Friday Conga - Jump in when you can

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Friday Conga - Jump in when you can

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 10, 2019 7:49 pm

LadyM: I have the wood markers and they really are magic. My floors are dark hardwood, and I can make a lot of scratches disappear. Dents still show but it takes away a lot of other owies. Same for the furniture. All of it is beaten pretty badly so when I'm trying to cover scratches, I'll use the marker. Most of the time, I go with the distressed look! The windows here are not UV coated so the furniture is fading away badly. I have to just not care because we don't want to cover up the windows with shades all the time.

Dinner is over. I had picked up ground beef last night so we made up a dozen burgers and I'll make a beef, tomato and rice chowder tomorrow for my lunch. We had two burgers and froze the rest. They work out to be about 70 cents each (with the onion and egg dh adds) and they are far better than anything we get while out, even from gourmet places. We spent a lot of time going to all the fancy burger places in town before giving up and settling for McD's Angus burger. It was as good as the others. Dh's is the best, though.

I really need to get to work on the expenses. Maybe I'll put on an old movie to keep me in this room at least.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:56 pm

hi all.

I washed the wall about the stove and a few cabinet fronts.
I also took velcro from the inside of the cabinets. don't ask - I thought years ago that I would do my card file on there. didn't work ;) 8-)
I am tempted to continue work but I am so tired. sitting on my bahooky driving makes me tired - go figure. errands and driving long distances makes my brain tired. ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 10, 2019 8:15 pm

How is the beef, tomato & rice chowder made, Kathryn? Sounds good to me.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 10, 2019 9:31 pm

I have a friend that wanted to come and stay in July with her husband who suffers dementia. I had put her off, last month, waiting to see if I'd be stronger. She texted again today and I had to say no but didn't reply for hours, I honestly weighed it. I said I could not handle overnight guests but was up to an afternoon visit. Then she wrote an hour later, saying how about just 2 days instead of 3? I handed dh my phone to do the reply since I wasn't getting through to her but just before he pressed send, she finally read my rejection from before dinner and then suggested an afternoon. That works so we added it to our calendar and sent back a 'that will be wonderful.' That's a lie but 'that will be manageable' sounded rude to me.

Dh was adamant that the answer should be no because he doesn't want to get stuck with her dh.

They can't afford care for him, so he's still at home and she gets no respite at all. I feel sorry for her but this is not my responsibility and we are not close friends, more acquaintances.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 10, 2019 9:54 pm

The bulletin finally arrived earlier this evening and I've now cross referenced with my 'script' and know what I still need to do with the service (embellish the sermon and edit the prayers of the people.)

That's my other deadline for tomorrow night.

I've sorted through the receipts and matched the trip ones to the trip reports from dh. When I matched them, I realized he had missed one of the reports but that's because there was only one charge on it to the client, airfare. He also had a 5 Euro train fare from the airport to the hotel, but he didn't charge that to the client because it seemed petty (it was a very big invoice.)

I'll hopefully get the expenses done tomorrow.

Dh's aunt is dying so there's that deadline (no pun intended) as well. Obviously I can't be there if the funeral is held on Wednesday but if they delay, then I stand a chance of being able to go. That's assuming she dies in tomorrow (which is what is expected.) It would be a shame for her die on Mother's Day, so I hope the end is quicker. Her daughters don't need that memory.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 pm

It is a lovely evening. I got most of the plants in, the ones in front of the house are done. I just have a few more to put on the side or in back. It has gotten hot so I will be warering a lot the next few days. The snakes are out here too I was watching for them today, I think the dog found a rattles from a rattle snaje today. I am typing this outside and a squirrel just ran across the driveway in front of me.

Return to “Post When You Can”