get those seeds into the ground!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 09, 2019 1:40 pm

I got a spark

This makes me smile. I love it when the spark happens!

Lunch with longtime town friend group was fun. There was about 70 in attendance. One of the couples that always attend was missing so I called them. They were in ER because the husband stepped into the water meter and is getting a few stitches in his leg. I'm thankful he only has skin owie. it could have been much worse.

DS10 requested to stay home. I think this is the first time we have allowed him to be home alone. We were about a mile away and he had his phone to call if he needed something. #BabySteps #TrainingForAdulting

DGS22 is here and deep into studying with his books spread out on the kitchen bar.

I brought lunch and drinks home with me for DS10 and DGS22.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 09, 2019 1:45 pm

Boo hoo...

My vacuum cleaner has died. Sweetie tried to revive it, but it’s a dyson and he said he didn’t want to mess with it. Now he and the vacuum cleaner are of to the “hospital”. :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 09, 2019 1:51 pm

DD phoned, asking to visit tomorrow. I had to say no but I'll call her if I make amazing progress today on the books.

I started in on entering the invoices. Dh uses a service he worked on and no longer creates invoices on his template. I've signed into the service but can't see any of the invoices. He's off doing medical courier training today and won't be back until dinner time. So I am doing the entry, not from the invoice but from his spreadsheet that tracks his sales. (i.e. not from source documents, a no-no in my books.)

I'm 3/4 of the way through that but had to stop to do payroll entry. Got the source info prepped then decided to take lunch. Just getting back to work now.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Happy thoughts for BookSaver's roofers.

Hoping that LadyM's dd10 will outgrow this one soon and be able to manage the discomfort.

Errand Day was extensive:
PO with package for dd - success! (and delivery ahead of Mother's Day!)
distant DMV (road trip) - success!
bank for 2 transactions - success!
lunch - good without being bad for us.

PO story - ours is not usually a "chatty" PO because we've had so much growth, but today I was the only customer so I got an earful. Postal employees (at least in our area) have gotten a very unpopular memo - they may no longer have a water container at their desks/windows. Ours are livid. The lady was irritated enough but the fellow took his text with me for sure. :shock: He pointed at a camera I've never noticed. "They watch every breath we take and we're scared to f_rt, but can we stand on our feet all day without a sip of water? Yes!" My. Goodness. Of course, I was perchance the wrong person to ask about how important water is. I think I've convinced them to drink a pint when they awaken each morning, in preparation for a better day.

"distant" story - this time I took dd 3 towns away to a small-town atmosphere with old buildings and a slower pace. She loved the drive and saw several places to which she wants to return.

DMV story - small town helpful folks with delightful intelligence levels that rival their delightful country banter. The idea seems to be how to help the citizen understand. What a difference. Dd says, "I'll never go anywhere else." So that's done, and legal vehicle off to the world.

Phone call later : "Mmmommmm! How do you get the gas cap off?" :D I'm such a wellspring of lifetime experience. She was so worried HRH would answer! lol! (the answer, for an older vehicle, is Tim Allen's catchphrase. More power, grunt grunt.) "Ooooohh, like that." she says. "I get it. Do you know I am responsible for holding the gas cap myself? It doesn't have a hanger."

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 pm

you will get your vacuum cleaner purring again after it's hospital visit d rose!

who got the spark???? I need it!!!

hi all. dd younger is struggling today. We all have those ups and downs. Some work related, some d mom related, some water weight issues, money issues and exhaustion issues. It will pass. Tried talking to mom to see what was going on. Mom wanted hurricane information to be talked about in the moment she wanted and told dd that she better get her act together. She tried to tell mom that tomorrow would be great to get it all together or later this afternoon at a time that would work for mom. Mom took it as - well dd doesn't have to listen - wrote dd a letter that she can read or "not". Mom doesn't listen - she assumes that if you can't handle her intensity that you don't care or are never going to listen. I tried. "if she doesn't want to" basically listen to my wisdom right now well.... Mom is unaware of her intensity or finding a time to chat when both can really talk. It is what it is - she can't change and does not get it.

she gets overwhelmed traveling and today she has decided she knows all about air ports and traveling and has done it for all her adult life.. true ... but once she gets in there she is overwhelmed. She acts all brave and is insulted that she would need anybody to travel with her. I don't want to have my brother have to go - I think I can fly there and she can meet me in the airport and fly back. I just can't handle the heat.
I might use the pretext of I need to do this for me.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:13 pm

? I have 2 old camping propane 1 lb. tanks and I know there is gas left in them. I no longer have a camp stove. Is there a safe way of emptying the tank. no one in 50 miles will take them.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”