Thursday Thread

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday Thread

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:14 pm

the chimes are ringing outside.
my home: TRUTH 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) Needs a put away, a morning routine, laundry routine, finish the paper routine from yesterday, garden routine
I did errands yesterday and this morning. :shock: and my body is working slowly..... turtle slow

Slow and steady wins the race,
so don’t you worry about your pace.
Don’t you fret if they rush past
because it’s all a blur when you run that fast.
It doesn’t matter if you’re behind,
step by step, just enjoy the ride.
After all, who said the winner had to be the one that finished first.
So be immersed
in all the scenery and views along the way.
Take your time, I promise you, it will all turn out okay

by Jade M. Wong 8-) :D :mrgreen:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 pm

shaking my brain out - shaking the body out
not wanting to shake the sillies out :D
grab the timer.

Okay I can see I am overthinking -
take one thing and one thing only and do it.
kitchen first.
I need to
1 - turn on dw :D
2 -empty utensil thingy :D
3. counters :D
4. stove top :D
5. put away :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu May 09, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 09, 2019 2:38 pm

I have 2 old camping propane 1 lb. tanks and I know there is gas left in them. Is there a safe way of emptying the tank. no one in 50 miles will take them.

I would think they would be treated similar to aerosol cans. We would just throw them into the trash. I suspect different parts of the world deal differently with these type things.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:42 pm

The sanitary company said that they are considered dangerous waste for them as they will blow up in the truck???
they still have gas in them. ;)

thank you d lady!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Blessed, did the sanitary company have any idea for you what to do with them? There are several times a year ours picks up hazardous waste and we have to put a red tag on them and set by the road.

Booksaver, so glad to hear your roof is getting fixed. Yay for that company coming through for you.

Well it's raining. :roll: Figured it would rain, as I just washed the car and the dump truck. Took lots of scrubbing and then washing / rinsing. I used a rainx product that is supposed to leave a wax finish on it. I would have pulled it into the garage after I finished, but guy from church came by with long van and parked directly in the back of the driveway so I couldn't get out. He brought a folding chair rack for DH to fix.

I don't suppose the rain will hurt the car much, but it is being covered again in love bugs sitting outside. Maybe since they're not smashing onto them like when we drive they'll just slide off? I can hope....

Need to S2S I am very wet and dirty. Going to a function at church tonight with 2 girlfriends. It's a dessert only thing with a speaker for Mother's Day. They're using it for a fundraiser for unwed mothers organization in town. I have to stop and get a small gift to give also.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Rain should start here soon, too. But I knew that before sending dh through the car wash. He's on his way home now.

I'm struggling but there is progress. I have been able to check off payroll entry but nothing else. I ended up spending an hour trying to register the software to get the payroll option, only to learn I don't have it. Now I'm really not sure why I upgraded for over $500. I don't need the payroll system, I had a total of 9 entries this year in the payroll system!

In the meantime, I had to take time off this task to put in the order to the carpet. So I'm waiting now for a phone call from the salesman to get my final total and my credit card number. We've ordered 2 new area rugs. In blue (base colour) so now my antique hand needlepoint dining chairs will match the carpet (the old carpet was bought when I owned the table, but had not yet inherited its chairs, so I picked green to match my china.)

Ds was here and never once commented on the carpet being in the living room right now. I'm hoping I can have dd over tomorrow because I'm curious if she'll notice! It does work well. I'm not sure if dh will let me toss the old carpet. There's certainly room for it in our bedroom. And the colour would work but the point of getting a new carpet is I'm tired of this pattern after 25 years!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 09, 2019 4:22 pm

It's also raining here! Started about an hour ago maybe? It's coming down pretty good and also breezy.

bw2, I had a genealogy spark! I've been working most of the afternoon on it, but need to break and finish a.m. routine and my "top five." Plan is to work 45 min at :30 after the hour, and then break. I think I planned for 30 min total of garage decluttering and paper taming, so I probably won't get that done, but perhaps getting my genealogy mojo going is worth it.

From this a.m.:

-body work (BTW, I feel much better than I did last week, not as achy!)
-zinnia seeds into the ground Done, just in time for the rain!
-stretch, 7K steps, ck BP - I have 4800 steps so I'm on my for the step count, need to do the other two
-Document work for portfolio - 1 hr Done, I worked on something else but that's fine...
-15 min in garage, 15 min paper taming
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Pouring rain here. So glad I got all my errands done for the week! Grass hasn't gotten cut, but that can be done tomorrow or Sat. or Sun.

We had a bucket of wings and a rotisserie chicken from C ostco for supper. I went to the smaller one today. There was a line up to get into the line ups. Of course there was also a double line up to get out of the store and then another one to get out of the parking lot. They are going to build another huge one down near the outlet mall sometime in the next couple of years.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:21 pm

I will be back - just wanted to say hi.
hi d harmony d cathy, d twins, d kathryn, d lady, d everyone!

I am slowing down even further... I will take the spark you had for the genealogy work d twins (if you are sharing 8-) )
d harmony - no, the company didn't have a solution. I just can't toss it in the trash - so this will be interesting.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 09, 2019 5:58 pm

-body work (BTW, I feel much better than I did last week, not as achy!)
-zinnia seeds into the ground
Done, just in time for the rain!
-stretch, 7K steps, ck BP -I have 5700 steps so I'm on track my for the step count
-Document work for portfolio - 1 hr Done, I worked on something that wasn't the doc work, but that's fine...
-15 min in garage, 15 min paper taming I am going to try to get in 15 min paper taming now...I have oven preheating and will attend to supper along the way also...

Dh got home early and the wind goes out of my sails when he's underfoot...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”