Thursday Thread

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thursday Thread

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 09, 2019 8:25 am

There's a multi-entendre for you!

Thread - as in our daily PWYC thread

Thread - as in whats on the end of screw, something that helps the screw dig into place

Thread - as in what holds today together, or what comes undone (if you are having a terrible day!)

Thread - as a verb, weaving our way through the day

Take your pick, or come up with your own interpretation!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thursday Thread

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 09, 2019 8:26 am

I'm not sure if I'm coming apart or if today's work will be the thread that stitches the year-end together.

Stay tuned!

In January, I emailed the church treasurer saying I was ready to audit the books. The request came today so I had to say, "not until after Wednesday at 3:30." The books should be audited before the annual meeting. They MUST be audited before the church files its government report. That's due June 1.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:49 am

love it d Kathryn!

Good morning to you!
Good morning to everyone!

I woke at 6:30 and I haven't started yet :o ;) trying to change my ;) to a happier energetic :D attitude. right now my brain is on s-l-o-w!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 09, 2019 8:54 am

Thanks for getting us started Kathryn! Yesterday I had an idea for this morning but, of course, I can't remember it now.

I was up at 7 and have body work at 10, so I need to be out of here in an hour. Yesterday I had a.m. routine done plus a little more before I left at 10ish for DAR meeting, and then I didn't get home until 5ish. We left the house for dinner out at 5:45 and got back at 8, so I walked the dog then and collapsed last night. I got back here to read, but still had groceries to put away this a.m. I didn't stretch or ck BP yesterday, and left p.m. routine undone.

Errands I did do yesterday:
-saw mother
-took ring for resizing, and watch for repair to catch
-took lamp oil to household hazardous waste place
-recycled corrugated, an old printer and glass
-Goodwill drop off
-vet for dog food
-groceries
-post office
-bank

The parking lot at mother's assisted living place was full yesterday with some cars blocked in when I first went by, so I drove on by and did a couple of other errands first, and circled back. I was just exhausted at the end of all of that driving around. There's very heavy traffic at the big intersection near where mother is, and it seemed to exhaust me to get through it several times.

Top five for today:
-body work (BTW, I feel much better than I did last week, not as achy!)
-zinnia seeds into the ground
-stretch, 7K steps, ck BP
-Document work for portfolio - 1 hr
-15 min in garage, 15 min paper taming

Lynlee, it's all fun and games until someone flies into a window. You were certainly within your rights to express your concern, and I hope the advice was taken.
I LOLed at this! :lol:

Also for anyone following Elizabeth's original stmt re: Transmutation of food items, I had googled it and was beyond confused, so I was glad for LadyM's question and the follow up. :lol: https://www.google.com/search?q=transmu ... e&ie=UTF-8
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu May 09, 2019 9:07 am

Good morning, villagers ~
I'm stopping by with a bit of personal good news. We have roofers! Big strong men all over the roof! '

Of course, I'm in the middle of an anxiety attack that one or more of them are going to fall off or, even worse, fall THROUGH.

But as long as it doesn't start raining again, they said they can do the whole roof (including replacing all of the sheeting) in 1 day.

I'm just trying to hold myself together until I leave for work at noon. I'll be busy enough at the library that I won't have time to think about strangers all over my house. Then when I get home tonight, the torture will be over ...
until they come back in a month to replace the front porch and then the siding and gutters ...

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 09, 2019 9:10 am

Yesterday I really fell off the wagon as far as dieting goes. :( Did get my 10K steps in however so at least that was a good thing. Eventually perhaps it'll begin to show.

I've been l&&ting everything and anything I need to get done in the next 15 days. Want everything done (at least as much as I can) before that last Saturday. I'm also jotting down everything I need to do Saturday the 25th and all those last minute things on Sunday morning, the 26th before I leave for the airport. Think one of those is to strip our bed and wash the sheets. I can't make it alone, so I'll simply fold everything & leave it on the bed. If dd decides to use our room when she gets back down here in August (as Kathryn noted the other day we have also have different 'climates' and our room is much cooler than hers).

Think dd overslept today. I heard something at 6:15 and then saw her lights pulling out of the driveway. She usually leaves about 5:30 & sometimes between then & 5:40. They had taken their volkswagon for service on the emission control, but when the service people checked it there was really nothing wrong. They were ready for a big bill. Thinks something may have jarred the sensor. She'd made arrangements for ride to and from school. Principal laughed when she told her who was bringing her -yeah they usually roll in at the last minute at 7:30. Even being 'late' for her meant she'd be there by 7 today.

Have a LOL going & it must be almost time to switch it to the dryer twin.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 09, 2019 9:12 am

I'm dressed now and defrosting the berries for my breakfast. There's a load of laundry started.

I tried on the clothes I bought the other day. One dress (I thought it was a tunic) is being returned because it is too mumu-like. Two pieces I really don't have anything to wear with them but I really like them so will keep them and buy more stuff. Tried on the capris I picked up from Costco with one of the tops and they looked great but are too small. I've either gained weight in the past week or was overly optimistic when I tried them on before. Either is possible.

So I have two stores to do returns to. If I work hard on the books today, I may be able to do that tomorrow when I'm out dropping off stuff at the city church for the rummage sale. I was hoping to get more categories Konmari'd before the drop off but that's not going to happen.

Booksaver: Yay for the roofers! When I saw your post last weekend about upcoming weather it was worse than ours was to be. Then we got 3 unexpected days of full or almost full sun so we've had 5 in a row now. I'm feeling much better but today is gray so I did my light therapy just in case. I'm not sleeping well at night right now so have gone back to the melatonin, which makes me drag in the morning.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu May 09, 2019 9:20 am

3 loads of washing done, in and mostly away.
Walked to town fir a card for dm. posted it on the way home. guestimate 4k?

Harriet and Twins - I had to lol at Harriet's comments too.
They reminded me of the pillow fight that ended up with a broken louver. Fun until it wasn't.
I hope the birds share the news not to fly into windows as it can get to be frequent. It does give me quite a startle when they thump into a window. Maybe a fine curtain would look like a barrier without being a pulled blind making the main living area darker.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 09, 2019 9:57 am

Lynlee's calm in the face of injury was the inspiring part:

A bird flew into my front window lost a heap of feathers then sat while I lectured it on the wisdom
of avoiding flying into windows. - Lynlee

Multi-errands today. dd hasn't heard it all yet and will be disappointed, but if she expects my cooperation, she'll grin and bear it.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu May 09, 2019 10:11 am

Morning Y’all...

Lynnlee...I must have relatives of your birds. Two have hit my window, but didn’t survive so I couldn’t deliver your wisdom and lecture to them.

My day started early so I am enjoying it for the moment. Need to focus on my mornings by routines. The see the camels peeking over the hill and need to water my sunnies.

Dinner is planned, footprints were picked up last night and need to vacuum as well. Twig arrives around noon and we are heading out to a shoe store to pick up a pair of shoes she ordered for her trip.

I have offered to take her to the airport early in the morning.

Glad to knownBookie has roofers dancing on her roof. Know she’ll be happy to have that done.

Off to start my day... should be 89* today although the winds were so bad last night I thought that me and my sunnies might land in Oz!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”